Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,781 members, 7,952,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nigeria Independence Day: Does It Worth Celebrating? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Independence Day: Does It Worth Celebrating? (643 Views)

President Buhari's Birthday Cake Vs Nigeria's Independence Cake. Nigerians React / Oby Ezekwesili: "Buhari's Independence Day Speech Is Divisive & Uninspiring" / People In Kaduna Celebrating The Return Of Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Independence Day: Does It Worth Celebrating? by Rhymez(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2016
Happy 56th Independence Day to the Giant of Africa, Nigeria
This should be the trending news around the globe but the question is "Does it worth celebrating?"

With the following factors, I think celebrating Nigeria Independence is a misplaced priority:

1. Recession: No doubt, even a toddler in Nigeria understands the word "Recession" and its effect on the economy. Since I was born, I have never experience this level of recession that has led to abject poverty and hunger to an average Nigerian. If Nigeria is an organisation, then we are experiencing insolvency.

2. Unemployment: How can we be happy when we have no job to provide money to feed our families? The recession has led to lost of jobs and properties in the quest for survival. The current government promised job creation but what we are getting is job destruction. Over 4million jobs were lost within a year. We are indeed in a change administration. It is well.

3. Exchange Rate Nightmare: I used the word "Nightmare" because you wake up every morning to find out Dollar, Pound and Euro rate against the Naira has increased. The way it skyrocketed from N215(GEJ administration) to N480 as at 29th September (Buhari Administration) is really something to worry about. Should we allow it to get to N1,000 before we act? God Help us.

4. Our leaders don't care: YES! They don't. They don't feel the suffering of average Nigerians. The worse part is, if you complain too much, you are a "wailer". I wonder where that word came from? The leaders (both PDP&APC) are just after their pockets. Was it not in Nigeria some certain leaders were paid hardship allowance? Masses suffer and leaders get compensated. (Sighs) What have we done to deserve this kind of government?

5. What are we even celebrating?: What has Nigeria achieved this year that worth celebrating? Go to the street of Nigeria and ask Nigerians what they are celebrating and you get sceptical responses . Let's not deceive one another.

Conclusion:
The government can do us a favour by kick starting all the promises made during election campaign. We know this is not the first time Nigerians have been scammed with empty promises by desperate politicians but as you introduced your #ChangeBeginsWithYou campaign, let it begin from your office. I may not have spoken the minds of other Nigerians, but I know millions of Nigerians suffering today share my view.

God Bless Nigeria.

https://eagleeyesreporters..com.ng/2016/09/nigeria-independence-day-does-it-worth.html

Re: Nigeria Independence Day: Does It Worth Celebrating? by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
Like seriously you've so shared my view on this ...and back to the topic which is a question .. My answer is no .. This shitty independence stuff isn't worth celebrating
Re: Nigeria Independence Day: Does It Worth Celebrating? by loabb2(m): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
Yes it worth celebrating. Go and work hard my brother and stop complaining about what Nigeria can do for you.

(1) (Reply)

After Freeing Saraki, Ekweremadu, Nigeria Dismisses Forgery Charges Against Nati / Gov. Wike Threatened, As His Resists Police, DSS Attempt To Abduct Judge / Nigerian Senato Dino Melaye Dancing In His Hotel Room - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.