Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:37 AM

Where Is My Country Headed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is My Country Headed? (739 Views)

Thousands Of IPOB Supporters Headed To Nnamdi Kanu’s Home As Army Lays Siege / Nigeria Is Headed For A 'full-blown Economic Crisis'- Yahoo Finance / I Read This Post And I Feel Ashamed Of My Country...... No Unity And Love Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is My Country Headed? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
I graduated with high hopes, had big dreams, worked hard to be the best graduating student in my department, and above all genuinely loved my country.

To change things in my country has always been my aim, slowly it rescinded to just things in my field of study and now I wonder! My eyes has slowly but surely been opened to the sham this country and our leaders are. They have practically sold our birthrights and would not hesitate to sell our hopes if they could. I have watched as Chinese contractors balantly cheated and killed the spirit of Nigerian engineers with the backing of our leaders, our so called protectors who they simply pay off and they turn a blind eye, I have watched as half-baked Asians curse at and disregard the opinions of fellow highly intelligent engineers in our own country, arguing isn't an option because you would simply be sacked and majority have accepted their fate, who would want to fight a battle that the mentality and utterances of people around you have said you can't win? Who would want to fight a lost battle? I have watched the engineering passion slowly extinguish from the eyes of my fellow great engineers, I have seen that innovative and creative spark die in a lot of good men/women who have resigned to fate.

I have seen intelligent young people with great dreams resort to betting and quick money schemes and loose the little they have trying make a little cash, I have also been privileged to see some lucky few leave this country and her woes behind to even lesser countries to start afresh and get to expend their brain resources and be noticed. I have watched my country willingly let go of extremely intelligent young capable hands under the guise of tribalism, religious fanatisim etc and I can't help but wonder where has my country gone?

I said goodbye to a very brilliant young friend of mine today who is migrating to Gods Own Country, this is someone who we both shared great dreams we had hoped to achieve in the field of engineering here in our country, I looked at my friend and asked when would you be back? and got a sad smile in return. Well, Maybe Nigeria prefers to read of her peoples exploits in developed and willing to develop countries. Who knows I may join up soon!!!

But I say, Nigeria wake up, reclaim your past glory, cast off any form of religious yoke, cast off tribalism and embrace common sense, do not let all your heroes of tomorrow leave while you wallow in past glory, we claim to be a godly country but 90% of us are two-faced, sometimes I do imagine God/Allah looking down and shaking His head at us, its not enough to claim to be His child, we have to act the part.

Arise Nigeria...Arise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by yorex2011: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
Everyone up to the unborn child knows Nigeria in a precarious state. what we need now is solutions, we all know the country has a problem.

so I ask..
What do you plan to do in your own little way to contribute to the restoration of Nigeria's lost glory?

1 Like

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by gidgiddy: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
Nigerians can be funny. How can someone in this day and age expect progress from a forced union of people? The only people who gain from slavery are the slave masters, the slaves always suffer. Nigeria doesn't work as a nation because the various ethnic groups who make it up, especially the 3 main ethnic groups, have no unity of purpose. And they don't like each other. The only unity of purpose Nigerians have is 'Oil'. Lord Lugard failed us all by bringing us together

4 Likes

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by OreMI22: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
iamGraced:
I graduated with high hopes, had big dreams, worked hard to be the best graduating student in my department, and above all genuinely loved my country.

To change things in my country has always been my aim, slowly it rescinded to just things in my field of study and now I wonder! My eyes has slowly but surely been opened to the sham this country and our leaders are. They have practically sold our birthrights and would not hesitate to sell our hopes if they could. I have watched as Chinese contractors balantly cheated and killed the spirit of Nigerian engineers with the backing of our leaders, our so called protectors who they simply pay off and they turn a blind eye, I have watched as half-baked Asians curse at and disregard the opinions of fellow highly intelligent engineers in our own country, arguing isn't an option because you would simply be sacked and majority have accepted their fate, who would want to fight a battle that the mentality and utterances of people around you have said you can't win? Who would want to fight a lost battle? I have watched the engineering passion slowly extinguish from the eyes of my fellow great engineers, I have seen that innovative and creative spark die in a lot of good men/women who have resigned to fate.

I have seen intelligent young people with great dreams resort to betting and quick money schemes and loose the little they have trying make a little cash, I have also been privileged to see some lucky few leave this country and her woes behind to even lesser countries to start afresh and get to expend their brain resources and be noticed. I have watched my country willingly let go of extremely intelligent young capable hands under the guise of tribalism, religious fanatisim etc and I can't help but wonder where has my country gone?

I said goodbye to a very brilliant young friend of mine today who is migrating to Gods Own Country, this is someone who we both shared great dreams we had hoped to achieve in the field of engineering here in our country, I looked at my friend and asked when would you be back? and got a sad smile in return. Well, Maybe Nigeria prefers to read of her peoples exploits in developed and willing to develop countries. Who knows I may join up soon!!!

But I say, Nigeria wake up, reclaim your past glory, cast off any form of religious yoke, cast of tribalism and embrace common sense, do not let all your heroes of tomorrow leave while you wallow in past glory, we claim to be a godly country but 90% of us are two-faced, sometimes I do imagine God/Allah looking down and shaking His head at us, its not enough to claim to be His child, we have to act the part.

Arise Nigeria...Arise
[size=16pt]
So lemme ask,,
Which country did you have all that high hopes for? Nigeria??
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=13pt]Apart from the clinic where you were born, was your birth even documented anywhere in the official documents of Nigeria?

You see why Fulani herdsmen from Libya have more rights than you as a so called Nigerian?

Apart from Governor Fayose fighting for the rights of Ekiti citizens to live and farm in their land without harrassment and murder by the so called Fulani-Libyan herdsmen, which other Nigerian governor have stood up for the so called Nigerian citizens they govern in their state
?[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
@OreMI22...I had sincerely hoped things would have been better? I envisioned this country going to the moon soon instead we see FG projects on production of pencils... pencils sad

1 Like

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by ElCount: 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
Nigeria is a dying nation that's a fact everybody knows it, but few are willing to accept it. All man made objects have expiration dates Nigeria isn't an exception

3 Likes

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by leofab(f): 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Yeye country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by DLondonboiy: 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
where is that 9ja has killed me guy...?

if u ever have a chance of leaving 9ja...run, run with all ya might...9ja ain't getting better...not even in 100years.

but funny enough..even in this failed country, people are living well..building mansions..and buying cars everyday...

2 Likes

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
OP...you are just waking up?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2016
Real2020:
OP...you are just waking up?
lipsrsealed
Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by OreMI22: 11:28am On Sep 26, 2016
iamGraced:
@OreMI22...I had sincerely hoped things would have been better? I envisioned this country going to the moon soon instead we see FG projects on production of pencils... pencils sad

[size=13pt][b]
My dear,

You see, you cannot build a nation by undermining part of it and trampling on justice & equity.I mentioned the Libyan-Fulani herdsmen as a metaphor of how injustice in the system will allow a fulani man to murder a local farmer and still walk free, while you cannot kill their chicken without going to jail! Your president pretends he is powerless against these people but finds all his powers when dealing with Gov. Fayose who made laws to protect Ekiti people.

These same injustices in the system will not allow anyone to feel they are Nigerian and therefore, that your moon travel will never happen as the best brains will be overlooked in preference to a fulani man in FG engineering jobs. After paying Bursary to a fulani child with lower cut off marks, the brilliant son of a fisherman in the south is allowed to drop out of school because nobody will pay for his education.Is that fair?

In America, there is a speech in January called "State of the Union" where the President addresses pressing issues of justice,equity,fairness and economic growth.

In Nigeria, we believe justice and fairness is inimical to our progress. Thus, Nigeria is today a dying country and it's guaranteed to die at some point unless serious steps are taken to address issues of justice and fairness.
[/b][/size]

1 Like

Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
OreMI22:

[size=13pt][b]
My dear,

You see, you cannot build a nation by undermining part of it and trampling on justice & equity.I mentioned the Libyan-Fulani herdsmen as a metaphor of how injustice in the system will allow a fulani man to murder a local farmer and still walk free, while you cannot kill their chicken without going to jail! Your president pretends he is powerless against these people but finds all his powers when dealing with Gov. Fayose who made laws to protect Ekiti people.

These same injustices in the system will not allow anyone to feel they are Nigerian and therefore, that your moon travel will never happen as the best brains will be overlooked in preference to a fulani man in FG engineering jobs. After paying Bursary to a fulani child with lower cut off marks, the brilliant son of a fisherman in the south is allowed to drop out of school because nobody will pay for his education.Is that fair?

In America, there is a speech in January called "State of the Union" where the President addresses pressing issues of justice,equity,fairness and economic growth.

In Nigeria, we believe justice and fairness is inimical to our progress. Thus, Nigeria is today a dying country and it's guaranteed to die at some point unless serious steps are taken to address issues of justice and fairness.
[/b][/size]

You have said it all...#truetalk
Re: Where Is My Country Headed? by Izonpikin: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
first of all are we citizens of nigeria...does the government know you, me and others...

the country doesnt even recognize that little helpless child born right about this minute...

when i think of what citizens enjoy in sane countries i really at the end of the day doubt if i am from nigeria,...

A country where leaders use us like toilet paper..a country where leaders ensure there is enough poverty so that they give little to entice the masses to vote for them...

abeg..make that your friend no near this country again o as e don manage leave am...

(1) (Reply)

True Story Behind The Arrest Of Two Supreme Court Judges / Court Declares Jimoh Ibrahim As PDP Gubernatorial Candidate In Ondo State. / Jegede Enimikomiyenghan Becomes National Ijaw Youth Leader, Jegede an Ijaw name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.