Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,676 members, 7,908,760 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 11:44 AM

Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos? (1613 Views)

Symptoms Of Bad Or Failing Brake Pads / Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One / How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos? by ithink7: 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hi guys. I have been looking for silicone grease or brake grease almost everywhere they sell auto parts. If you know where I can get it, please share.
Thanks.
Re: Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos? by uwemjack(m): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2016
Why do you need silicon grease?
Re: Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos? by Piyke: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
uwemjack:
Why do you need silicon grease?

Silicone grease is usually recommended for rebuilding brake calipers, lubing caliper pins etc. If you use regular petroleum grease on the above, your caliper pin rubber boots will swell and deform with time. You will have binding brakes as the end product.
Re: Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos? by ithink7: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
Thanks Piyke

That’s exactly why I am looking for it. When I couldn’t get silicone grease, I tried the regular petroleum grease. The rubber boots swell up right there in my presence. As if that was not enough, after driving a couple of weeks, the breaks started sticking again. I realized the grease has been washed off. This is most likely due to the ponds of water all over our Nigerian roads and you know this is raining season. Silicone grease is recommended by Honda and it will solve that problem.

Piyke:

Silicone grease is usually recommended for rebuilding brake calipers, lubing caliper pins etc. If you use regular petroleum grease on the above, your caliper pin rubber boots will swell and deform with time. You will have binding brakes as the end product.
Re: Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos? by Piyke: 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
ithink7:
Thanks Piyke

That’s exactly why I am looking for it. When I couldn’t get silicone grease, I tried the regular petroleum grease. The rubber boots swell up right there in my presence. As if that was not enough, after driving a couple of weeks, the breaks started sticking again. I realized the grease has been washed off. This is most likely due to the ponds of water all over our Nigerian roads and you know this is raining season. Silicone grease is recommended by Honda and it will solve that problem.

My brother I got mine from abroad, after much futile search locally and after my caliper boots swole due to petroleum grease.
What I have in some commercial quantity is CV Joint grease containing molybdenum disulphide but this will not serve your purpose. Its recommended for bearings, CV joints etc

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos? by dicksonadams(m): 1:44am On Apr 02, 2021
Where can one find it, do you have it radautoworks?
Re: Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos? by radautoworks: 3:04am On Apr 02, 2021
dicksonadams:
Where can one find it, do you have it radautoworks?

Yes. I think they range from 5-10k

Weblink.carquest.com

Username Cust498
Password Password1

(1) (Reply)

Need Help In Choosing Between Honda Baby Boy And Mazda 626 2002 Model / Driving Etiquette (part 1) / Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.