Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,751 members, 7,882,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:21 AM

Police Invitation To Settle Relatives Issues, Is It Called For? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Police Invitation To Settle Relatives Issues, Is It Called For? (697 Views)

I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? / Funny Ways Couples Settle Their Quarrels / Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Invitation To Settle Relatives Issues, Is It Called For? by cutiebabe: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2009
I have a married friend whose little female cousin was living with. Sometime last year, the husband processed UK and American visa for the whole family including the cousin. Unfortunately the cousin was denied UK visa but granted US visa but there was a challenge as to how the cousin was to travel to US alone considering they had to travel thru UK and she wasn’t granted UK visa (she is 11 years old and opted to stay back as she couldn’t imagine travelling that distance alone). After much deliberation, they decided that she should stay back and travel with them next time as the US visa was for 2 years. But the relatives abroad had other plans of bringing the girl to stay permanently without prior or proper notification of the principal characters: expecting the passport to be given to them. To cut a long story short, my friend didn’t respond as she wasn't told on a one on one basis, (was more of a back plan without giving them due respect). The relatives felt it was only normal as elders that their wish should be respected and they felt insulted when their request wasn't heeded. It got to a point that they had to involve policemen and lawyers claiming the passport was seized and so on, even insinuating that if it meant the couple losing their jobs to get the little girls passport from them, that won’t be a problem. It really baffled everyone that things could go as far that especially considering that all the while the little girl was at the parents house, nothing much was done to help only for a "do or die" approach to be used when an opportunity was presented by someone else. What do you guys think or make out of this situation?
Re: Police Invitation To Settle Relatives Issues, Is It Called For? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 15, 2009
its ok .especially if there is threat of violence
Re: Police Invitation To Settle Relatives Issues, Is It Called For? by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2009
If life is in danger, it is ok, however, for silly things like he/she wont give me the keys to my car, that is dumb and uncalled for, and will one day come back to bite you in the rear

(1) (Reply)

Andy Needs Advice / Somali Man 112 Years Old Man Weds Girl Of 17 Years / Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.