Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,745 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:40 AM

What Is Your Take On Gospel Comedy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Take On Gospel Comedy (630 Views)

Top Nigerian Gospel Artistes Are From Christ Embassy - Is God Being Partial? / Preaching The Gospel Or Preaching MMM / Why Are Pastor's Children Nonchalant To The Gospel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On Gospel Comedy by geraldgiz(m): 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
Fellow nairaland xtians, what do u think about gospel comedy in the Church of God. My confusion is that such was not in the bible and i know Jesus is not a comedian. Even though a preacher should av sence of humor but this days i see jokes with profane languages in the church of God. What do u think folk? To me, it ain't cool. My own opinion though
Re: What Is Your Take On Gospel Comedy by Julivas(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
I don't support it.
Re: What Is Your Take On Gospel Comedy by jaymejate: 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
Well According to the Bible in

Ephesians 5:4
"Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving".

Also
Proverbs 17:22a
A cheerful heart is good medicine;

There should be, But, when it goes to an extreme that it's becoming unbiblical, Then it becomes a SIN.

Thanks
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Gospel Comedy by twosquare(m): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
geraldgiz:
Fellow nairaland xtians, what do u think about gospel comedy in the Church of God. My confusion is that such was not in the bible and i know Jesus is not a comedian. Even though a preacher should av sence of humor but this days i see jokes with profane languages in the church of God. What do u think folk? To me, it ain't cool. My own opinion though
Wrong. Just imagine Peter or Paul doing that. When a Church has nothing to offer, it delves into worldly activities. Is this the time of joke or comedy on earth? Satan is busy killing men, and all we can think of is comedy in gospel. This is a serious business of pulling down the dragon's throne on earth. When we should be busy cracking the Scriptures that hasn't fully opened, some are busy with gospel comedy. I wonder if Enoch would have skipped death if he was involved with things like that.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Gospel Comedy by anibi9674: 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
Gospel comedy is only for a lukeworm church. it is purely satanic. The time we are now calls for revival of the saint and the church, the church should be preparing for rapture. Any Church that welcomes the so called gospel comedy does not preach the message of rapture in their congregation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional( Tues. 17/01/2017) / If You Think The Planned Islamization Of Nigeria Is A Lie, Read This!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.