Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,256 members, 7,880,970 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:09 AM

God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala (2863 Views)

Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala / Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
HomoSapiien:
so how do you expect Christianity to gain converts when there is no idea of HELL?

Christianity would have gain more if we told you only about heaven, but we cant do that. We are telling you about heaven and hell without minding that hell will scare you out.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
honourhim:

Even if you see it as wrong it doesnt change anything. The reality of heaven and hell is what all of us will face when we exit this world. Do i have dollar or pound to gain by telling you that heaven and hell are real? Nope.
OK, have fun with that
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
seunmsg:

That should be my concern and not yours.

Yea and i am not even compelling you to believe.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by HomoSapiien: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
MrDavidson:

You blame the mob because they don't have the legal right to punish him the way they are doing. But if a judge sentenced a thief to death by hanging or whatever way he deems fit, would you still blame the judge?

that depends on who the judge is and how he became a judge. How did God become a judge and who appointed him? Christians?
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
honourhim:

Christianity would have gain more if we told you only about heaven, but we cant do that. We are telling you about heaven and hell without minding that hell will scare you out.
The idea of hell has only scared people into the Church. It is quite effective than the promised bliss in heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by HomoSapiien: 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
honourhim:

Don't tell me this is actually true, or can you bare your supposition of gaining more without the concept of HELL?
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Ranchhoddas: 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
MrDavidson:

You blame the mob because they don't have the legal right to punish him the way they are doing. But if a judge sentenced a thief to death by hanging or whatever way he deems fit, would you still blame the judge?
I'd blame him because the punishment has to fit the crime.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

The idea of hell has only scared people into the Church. It is quite effective than the promised bliss in heaven.

Nope. There are denominations that don't believe in eternal torment and they have population. There are other religion that dont preach hell yet they have population.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by MrDavidson: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I'd blame him because the punishment has to fit the crime.

What criteria do you use to determine whether a judgement fits a crime or not? Do you know the hundreds of people armed robbers kill every year here in Nigeria alone?

God is a just Judge - that's why He draws long rope for sinners to repent and seem to turn blind eyes when mere men say grievous words against Him.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by MrDavidson: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
HomoSapiien:

that depends on who the judge is and how he became a judge. How did God become a judge and who appointed him? Christians?
It's just like a robber asking a victim, "Who gave you the right to lay claim of ownership to this car?"

1 Like

Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by HomoSapiien: 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
MrDavidson:

It's just like a robber asking a victim, "Who gave you the right to lay claim of ownership to this car?"

you are good at evading question. Keep it up.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Ranchhoddas: 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
MrDavidson:

What criteria do you use to determine whether a judgement fits a crime or not? Do you know the hundreds of people armed robbers kill every year here in Nigeria alone?

God is a just Judge - that's why He draws long rope for sinners to repent and seem to turn blind eyes when mere men say grievous words against Him.
In our society it's the constitution. As societies evolve, the laws are amended over and over again to meet up with prevailing realities.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
honourhim:

Nope. There are denominations that don't believe in eternal torment and they have population. There are other religion that dont preach hell yet they have population.

Of course, such is based on conviction and not because of threats of an eternal infernal confine. The people in such gatherings have seen a reason to believe without being blood curdled to follow Christ. But people who go to church for fear of hell have only proven that fear sometimes keep people at bay.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Peacefullove: 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
MrDavidson:
If Mr Femi thinks the parable of rich man and Lazarus shouldn't be taken literally, what does he think of the book of Revelation where it was clearly stated times without number, about the fact of the everlasting nature of Hell?

His opinion about the way and manner God chose to mete out judgement - cannot change the mind of God. God is not just a God of mercy and great love, He's also a God who is very concerned about justice. And because He created us in His image, we share that quality too.
A year or two ago, a US judge sentenced a rapist to 1000 years of imprisonment. That was how the judge was convinced justice could be clearly seen to be done.
Let's come home to Nigeria.... There's a probability that you have at least one time been disappointed on the slow pace of govt's pursuit of fighting corruption and then commented, "How many corrupt politicians have they jailed since all these brouhaha of fighting corruption?" You're so eager to see justice done, not because you derive any joy from people being jailed.
That's God's nature in you showing forth.

No matter how people castigate it, the Word of God say it so clearly and that's what every Christian should believe.

Jailed , not jungle justice . I wonder why none of you church mongers find it hard to burn your sons and daughters in fire if truly that's God nature ? Smh, Aftrall bible said become imitators of God ( Eph 5:1 )

Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Of course, such is based on conviction and not because of threats of an eternal infernal confine. The people in such gatherings have seen a reason to believe without being blood curdled to follow Christ. But people who go to church for fear of hell have only proven that fear sometimes keep people at bay.

I was just trying to show you that its not only hell fire that drives people into church as you earlier said. And here you ve admitted
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Peacefullove: 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
When phone thieves are lynched to death, we also blame the mob- Go figure.

Lol, this hypocrites will be the first to lament when people do jungle justice. Even the police frowns at such act ! But when they are told their god does so, they have no problem with it

1 Like

Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
honourhim:

I was just trying to show you that its not only hell fire that drives people into church as you earlier said. And here you ve admitted
Of course, hell fire doesn't drive morally convicted people to church but people who feel insecure often go to church for fear of hell. If you have also proven that hell fire doesn't indeed move people to church, then why teach such demeanor in the first place?

1 Like

Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by raphieMontella: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
honourhim:

How do you know the end of your days for you to believe and enter heaven? You just want to noise.
the thief on the cross....remember him?
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
raphieMontella:

the thief on the cross....remember him?

How many of the people you know who are dead told you the day they will die?
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Of course, hell fire doesn't drive morally convicted people to church but people who feel insecure often go to church for fear of hell. If you have also proven that hell fire doesn't indeed move people to church, then why teach such demeanor in the first place?

Why wont we preach it when Jesus preached it? We dont run Christianity on our sentiment. You preach as Jesus did. Those who want to believe can believe and those who dont want can reject. When they exit this world they will see how they have deceived themselves but it will be too late to amend.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
honourhim:

Why wont we preach it when Jesus preached it? We dont run Christianity on our sentiment. You preach as Jesus did. Those who want to believe can believe and those who dont want can reject. When they exit this world they will see how they have deceived themselves but it will be too late to amend.
And what makes you think Jesus actually taught such, or don't you know of additions and interpolations found in biblical manuscripts? The hell fire shenanigan was a later addition to sacred text and cannot be found in the oldest manuscripts of Matthew and Mark.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

And what makes you think Jesus actually taught such, or don't you know of additions and interpolations found in biblical manuscripts? The hell fire shenanigan was a later addition to sacred text and cannot be found in the oldest manuscripts of Matthew and Mark.

Bro leave that addition story abeg. Apart from the bible, people of different religions and cultures across the world (including atheists) who have had a revelation of hell have always given their lives to Jesus. Why will a muslim say he had a revelation of hell and give his life to Christ if what he saw wasnt real to him? Why will an atheist say it if he didnt see it? If these testimonies were coming from only christians then it would ve been a different case but when it cuts across people of other religion and cultures then you should know it isnt a lie.
I'm not even forcing you to believe. when you exit this world you will see for yourself. Nobody is an unbeliever in hell because they have seen that what they said wasnt existing actually exist and there is nothing they can do about it than face the eternal punishment.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
honourhim:

Bro leave that addition story abeg. Apart from the bible, people of different religions and cultures across the world (including atheists) who have had a revelation of hell have always given their lives to Jesus. Why will a muslim say he had a revelation of hell and give his life to Christ if what he saw wasnt real to him? Why will an atheist say it if he didnt see it? If these testimonies were coming from only christians then it would ve been a different case but when it cuts across people of other religion and cultures then you should know it isnt a lie.
I'm not even forcing you to believe. when you exit this world you will see for yourself. Nobody is an unbeliever in hell because they have seen that what they said wasnt existing actually exist and there is nothing they can do about it than face the eternal punishment.

You clearly cannot prove to me the existence of such place of dire torture without quoting the stupid claims of people going to hell and returning. Are you so childish? What makes you think I believe stories of people going to hell and returning and also giving contradictory descriptions of an eternal incinerator?

1 Like

Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

You clearly cannot prove to me the existence of such place of dire torture without quoting the stupid claims of people going to hell and returning. Are you so childish? What makes you think I believe stories of people going to hell and returning and also giving contradictory descriptions of an eternal incinerator?

I have told you that i am not here to force you to believe. Whether you believe or not doesnt add a penny to my bank account. You can continue with your unbelieve When you exit this world you prove it yourself.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Wilgrea7(m): 6:49am On Oct 03, 2016
honourhim:

I have told you that i am not here to force you to believe. Whether you believe or not doesnt add a penny to my bank account. You can continue with your unbelieve When you exit this world you prove it yourself.

Oga pls stop being biased and stubborn... I am a Christian but my problem with the ones that claim they are Christians is that they don't sit down and judge facts well.. Even the bible you claim so much never said hell was eternal... oga go sleep abeg.. instead of u to be preaching love you're scaring people with a place of eternal fire.. If the gift of God is eternal life and only the righteous get the gift then that how will people suffer in hell for all eternity

A man was good and upright throughout his whole life but just because of one lie he told by mistake he goes to hell for ever and ever and ever..... no end

Is it just??

I was as dogmatic as you before... but i thank God that he liberated me from the shackles of stupidity.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Wilgrea7(m): 6:57am On Oct 03, 2016
honourhim:

Ok so u want to base your proof of hell on Near Death Experiences (NDE)... ok . You have Google... research NDE's. you'll find out that most people who have such are people that are fundamentalist Christians.. I've seen stories of Muslims who claim such but became stronger in their faith.. Also 80% of near death experiences aren't about hell.. and many people who claim to have been taken to the underworld or where u will call hell claim there is no fire there

what of Christians who died and came back and said hell isn't real??

pls get ur facts well... google is your friend
smiley
honourhim:

Ok so u want to base your proof of hell on Near Death Experiences (NDE)... ok . You have Google... research NDE's. you'll find out that most people who have such are people that are fundamentalist Christians.. I've seen stories of Muslims who claim such but became stronger in their faith.. Also 80% of near death experiences aren't about hell.. and many people who claim to have been taken to the underworld or where u will call hell claim there is no fire there

Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 8:28am On Oct 03, 2016
Wilgrea7:

Oga pls stop being biased and stubborn... I am a Christian but my problem with the ones that claim they are Christians is that they don't sit down and judge facts well.. Even the bible you claim so much never said hell was eternal... oga go sleep abeg.. instead of u to be preaching love you're scaring people with a place of eternal fire.. If the gift of God is eternal life and only the righteous get the gift then that how will people suffer in hell for all eternity

A man was good and upright throughout his whole life but just because of one lie he told by mistake he goes to hell for ever and ever and ever..... no end

Is it just??

I was as dogmatic as you before... but i thank God that he liberated me from the shackles of stupidity.

Who cares whether you are a Christian or not? You can continue with your false teaching. At the end of the day you will be faced with the truth.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2016
Wilgrea7:

smiley

You are talking about google and i 'm telling you the ones i ve encountered personally. I am not forcing you to believe me. We all will exit the world and face the truth about heaven and hell. Argument can't change anything.
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Wilgrea7(m): 8:45am On Oct 03, 2016
honourhim:

You are talking about google and i 'm telling you the ones i ve encountered personally. I am not forcing you to believe me. We all will exit the world and face the truth about heaven and hell. Argument can't change anything.

oga encountered personally so ure saying the rest are false. then why are near death experiences contradictory??
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by Wilgrea7(m): 8:47am On Oct 03, 2016
honourhim:

Who cares whether you are a Christian or not? You can continue with your false teaching. At the end of the day you will be faced with the truth.

pls mr correct teaching state how my teaching is false and give proofs or else stop calling a black pen blue simply because u want it to be blue
Re: God Will Not Burn Anyone In A Fiery Hell For Eternity -femi Aribisala by honourhim: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
Wilgrea7:

pls mr correct teaching state how my teaching is false and give proofs or else stop calling a black pen blue simply because u want it to be blue
Wilgrea7:

oga encountered personally so ure saying the rest are false. then why are near death experiences contradictory??

Oga dont get yourself worked up. I am not here to convince you. When you exit this world then you can see which one is false or true.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Be Guided By The Bible? / Can Muslims Explain This. . / Are The Ten Commandments Really Necessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.