Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,705 members, 7,918,185 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 02:50 AM

This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! (2491 Views)

Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. / Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola / Why You Shouldn't Drink Before Bedtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by esosa4real(m): 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2009
Nairalanders i need your input on this one because it is quite serious.

At about 5pm yester-evening, i bought a bottle of coca-cola coke (the usual small bottle) from a local store, and was about to open em when i observed SOMETHING very very very strange!!,
It shook me up my feet to find out dat there was something dangling inside my coke bottle. I checked carefully by turning em upside down and sideways and found out that there was an hand chain (BRACELET) right inside my drink.

My brothers and sisters "fear catch me" honestly, i was scared to death because i had almost opened it and drank em cos i was damn thirsty, i was so mad and furious and ofcourse it attracted other people, friends and passers by, everyone was agitated by this,

Seriously i just dont know, but i wonder whats happening in this country, while would big companies like coca-cola in nigeria tend to just act irresponsibly.
is it because we are nigerians or what? do they takes us for animals? If this were to open in USA, yall know whats up?

I still have the drink still un-opened because i am still trying to decide my next step towards enlightening ppl about the outcome, but quickly bgathering advices about ways to go about this ASAP. As of now, there r some microbes or maggot-like sturvs growing inside the drink already and we are really angry about this thinking about the health hazard , this could have caused,
I plan meeting a family friend who is a judge in Edo state, to seek legal or whatever ADVICE, PLS TAKE THIS SERIOUS, BE REALISTIC,WHAT WILL U DO.
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by zugoboss(m): 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2009
If na me I don hammer! Sue them abi what else will u do? Cases similiar to this occured abroad & the victims are now millionaires.So guy this could be ur chance of making it big don't waste it o!
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by VENUSS(f): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2009
Zugoboss, millo wat, not in naija, de either beg u wit smal change or silent u 4 wantin 2 ruin dere busnes. @poster d braclet na gold abi diamond. Lol
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by vanitty: 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2009
Big companies don't like bad press. If you can prove that the bracelet came from the bottle then my dear you might be into some money.
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by esosa4real(m): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2009
ye i can, i still havent opened it, and yes i ve plans to fight back, will try uploading pics soon.
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by violent(m): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2009
My advise is to get a good lawyer, and make sure u dont hand over the bottle to anyone, except the court says so, if possible, get some press guys involved, tht way it might be a little difficult for the company to sweep it under the carpet, once the compesation comes out, i will wait right here for my share! grin
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by agathamari(f): 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2009
last week i bought 2 bags of pancake mix at shoprite and when i got home and opened it they both were filled with maggots. last year opened a can of soda and found a dead roach in it.
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by MzBabs(f): 4:47am On Oct 22, 2009
I am American, and my husband is from Naija. He has told me stories about people finding items in their coca cola many times. I think this is very unfair to Nigerians. Why should they not be considered as Americans are? I know for a fact that if that happened here in the US, there would be an enormous investigation resulting in an even bigger lawsuit. This is totally unacceptable. As customers, better product should be demanded. If not, just do what we do here in the US- BOYCOTT!
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by Dclique(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2009
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by anochie: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2009
i have such bf in fanta bottle n that one is like algae or those greenish particles in a dirty gutter. it was disgusting had it been dat its night, any one wld have taken it without knowing. it was my colleague in d office dat bought d fanta,we told him to take it up by involving a lawyer but hes afraid dat its naija dat anything can happen as in sending assasins to him he just went n inform d independent dealer in festac where d retailer bought d crate n what they did was to compensate him with a crate of mineral n collected d drink from him CASE CLOSED

in my own opinion, get a lawyer n let him sue dem, real money will come out in millions but oboy no show too much face threr.let yr lawyer do everything  n settle u
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by agathamari(f): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2009
MzBabs:

I am American, and my husband is from Naija. He has told me stories about people finding items in their coca cola many times. I think this is very unfair to Nigerians. Why should they not be considered as Americans are? I know for a fact that if that happened here in the US, there would be an enormous investigation resulting in an even bigger lawsuit. This is totally unacceptable. As customers, better product should be demanded. If not, just do what we do here in the US- BOYCOTT!
same things happen in mexico. if it is bottled or packaged there it isnt wise toconsme it. most resorts import food for the guests from the us
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by esosa4real(m): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
Thanks everyone, your candid replies are very much welcome, sorry i have been quite busy on this. that i havent got much time to come tell ya whatsup.
I have found a good lawyer and mehn he is willing to take this up, and as at yesterday he told me he was going to formally write to the company about the incident,
I will be seeing him tommorrow for feedback, but meanwhile the bottle is safely with him still unopened.

Its easy for us to say "sue",  ofcourse i wud love to sue, but as at now am just becoming aware of my environment, NAIJA is corrupt, i even sought the advice of a Chief judge who is a family friend and she honestly advised i dropped it because in her opinion, the company might overide me and not pay if i sue, she also said most ppl have had similar cases and at the end NOPE, she said i might get compensated by a new crate of cocacola, i just laughed, well am hoping shes advising me based on (THE NAIJA FACTOR) and as a family friend.

Well all good, the journey has started, and am glad ma lawyer understands my stance on this and is willing to take this up, its a major step.

I appreciate your replies but pls what further advises do u suggest?

@violet, yeah thanks the lawyer has strated work but about the press, wud dat be a good approach? because we havent go the company's response yet, my plan wa sthat if they act in contrast, i will then invole d press and general public, u feel me? or wat chu think?

@agathmar, u found maggots n roaches and did what, nuffin?, dats gross,

@Mzbabs, oh dear seriously dats just the anger i feel, cos i know this hardly happens in the states, i mean this companies only care about making cash, they dont fxxkin care about us, imagine if i go to the comapny face to face to make an agreement, who knows they might seize d exhibit and seal me up, thanks

@anochie, yeah yeah thanks, no plans to show face, i just want justice, not hoping for millions but definately something more than a mere crate of coca-cola(DIABETES) wud fall out from this case,
Men check this out, what if i drank em?, i would be DEAD DEAD, seriously am in da medical field and i knw d hazards, this thing alreasy gats lotta spirogyra growth in em' already, jesus christ!!.

Please i have to go now, but follow up because at the end of the day if deres no light at then end of the tunnel, i might need you all to shine their ass in public.
Thanks.
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by tosinaded(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2009
i currently serve in Nigerian Bottling Company, Maiduguri Plant!!!!
if your claim is true, just visit the quality assurance manager of the closest plant to you!!!
but really i doudt if its a bracelet in the bottle undecided

its prob one of them tools used on the production line!!!!!
we stuffs here in the plant everyday, but such content shouldnt get out to the public, thats incompetence on the part of the Quality section of the plant that bottled it!!!

P.S
one secret again, if u open a bottle of coca-cola and the stuuf keeps bubbling from the bottom consistently after opening, please dont drink !!!!!
it simply shows that there are particles below the bottle!!!
and if u will drink at all, use a cup or sumtn so u can pour out some of the drink without pouring out the dirt below!!!!

no need to fear, this things happen everywhere, keep enjoying your  COCA-COLA, and live on the bright side of life
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by playahP(m): 10:58pm On Oct 22, 2009
THERE WAS A TIME I FOUND PARTICLES IN MY FANTA BOTTLE, IT WAS LIKE CATARRH MIXED WITH COB-WEBS, THE BAD THING WAS THAT I HAD ALREADY STARTED DRINKING IT BEFORE I DISCOVERED IT
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by esosa4real(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2013
jesus
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by esmeralda1(f): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
@esosa this thread is about 4 yrs old, so wot happened? wot did d coy do
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by vingi(f): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yea esosa wat happend eventually?
Re: This Is Real - A Bracelet Found In Cocal Cola Drink! by esosa4real(m): 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
hmmm....bros, i be don forget this thread na...lol
well back then i attempted to take the case up by first seeking counsel from a family friend who is a Chief Judge ......Well she condemned the act by ooca cola but honestly told me not to bother cos of the un necessary stress,cost and time bearing in mind i was a student then.......and that these fings dey happen wella and that the best i would get is sthng about "NEGLIGENCE" and cocacola would settle me wif a crate of cocacola highest....I LAFFED!

Still proceeded to get a Lawyer, dat one won chop money on top my head...Na IM I REST OOOOOO.........

LASTLY, my gingered friend who had time, took up the matter and went to coca cola office and dropped of a letter. They didn't reply or honor it then he got another lawyer, they honored the letter and invited both of them over.
They sha gave them N7k or so.....money we we spend all together on lawyer and calls and transport and report pass that one, so thank God i took advice.....

NAIJA I HAIL THEE....hiss

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Woman Check And Know If She's Fertile? / Five Days Fibroid Solution / Bad Acne Issues? Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.