Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,893 members, 7,883,124 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

My Journey Through Hell (short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Journey Through Hell (short Story) (869 Views)

Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ / Journey Through The Wilderness... (love,betrayal, Money,sex). / A Client From Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey Through Hell (short Story) by HolyPaul: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2016
I came back from work feeling famished. I dashed to my kitchen opened my fridge but there was nothing I could throw into my mouth instantly. All I could see was the rice I cooked yesterday, I brought it out quickly and was about to warm it when it dawned on me that my match sticks had finished. I checked my wrist watch it was 9pm, I ran out of my apartment and ran to my neighbour’s apartment. I knocked on Nnamdi’s door twice before he answered and came out.
“Good evening Aunty Caro”
“Good evening” I greeted back
” Nnamdi please can you help me with one match stick when I am through I will return”
He dashed to his room and came out with a match box stressing that I should return immediately I was through. I thanked him and rushed back to my apartment, I quickly lit my stove and placed my rice on it. As I was about returning it I remembered I had no more match sticks to use so I quickly collected some from Nnamdi’s and placed it in my match box. Then I went and returned the remaining to Nnamdi. I went back to my apartment and headed to my bedroom, I brought out a novel that I been reading and continued. It had been fifteen minutes but I was lost in the world of my Novel that I forgot what I had put on the stove. When I started perceiving smoke smell I quickly hurried to the kitchen, as I was about bringing the pot down the stove fell down also and before I could pick it up my novel fell on the floor. My novel was already in flames I quickly got water on pour on the rapidly increasing fire but it escalated the more. Before one could say “Jack prosper” the whole place was set ablaze.
I couldn’t ascertain where I was, but I was standing in a line before me was the most popular musician Michael Jackson. I quickly turned back but to my amazement a popular politician of the 90’s Gen Sani Abacha stood behind me with hands akimbo and was staring at me. I hastily turned my face back to avoid his gaze, I was trembling where I was I couldn’t comprehend where I was. Immediately I spoke out, “Where am I?”. There was no answer, the whole place was quiet and everyone was just staring at me. I freaked out and screamed
“Where am I?”
“Where are you” echoed a calm voice
I looked up and what I saw bewildered me, a man putting on white robes with a book on his hand his face shone like that of the sun, his whole body was radiating I couldn’t withstand the heat, I quickly bowed my head
“Who are you” I asked timidly
“Who am I?” He answered my question with a question again
“Are you God?” “What” Where did that question come from?
“I am not God and you are at the judgement throne”
“What!” I covered my mouth to avoid screaming
“Am I dead?” I asked to no one in particular
“Yes you are and you are here for judgement” He said opening the book in his hand which I assume to be the book of life
“So I am dead” I managed to say. I wasn’t afraid of death when I was on earth and neither will I be afraid of judgement now, I have lived a hood life, I helped the sick, I Have helped the poor, I prayed always, I will boast like St Paul that I have run the race and what awaits me now is the crown of glory. I was elated for the first time since I came here at least I will see God. I sighed a sigh of relief.
“Caroline David” The angel called out
“Yes” I answered with joy composing myself to be at my best
He then began
“Faithfulness A1, charity A1, Prayer A1, Studying the scriptures A1………” I was beaming with smiles already assured of my ticket to heaven. He continued
“Spirituality A1, forgiveness A1, Holiness F9” At the sound of the word F9, my system instantly came to a halt, I just managed to stutter
“Holiness F9? Lord I have been a righteous woman ever since I gave my life to Christ in 2003, I have been living the faith. Why then do you want to give me F9?” The angel just looked at me with pity shaking his head “You lived a righteous life Caroline, you did everything God wanted you to, why then did you break His heart?” Immediately a screen appeared before me, I saw myself collecting some match sticks from Nnamdi’s match box and then I realised what the angel was talking about.
“Nooooooooooooooooo” I screamed and immediately I knelt down rose my hands up determining to catch the robe of the angel
“please forgive me thy word says in the book of”
“It’s too late Caroline” came a loud voice from someone behind me. Turning back, I saw a man tied in chains, smoke emanating from his body, he looked wearied and tired but he couldn’t stop laughing
“Hahahahahahhahahahah” He went again trying to grab my hand, I shrugged off his hand turning back to the angel, I pleaded
“please sir don’t let him take me, thy word says in the book of Daniel 9 vs 9 The Lord God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him”
“Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah” the man burst out louder again
“And you also forget that the bible says in Romans 6 vs 23 For the wages of sin is death” He said holding my hands firmly with his robust fist, I tried removing my hands but to no avail I looked up to the angel but there was no movement from him, He continued dragging me as I wailed for help but there was none, I was left to my fate The more we moved the hotter it becomes until we finally reached a bottomless pit, he pushed me down aggressively, I couldn’t help but scream at the increasing temperature of where I was going
“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo” I shouted at the top of my voice and woke up from my nightmare. I was sweating profusely all over my body, the sofa on which I was laying on was wet already. I stood up immediately still frightened on what I had just experienced, I quickly ran to the kitchen, the smoke coming out choked my throat, I coughed numerously as I took my now black pot down, put off the stove and ran out of my apartment with Nnamdi’s matchbox just in case my dream wanted to come true in any second. I ran to Nnamdi’s apartment and knocked twice again
“ohhhhhhh who is that now, can’t you see it is late” he grunted but on seeing me his comportment changed
“Ehmmmm Nnamdi am sorry I took some of your match sticks without your knowledge, please forgive me” I said handing over the match sticks to him
“Aunty Caro, no problem at all but as you tell me now good pass, you fit use am” I thanked him and rushed back to my apartment. Remember no sin is too small or too big live your life so that there will be no trace of sin at the last day.
Re: My Journey Through Hell (short Story) by afanide: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2016
Wow....
Nice one and thanks....
Re: My Journey Through Hell (short Story) by HolyPaul: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2016
Judge This Write Up In One Sentence
Re: My Journey Through Hell (short Story) by andyboi4real(m): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
Please You Guys Should Comment On My Work. I Still Have More Stories

(1) (Reply)

I Will Destroy My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins-soyinka / The Girl Who Had Everything / 2017 Nigeria Christian Writers/literature Award - Fourth Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.