Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,573 members, 7,978,903 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:31 PM

Job Seekers Fall For Gtbank Vacancy Scam Yesterday Including Me - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seekers Fall For Gtbank Vacancy Scam Yesterday Including Me (1503 Views)

Application For GTBank Entry Level Programme / How To Detect Job Vacancy Scam In Nigeria (be Safe) / Recruitment For Call Center Agents For Gtbank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Seekers Fall For Gtbank Vacancy Scam Yesterday Including Me by ohn1759: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
Job seekers fall for GTBank vacancy scam Yesterday Including Me
Several unemployed youths who responded to a job alert on Whatsapp found out that they were scammed.
Thousands of unemployed youth fell victim to a job scam purportedly emanating from a Human Resource firm which had sent Whatsapp notification for various vacancies existing in one of Nigeria's leading banks, GTB, not knowing the notification came from fraudsters capitalizing on the unemployment situation in the country.
Glad that they will have an opportunity to attend an interview with the bank for the positions of call center operators, the youths trooped into Lagos, some from other states only realized that the notification was a mere prank.

Eyewitnesses who saw the throng of job seekers converging at the address given for the interview, said there were many frustrated youths who had hoped to get an opportunity of getting employment.

However, it was learned that the company had quickly taken to social media to disassociate itself from the job alert, tweeting that it did not emanate from them and that the person who sent out the message was not their staff.

But that did not deter the job seeking youths from trooping out to try their luck.

Addressing the crowd at their premises, officials of the company clearly told them they had fallen victims of a scam and wondered why anyone would go to that length seeing the situation in the country.

A Twitter user with the handle @madamTHEmadam, who claims she works close to the venue of the purported interview, also tweeted about the happenings.
#palmchat

Re: Job Seekers Fall For Gtbank Vacancy Scam Yesterday Including Me by franklyn00(m): 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
I got the message, something came up, which was why i did not go. Very disappointing
Re: Job Seekers Fall For Gtbank Vacancy Scam Yesterday Including Me by ojun50(m): 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nigerians we never learn
Re: Job Seekers Fall For Gtbank Vacancy Scam Yesterday Including Me by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
that's one problem about job hunting especially online...scammers everywhere some will even ask u for cash,how do u expect a jobless person pay u money?? what's the essence of the job hunt then?? I just tire

Nigeria my country
Re: Job Seekers Fall For Gtbank Vacancy Scam Yesterday Including Me by goshen26: 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2016
Re: Job Seekers Fall For Gtbank Vacancy Scam Yesterday Including Me by idu1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
Because of 80k walahi.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy! Vancancy!! Vacancy!!! / It Instructor Interview @ Grandlead Heritage / Icsl Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.