Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,970 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:08 PM

EPZ Project Can Stop Militancy, Reunite Ijaw, Itsekiri – Bebenimibo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EPZ Project Can Stop Militancy, Reunite Ijaw, Itsekiri – Bebenimibo (407 Views)

Any Niger Delta Meeting Without Tompolo In Attendance Will Fail – Bebenimibo / Released 21 Chibok Girls Reunite With Their Parents, See Emotional Photos / The Opportunity Costs Of Militancy In The Niger Delta, An Exposé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EPZ Project Can Stop Militancy, Reunite Ijaw, Itsekiri – Bebenimibo by Fowarding(m): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2016
WARRI—A member of the $16 billion private-
driven Export Processing Zone, EPZ, project,
Warri South West Local Government Area, Delta
State, Mr. Paul Bebenimibo, yesterday, said that
the project will employ about 150,000 men and
women at the construction stage and over 5,000
workers when completed, and same is capable of
stopping militancy in the Niger Delta region.

Bebenimibo, representing Ijaw interest in the
Gbaramatu Deep Sea Port part of the project with
the Gas City component in an Itsekiri enclave,
told Vanguard, “I wish to add my voice to the call
to President Muhammadu Buhari to put
machinery in place to continue this project as
part of stimulus to the economy to address the
current economic recession in the country.

“There is no doubt also that this project will
address the issue of militancy in the Niger Delta
region as unemployment and lack of
developmental projects in the region are likely
factors fuelling resurgence in the region.

“Clearly, this project will significantly address the
issue of unemployment in the country, as over
150,000 men and women will be engaged in the
construction stage alone, and over 5,000,000
work force when the project is completed. With
the present economic situation in Nigeria, this
project is very crucial to add value to the
economic life of the masses.

“It will also unite the two major benefiting tribes
of Ijaw and Itsekiri as the need for peaceful co-
existence on their part will equally guarantee
hitch-free crude oil exploration activities by the
Federal Government of Nigeria.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/epz-project-can-stop-militancy-reunite-ijaw-itsekiri-bebenimibo/

1 Like

Re: EPZ Project Can Stop Militancy, Reunite Ijaw, Itsekiri – Bebenimibo by Fowarding(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2016
Cc:lalasticlala
Cc:Berlynn
Cc: HERSLEY
Cc: zinachidi
Cc: LordScent
Re: EPZ Project Can Stop Militancy, Reunite Ijaw, Itsekiri – Bebenimibo by HERSLEY(f): 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hmmm
Re: EPZ Project Can Stop Militancy, Reunite Ijaw, Itsekiri – Bebenimibo by sarrki(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
Observing
Re: EPZ Project Can Stop Militancy, Reunite Ijaw, Itsekiri – Bebenimibo by courage89(m): 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2016
Agreed, it will create jobs. Would it stop militancy...? I don't think so. There has to be a united effort spear headed by the locals and the federal government to de-risk the Niger Delta and make it attractive to investments. It is only when the structure, system and fundamental business culture is permissive that you'll attract needed investment.

(1) (Reply)

#edodecides: APC Candidate, Godwin Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election / She Woke Me Up Just To Wish Me Happy Independence Day WHO DOES THAT????? / #Nigeria @56 Beyond The Celebration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.