Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,443 members, 7,888,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:21 AM

Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election (998 Views)

The Support Nnamdi Kanu Is Getting From Yoruba Leaders Is Unprecedented -FFK / The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To Buhari- Nigerian Economist / Corruption Cases Unearthed So Far Unprecedented And Mind-boggling- Prof Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by NextGovernor(m): 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
After proper assessment of what aspired during the election that took place in my polling booth, ward and LGA today in Edo State, I realise that Nigerians still have a long way to go.

Graduates, undergraduates, working class youth and some small business owner were selling there vote for a mere 2000 naira. To my surprise the elderly ones above 40 stood to their ground and voted for their conscience. For advance women collecting wrappers and 1000 naira and some still voted for their conscience despite collecting all these things.

I found out the age grade between 18 - 35 years were all compromise with a token and sold their conscience for just a mere 2000 naira. I called one of them and specifically told him. Do you know you don't have any right to question this person if he eventually becomes governor because he bought your vote.

The elderly ones were condemning the act and even questioning how come all these money flying around when the same government can't pay salaries and same time complaining of funds for capital project but the youth who are suppose to resist this act were all after the money and sold their vote.

The saying "We youth are the leaders of tomorrow". For the majority of youth we have in Nigeria today, are they really the future and redemption leaders of tomorrow?

I weep for Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by dorocent(m): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
i wonder. jux feelin sad how youths bhave dis days
Re: Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by Tundenoni(m): 11:11pm On Sep 28, 2016
make us believe your story please
Re: Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by eyeview: 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
I gave up on Nigerian youths in 2015 when they all clamoured that a man over 70 years with no basic qualification was their choice. Pa buhari's votes came mostly from youths who are even older than the age Buhari ruled the first time

2 Likes

Re: Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by donphilopus: 1:09am On Sep 29, 2016
The OP and the 3rd commenter are just so foolish. OP, stop blabbing and post the result of your Polling Unit for everyone to see. You made so much noise here on Nairaland prior to this Election. I'm surprised you're now here crying like a baby.

What conscience are you even talking about? The same conscience you refused to use in 2015? Didn't your conscience tell you to vote out Jonathan in 2015? When you voted (for) him, didn't your conscience judge you? How do I even vote (for) the CoS and later SSG to 'Thief' Lucky Igbinedion? If I do not vote him, why would my conscience judge me? Judge me for not voting a thief? Even tell me what made you vote Jonathan in 2015. If not because he was a Southerner or because he was the highest bidder. Pls, if you have nothing to say, switch off your vote and go to the bed.

APC shared money yesterday and PDP equally shared. Why are you then making it to look as if only APC shared money in Edo State? Once again, if you have nothing meaningful to say, go and sleep!

3 Likes

Re: Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by Jokerman(m): 2:56am On Sep 29, 2016
donphilopus:
The OP and the 3rd commenter are just so foolish. OP, stop blabbing and post the result of your Polling Unit for everyone to see. You made so much noise here on Nairaland prior to this Election. I'm surprised you're now here crying like a baby.

What conscience are you even talking about? The same conscience you refused to use in 2015? Didn't your conscience tell you to vote out Jonathan in 2015? When you voted (for) him, didn't your conscience judge you? How do I even vote (for) the CoS and later SSG to 'Thief' Lucky Igbinedion? If I do not vote him, why would my conscience judge me? Judge me for not voting a thief? Even tell me what made you vote Jonathan in 2015. If not because he was a Southerner or because he was the highest bidder. Pls, if you have nothing to say, switch off your vote and go to the bed.

APC shared money yesterday and PDP equally shared. Why are you then making it to look as if only APC shared money in Edo State? Once again, if you have nothing meaningful to say, go and sleep!

Don't ever come here to talk of anti corruption fight anymore please... just witchhunt the opposition while you are in power....
No change, same old desperation for power....

1 Like

Re: Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by NextGovernor(m): 5:50am On Sep 29, 2016
donphilopus:

Why are you so foolish? This is the problem with Nigerians, why must you turn everything to politics. I am speaking as a good patriot not as a PDP agent. I am talking generally whether APC or PDP involve, some of our youth aren't serious. It is guilty conscience that is worrying you because I never mentioned any party.

Moreover, PDP swept my polling booth, ward and LGA.

My polling booth: PDP 471 APC 67
My ward: PDP 3296 APC 618
LGA: PDP 16220 APC 9130

Go and confirm the result from Unit 4, Ward 8, Esan North East LGA. That was where I voted.

1 Like

Re: Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by NextGovernor(m): 6:01am On Sep 29, 2016
donphilopus:

You that have conscience. The Buhari you voted for what has he done so far rather than worsen every single thing he met. So you want me to believe Buhari is more better than Jonathan abi? Buhari is a failure and i knew right from the beginning that was why I never voted and can't vote for him.

And don't tell me he is fighting corruption because Dogara, Burutai, Dabazua, Fashola, Amaechi and co are all walking freely despite the heavy allegations against them. What about the MTN 500 million bribe? All covered up.

2 Likes

Re: Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by abouzaid: 6:34am On Sep 29, 2016
donphilopus:

the op didn't even say that directly that apc was sharing money yet you have already concluded that they're the one doing so because you that's the truth, you also know that anybody that collected money have already sold his right to criticism of the candidate if he eventually becomes the governor regardless of how corrupt, partisan, treacherous, lying and clueless he is as a governor. you're probably one of those paid apc online change agents.

1 Like

Re: Unprecedented And Shameful Act Of Youths During Voting/election by gwales: 6:56am On Sep 29, 2016
[s]
eyeview:
I gave up on Nigerian youths in 2015 when they all clamoured that a man over 70 years with no basic qualification was their choice. Pa buhari's votes came mostly from youths who are even older than the age Buhari ruled the first time
[/s] rubbish, I voted buhari and I would gladly vote him against Jonathan.... DAZZOL

(1) (Reply)

It Is 1st October : Where Is Ripob And Tripob / Gov Wike And Wife Attends Deeper Life October Crusade In Port Harcourt [photos] / Germany To Send Back Many Nigerians:Merkel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.