Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,416 members, 7,978,317 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:41 AM

HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much (951 Views)

What Can I Be Feeding My GSD For Proper Growth / My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) / Diary Of My Gsd, Kiara (kiki) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by DaVinciii(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hello pet section
I have a 6 months old gsd that is very obedient and calm. Anytime she barks, just know its either she wants to pee or shit or play. Even when she sees a stranger, she will want to play.
If u sit she will run and lie down or sit under ur chair. She can play rough o. But thats the problem. She likes people too much. If you go close to where shes chained she will bark at you and be wagging tail, will even cry self, loose the chain and its to come and play. Even stranger.
I saw one thread like this too and the guy there was adviced to chain or house the dog in a place she wont see strangers and it worked for him, but not mine.
I actually had one other gsd that was the opposite, too aggressive so i sold her and bought this one na wa. Please what should i do? I love this dog. Thank you.
Re: HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by Mckandre(m): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
ust make up ur mind on the type of dog u want, Ure the issue here not the dogs.
Re: HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by DaVinciii(m): 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
Mckandre:
ust make up ur mind on the type of dog u want, Ure the issue here not the dogs.

Thanks but other dogs are friendly to only familiar faces. thats what i want.
Re: HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by cube2012: 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
Just aquired 2 GSD they are 24 weeks old and at they are playful in the morning will bark and wag their tails. But at night no follow dem play oo grin grin grin They will bark and growl at anybody that enters until you identify your self. How does your dog behave at night?
Re: HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by DaVinciii(m): 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
cube2012:
Just aquired 2 GSD they are 24 weeks old and at they are playful in the morning will bark and wag their tails. But at night no follow dem play oo grin grin grin They will bark and growl at anybody that enters until you identify your self. How does your dog behave at night?

your own is good guy. Im not sure about night but she makes sure she destroys anything left outside in the night and digs any sand place in the compound. But ive not heard her growl before.
Re: HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by BomboyOnline: 11:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
Your dog is just being a puppy.
Re: HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
Take your dog to MOPOL and they will train it for you for just 25k and it will turn into a rectro viral wicked beast at the snap of your fingers
Re: HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by EdDave(m): 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
Cut her tail and apply hot alligator pepper there and she ll won't allow any she doesn't trust to even come close.
People say it works.
Me I don't know o. undecided
I usually sell off any over playful dog.
I love dogs that know when to play and when to attack.
Re: HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by lorenzmond(m): 5:33am On Sep 29, 2016
Bro don't worry about that, I once had the same experience. Your dog is still a puppy as it ages it will be normal. Barking and protecting their territory is innate. With time it will be aggressive. Mine is 1year and 2 months now at times I hardly sleep because of its barking and growling but when it was 6 months it was playing like hell. Trying caging it too it helps.
Re: HELP! My GSD Likes People Too Much by DaVinciii(m): 6:04am On Sep 29, 2016
Thanks to everyone. I am convinced it's an age thing.

(1) (Reply)

Male And Female Boerboel Puppies Available For Sale / Adult Female Bullmastiff / My rottweiler Litter At The Wrong Time (two Months Pregnancy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.