Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,800 members, 7,879,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:32 PM

Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG (41973 Views)

Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Asito(m): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
FAF0015:

And are you to determine his fate as per his educational cereer
I am a nairalnder who is just giving my opinion about a thread. If e pain you, write your own opinion and stop quoting me. Thank you.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by 9jatatafo(m): 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
My question to the authority of unilag is this. Were this rusticated student to be a son of one prominent Nigerian or a lecturer in that university, would he have been dealth with in this manner?
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by sextrovert: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
ogawisdom:

D little rat is a product of failed home which gave him wrong home upbringing.

Nw dt he is rusticated let him go n rut in hell, he is nt worthy in character for a degree

U cant abuse d highest decision making body of d University - d uni senate n go free.

D uni shld arrest him and sue him for defarmation I.diot

ogbeni, are u a lecturer ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by SAMBARRY: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
ogawisdom:

Even if u get your certificate b4 criticisms it can still be withdrawn by d Senate of d University BC u r nt worthy in character. Degrees r issued based on one being worthy in learning and character.
i don't see anything wrong in what the student did.the only thing that was wrong was his approach, immaturity and insults. If he wanted to criticize people that you know will likely come to attack you you do it with patience maturity and tact.that was what he lacked not criticisms and insults without evidences to back up your provocative allegations
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by castiello(m): 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
Make unilag go look bush joor after all they only produce high class olosho nonesense
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by SAMBARRY: 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
9jatatafo:
My question to the authority of unilag is this. Were this rusticated student to be a son of one prominent Nigerian or a lecturer in that university, would he have been dealth with in this manner?
exactly. Thank you for that question. The answer is the matter will be swept under the carpet and the Senate will invite the father for a closed door meeting session to warn his son very well or the father might loose his job

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by akejubaba1: 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
marshborn:
Watch out for adeyeye, i see him doing big things in the future.
True
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Flickzvill(m): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
biggz82:
Nice 1, 4 semester is 2 small please make it 8 or 10, so dat he will learn 2 bhave wen e go dey class with him children mates
shut up Coward

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by ogawisdom(m): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
SAMBARRY:
abegiii. Do you know how many people criticized Jonathan when he was still in office. Different People forming political analyst on tv radio and newspaper calling him names ,we're bashing his policies left right and centre. Why didn't HE get all OF them arrested for speaking against the presidents polices. Nigerian educationists should learn HOW to accept constructive criticism even iF it's from their student undecided

Dts d problem there was nothing constructive in d boys statement, it was pure abuses of University constituted authorities using unverifiable claims.

Hw can a little rat say dt D education of a VC was a waste without supportive empirical evidence. Even his parents will nt support his actions ie if he has one.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Bestie0309(f): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
They are just gvn dis guy free publicity.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Vick4rill(m): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
this young man is among those that deserve the mantle of leadership in this country. so many people have display, their low mentality IQ that have been taken Nigeria back for long. those agitating for anonymity should know that anonymous speeches are never taken serious. the young man did wat thousands of student could nt do. he stands up for the right of every cowards in that school. and yet some fools which i knw mostly are xtians are busy insulting him. this is the same mentality most xtians have in this country that will continue to make the muslims rule over them till enternity. bunch of lazy people. nobody want to speak up, nobody want to die, nobody want to stand for the truth, nobody want to do anytin for a permanent change that will do generation to come more good. I wonder were south Africa would have been by nw if Mandela have nt spoken out and went to jail. wat would have been of the Negroes if Marthin luther king was a coward like u guys.seriously some people re jst breathing bt nt living.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by folasayolyn(f): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
SAMBARRY:
i dont support the university system but you don't criticize the very system you're in and hope to get a certificate from with the signature of the vc and of which the Senate will still have to approve OF his graduation before he graduates so if he had wanted to criticize or say all that get your certificate out of the system first before you begin to criticize. That way they won't have any thing to use to punish you or waste your years of Labour

Part of the princples of wisdom and discretion is knowing when to say what. If you say the right thing at the wrong time it might back fire which IS his own situation

true yoruba would say until your hand touch eku Ida don't ask what manner of death did your father die. let's also remember our human rights end where another's begin. there is nothing like justice in nigeria. he should 1. not have named names 2. he ANONYMOUS in fact what was he doing at school gate after rustication
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by SAMBARRY: 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
ogawisdom:

Dts d problem there was nothing constructive in d boys statement, it was pure abuses of University constituted authorities using unverifiable claims.

Hw can a little rat say dt D education of a VC was a waste without supportive empirical evidence. Even his parents will nt support his actions ie if he has one.
he knew what he was saying his only problem wad that he was making provocative allegations without any back ups or proofs.you know this People are going to come after you the moment they get wind of what you wrote so you have evidences. You can imagine insulting a vc who is a professor with all his years of Labour and toiling now calling it a waste. Of course the first thing they'll come at IS your certificate
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by motherfucker: 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
herald9:
This is a case of a child calling his father an ineffectual buffoon but still expect to live in the family house.

You're yet to obtain a common B.Sc but had the audacity, impetus and obscene effrontery to refer to a PhD holder who has many publications to his credit in such manners.

Where is the respect for elders?

I support criticism, but this one was wild and uncouth. You merit the rustication.
What has those publication done to your life as a Nigerian? I need answer FAST! You guys do get it do you? We are professors,engineers, etc on papers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by mahyowah(m): 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
jaymejate:
Nice one.
Arrogance and lack of moral coupled with character is that guys prob
If you call criticism of bad administration arrogance then I feel something is wrong with u.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by folasayolyn(f): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
ogawisdom:

common let's be real. he also said that we have to do our work ourselves. we learn nothing that's true. when a lecturer in my school could make handout compulsory yet say if that's all you read you'd fail and truly nothing was there. he also asked if the education they are giving us is what they received true let them go back to the drawing table. he was rude yes, he's been rusticated let him be
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by redcliff: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
kingwill2050:
Three comments and we don reach front page.... The moderator on duty should be rusticated

Lmao!!!
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by kwinsliy(m): 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hardeysolution:
When I hear people praise the guy, I feel like, something is wrong and they are being wicked. The parents might not be financially buoyant And there their child displayed lack of respect. If ur dad doesn't given pocket money but pay your school fees, does it warrant you calling him a bastard? This is just the case here. The guy displayed disrespect and lack of adequate home training. Unilag starts exam in two weeks time and someone is there organising protests? Ur so called Supporters will write exam while u are there doing activism when not recognised. Did Paul, Jesus curse the Pharisees when on their right? I see some kind of stupidity.

I recommend expulsion if possible to be in the meeting... ......
Keeping silent wouldnt have solved any problem either. ''the man dies who keeps silent in the face of tyrany''-wole soyinka.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Spiff20(m): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
When it comes to expressing opinions and venting of anger against an entity(FG) there's usually a line and he crossed it. It's a case of "freedom of speech" but no warranty of "freedom after speech". He's a smart kid and i admire his guts but this was way too extreme
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by SAMBARRY: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
folasayolyn:

true yoruba would say until your hand touch eku Ida don't ask what manner of death did your father die. let's also remember our human rights end where another's begin. there is nothing like justice in nigeria. he should 1. not have named names 2. he ANONYMOUS in fact what was he doing at school gate after rustication
exactly. He can even be arrested for trespassing. If you're rusticated why are you still courting for more trouble.you against the whole Senate in a university?

You against professors and professionals

You against those with intellectual political and economic power? He is even adding more to his problem. He might be right but kofogbon shey rara

He's fighting an already lost battle. If he's not careful his fellow protesters can fall victim.je should just channel his energy elsewhere because bravery without wisdom equals to foolishness

Also the pen is mightier than the sword
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by jaymejate: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
mahyowah:
If you call criticism of bad administration arrogance then I feel something is wrong with u.

In a wrong way in this Nation?
Can you do that also?
If you can, then you better change the way you think.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by vikkeee(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
Immediately I saw the thread I knew they would judge the guy based on one very new law and then I saw bla bla law contained in "handbook 2015/2016" .......I talk am

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
biggz82:
Nice 1, 4 semester is 2 small please make it 8 or 10, so dat he will learn 2 bhave wen e go dey class with him children mates

I am sure you are seeking admission. If not you would know that speaking out like this is the only way the world would know the rot going on in unilag.

Before you rant. I am a student of unilag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Ugosample(m): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
About saying that the nation's investment on him (them) to be a scholar is a waste, I kinda agree with him o

Because if they enjoyed subsidised education up to PhD, became professors, and till now, we can't point to the research breakthroughs that can be ascribed to your name, sorry to say, the investment is a waste.
Look at it this way, if you send your kid to school, you have certain expectations from such child, and if that child does not meet up, then sorry to say, the investment indeed was a waste.

The government invested so much in these crop of scholars, many were even sent abroad at the behest of the public purse, yet in return for all these, the society gets Nothing in return, in form of research quality, and even teaching quality.

That's my view tho, and I should not be crucified for it.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hardeysolution:
When I hear people praise the guy, I feel like, something is wrong and they are being wicked. The parents might not be financially buoyant And there their child displayed lack of respect. If ur dad doesn't given pocket money but pay your school fees, does it warrant you calling him a bastard? This is just the case here. The guy displayed disrespect and lack of adequate home training. Unilag starts exam in two weeks time and someone is there organising protests? Ur so called Supporters will write exam while u are there doing activism when not recognised. Did Paul, Jesus curse the Pharisees when on their right? I see some kind of stupidity.

I recommend expulsion if possible to be in the meeting... ......

Oga, leave story, they rusticated him since the begginnig of the semester.
The boy did nothing bad, why should he be punished for saying the truth?
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
rhektor:
the young man has said what he saw as terrible act of Nigerian lecturers, using unilag as example ,but the university of Lagos has not said anything to disprove his assertion instead the speaker here was filled with arrogance of how much the institution is bigger than the young man. If this is how our lecturers think then how on earth could they rusticated the young man,as he has just shown what they had imputed in him? why attack the young man's personality and not the issue?

my conclusion is that these unilag lecturers and Senate or whoever has a hand in his rustication has no reason whatsoever to decide his rustication.

God bless you!
Some people reason with their anus.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=Winners72 post=49662544]Adeyeye Femi will surely make his way to becoming Nigerian president very soon. He's so charismatic and truth inclined.[/quote

If this is your idea of the type of president.this country needs, then you're one of the problem of.this country
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Horlawale1(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
I was in the same bus with this guy just yesterday going to the same area without knowing he was this brave, was surprised to watch this video and he happened to be the one. Brave guy indeed.

In Nigeria we don't love the truth. The sky is ur limit bro
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Richy4:
I was thinking that there was a new evidence that justified his rustication.. So everything centered pretty much on what was posted ...

We already knew all this things except maybe the so called "Unilag handbook"...

They have nothing on the guy bro, they are just victimising him and the rest for having the guts to protest when the school was running upside down.
How many people did they give the so called handbook to? undecided
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Winners72:
Adeyeye Femi will surely make his way to becoming Nigerian president very soon. He's so charismatic and truth inclined.

If this is your idea of the type of person out country needs as president then you are one of the problem of this country
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by wonyin(m): 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
"Affirming that the University of Lagos is committed to awarding its certificates not only for learning but for the character as well, the statement pointed out that over 7,000 Degree and Diploma certificates duly signed by the Vice-Chancellor and Registrar of the University are awarded every year."

He can do dah 2ruly,but can he award nd sign blessing of God(Alubarika) to doz certificate?

chai...... Nigeria wish way to go?
wish d philanthropist guy all d best,am sure we all gonna see him successful in life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities / Do You Still Remember? Who Can Solve This Jss1 Maths Question? Ja / If You Need Financial Help For Your Education...orphans Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.