Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,086 members, 7,887,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:31 PM

Pathway For Disable Student To Tertiary Education In Nigeria.any Provision? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pathway For Disable Student To Tertiary Education In Nigeria.any Provision? (408 Views)

JAMB 2018 Policy On Admission To Tertiary Institutions, All Nig uni V.Cs present / Boy Who Dressed Like Female Student To Canvass For Votes Wins SUG Election / Man Dresses Like Female Student To Win SUG Election At Anambra State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pathway For Disable Student To Tertiary Education In Nigeria.any Provision? by Xam02(m): 6:11am On Sep 26, 2016
I have been carrying out a bit of research of recent as regards the fate of disable nigerians from the scratch through to tertiary level. Most especially, considering the fact that I have a junior brother who is deaf and dumb but very much intelligent and technically talented; I mean witout being apprenticed at any workshop, he fixes all appliances at home, profers solution to almost all technical problems in the house.
Realising how talented he is, I am obliged to ensure the realization of his potentials and his ability to stand fit and financially stable on his own in the nearest future. But right now, my headache is how I can get a sound technical tertiary institution for him considering the fact that he will soon be through with secondary school (for the disable). I really need to have a plan on ground for him as regards life after secondary school. Is there any provision for this kind of people in nigeria(or beyond) at the tertiary level? Is there any grant made available for them? Opinions needed please.
Re: Pathway For Disable Student To Tertiary Education In Nigeria.any Provision? by Obinnau(m): 8:19am On Sep 26, 2016
As regards to abroad, there are plenty. Google is your friend.
Re: Pathway For Disable Student To Tertiary Education In Nigeria.any Provision? by nanaman(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2016
Xam02:
I have been carrying out a bit of research of recent as regards the fate of disable nigerians from the scratch through to tertiary level. Most especially, considering the fact that I have a junior brother who is deaf and dumb but very much intelligent and technically talented; I mean witout being apprenticed at any workshop, he fixes all appliances at home, profers solution to almost all technical problems in the house.
Realising how talented he is, I am obliged to ensure the realization of his potentials and his ability to stand fit and financially stable on his own in the nearest future. But right now, my headache is how I can get a sound technical tertiary institution for him considering the fact that he will soon be through with secondary school (for the disable). I really need to have a plan on ground for him as regards life after secondary school. Is there any provision for this kind of people in nigeria(or beyond) at the tertiary level? Is there any grant made available for them? Opinions needed please.

In Nigeria,no provison for now and no law for people with disabilities.

Abroad,be rest assured,he would get comfort,study well and develop his potentials.

God bless you bro.

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Government Scholarships For Nigerian Student 2017-2018 / FG Declares October 3rd A Public Holiday / Urgent Need For The Establishment Of Nigerian Society Of Criminology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.