Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,221 members, 7,977,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 10:38 AM

‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi (13633 Views)

Femi Akinyemi Dumps PDP For APC In Ekiti / Senate Moves To Amend 1999 Constitution With 13 Bills.. / Akinyemi Agbede Running For U.S. Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Izonpikin: 5:46am On Oct 04, 2016
What is most annoying right now to me is how the sharing formula is actualized...by population, land mass etc...what rubbish...This has been the formula raping the Niger delta...This nation is just so shitttty. .... undecided

Just tale a look at sharing formula. ..The constitution was made to rape the Niger delta dry whilst other regions fold their hands and eat....

I hope everybody now can see why there has to be a restructuring...

Not even buhari can save...The governors would take him to court to release saved monies...
Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Izonpikin: 5:50am On Oct 04, 2016
Sheggy13:

Stop turning facts in its head mister. NOI wasn't referring to the constitution with that statement. She was categorical. She said she served under two regimes (OBJ and GEJ) and said under one, there was a political will to save and under the other, that will was absent. We all know which regime saved and which one didn't. Thankfully,both regimes operated with the same 1999 constitution. So what other twist will you come up with? If you want, I can furnish you with links to that publication. Whichever way you look at it, GEJ was a total disaster, though he had few props in way of reorganizing INEC and upholding the rule of law to an extent. Asides that, he was a mistake of a leader especially in a period of boom which we experienced between 2011-2014.
PS: If you are gonna come up with the excuse of governors didn't allow him save, like governors never existed during OBJ time. Do you know the FG takes the lion share of any allocation done? Pray tell, why couldn't the Jonathan-led FG save their own portion after giving the states theirs? There was global recession in 2008. Even top economies like the UK and USA were affected. Nigeria was immune from that owing to the strong will of OBJ who was able to jealously guide the future of his country and not spray dollars about like the buffoon did in the last election. Someone who as governor of a small state like Bayelsa couldn't do anything enviable was brought to rule a complex entity like Nigeria. It's a pity.
I hope obasanjos 16billion dollars for power is part of the money he saved??... undecided

What you should be after right now is for a restructuring of our constitution to ensure presidents are under duress to save and that governors can't take them to court for doing that... undecided

Instead of throwing blames at who didn't save more let us restructure this goddamn nation...Just take a look at features for the sharing of the Niger delta wealth in the constitution...by land mass,population density and some other shiiiiit...Niger delta raped from time immemorial... angry
Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by just2endowed: 6:12am On Oct 04, 2016
You guys are economical with the truth. When like was selling at 100$ per barrel, how much was the oil marketers collecting as subsidy? Over 1.5 trillion.

When gej decided to end subsidy, I look into it and supported it but the gullible youth fall for the mouth twisting of the opposition to continue subsidy.

Who won? Oil marketers and the opposition
Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Sheggy13(m): 6:31am On Oct 04, 2016
Izonpikin:
I hope obasanjos 16billion dollars for power is part of the money he saved??... undecided

What you should be after right now is for a restructuring of our constitution to ensure presidents are under duress to save and that governors can't take them to court for doing that... undecided

Instead of throwing blames at who didn't save more let us restructure this goddamn nation...Just take a look at features for the sharing of the Niger delta wealth in the constitution...by land mass,population density and some other shiiiiit...Niger delta raped from time immemorial... angry
Okonjo-Iweala who's more knowledgeable than you and directly involved in both administrations affirmed that OBJ saved which was what saved us from the 2008 global recession and you are here talking about money spent on power? You mean a government has to be put under duress to do what is right? I asked, what happened with saving the FG share of this excess crude which was the biggest chunk, compared to that of the states. While I agree to restructuring, saying we should shut up and not put blames at the door steps of those culpable in getting us where we are today is where you're wrong. OBJ had his own faults, part of which you've highlighted-Power. What kills us in this country is the idea that because you're supporting someone, he can do wrong and cannot be blamed and that is same mistake people are making with Buhari now.
You're talking about Niger Delta being raped. The major problem there is more of bad and insincere leadership. Can you give me a justification for why states like Edo and Anambra with bigger civil service and population and about half of the allocation of Bayelsa can pay worker's salaries till date while teachers in Bayelsa are on strike owing to a backlog of 7 months salary?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by cyrilamx(m): 6:43am On Oct 04, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

link to $74 in ,2014 when warning was issued plz wink
you want proof, plz click on these links and see how Gej destroyed our economy...they akready borrowing wen oil slipped below 79 dollar per barrel budget benchmark. Saudi Arabia that has a foreign reserve of more than 100 billion dollars and population of 20 million people started cutting down civil Servants salaries..
At less than 40 dollar per barrel buhari is still navigating Nigeria economy, paying salaries..plz let give honour to whom honour is due. So see the links u asked for.

Brace for tougher times ahead, Okonjo-Iweala tells Nigerians - Premium Times Nigeria http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

Broken, Looted Economy: Get Ready For Suffering - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Tells Nigerians - NewsRescue.com http://newsrescue.com/broken-looted-economy-get-ready-suffering-ngozi-iweala-tells-nigerians/#axzz4KBRwvf4o

Economic recession: Prepare for hardship, experts warn | newsheralddotme https://newsheralddotme./2014/11/24/economic-recession-prepare-for-hardship-experts-warn/

I think these will suffice...if you want more warnings, I will post. If u are objective enough, you will agree with me that corruption coupled with looting of our common resources by insignificant few who cut across ethnic, religious, gender and political divide, are reasons we suffering as a nation.

1 Like

Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Izonpikin: 6:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Sheggy13:

Okonjo-Iweala who's more knowledgeable than you and directly involved in both administrations affirmed that OBJ saved which was what saved us from the 2008 global recession and you are here talking about money spent on power? You mean a government has to be put under duress to do what is right? I asked, what happened with saving the FG share of this excess crude which was the biggest chunk, compared to that of the states. While I agree to restructuring, saying we should shut up and not put blames at the door steps of those culpable in getting us where we are today is where you're wrong. OBJ had his own faults, part of which you've highlighted-Power. What kills us in this country is the idea that because you're supporting someone, he can do wrong and cannot be blamed and that is same mistake people are making with Buhari now.
You're talking about Niger Delta being raped. The major problem there is more of bad and insincere leadership. Can you give me a justification for why states like Edo and Anambra with bigger civil service and population and about half of the allocation of Bayelsa can pay worker's salaries till date while teachers in Bayelsa are on strike owing to a backlog of 7 months salary?
has all your ramblings changed the fact that we need a restructuring??...

You talked about people supporting someone and I think you're doing same...elevating obj and faulting gej. ..

This is not a time for blame games...its a time for restructuring...

And yes the Niger delta has been raped all along...

Bayes state has enough money ...The governor is the problem...He is a greedy ugly thieving fool...
Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2016
zaboy:

OBJ did save...up to 22 or 24bn dollars i think (though Governors tried to stop him, but he overpowered them somehow). That was what we used when oil prices crashed in 2008/2009, hence, we didn't feel any recession.
I think he was referring to GEJ, he caved in when governors demanded that ECA be shared. Like i said, what was done with the money? bith at state and federal level?
Sheggy13:

Stop turning facts in its head mister. NOI wasn't referring to the constitution with that statement. She was categorical. She said she served under two regimes (OBJ and GEJ) and said under one, there was a political will to save and under the other, that will was absent. We all know which regime saved and which one didn't. Thankfully,both regimes operated with the same 1999 constitution. So what other twist will you come up with? If you want, I can furnish you with links to that publication. Whichever way you look at it, GEJ was a total disaster, though he had few props in way of reorganizing INEC and upholding the rule of law to an extent. Asides that, he was a mistake of a leader especially in a period of boom which we experienced between 2011-2014.
PS: If you are gonna come up with the excuse of governors didn't allow him save, like governors never existed during OBJ time. Do you know the FG takes the lion share of any allocation done? Pray tell, why couldn't the Jonathan-led FG save their own portion after giving the states theirs? There was global recession in 2008. Even top economies like the UK and USA were affected. Nigeria was immune from that owing to the strong will of OBJ who was able to jealously guide the future of his country and not spray dollars about like the buffoon did in the last election. Someone who as governor of a small state like Bayelsa couldn't do anything enviable was brought to rule a complex entity like Nigeria. It's a pity.

Oil price started plummeting in GEJ's administrations, so that connotes a reduction in govt revenue and a “rainy day”, so in order to keep up govt's social and economic services they had to use part of the funds in ECA and others to keep the economy in a good shape. https://ycharts.com/indicators/average_crude_oil_spot_price?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2873473881

But the fact that GEJ really had the intention of saving can not be refuted, at least that prompted major oppositions against it. And the palpable fact that about $2billion was still bequeathed to Buhari's govt in the ECA and $2.5billion in SWF is inconfutable.

Buhari's government is never up to par with the former administration of Jonathan, how much are they spending on Subsidy despite technical removal due to the eternal rise of the dollar? What infrastructure has been put in place since coming to power? How much is our Excess Crude Account considering that oil price has been selling at $50 per barrel, $12 more than the benchmark of $38? How much is our Foreign Reserve?

It is a pity that the super clueless certificateless cattle rearer was voted in after he plunged Nigeria in recession in 1983.
Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 04, 2016
cyrilamx:
you want proof, plz click on these links and see how Gej destroyed our economy...they akready borrowing wen oil slipped below 79 dollar per barrel budget benchmark. Saudi Arabia that has a foreign reserve of more than 100 billion dollars and population of 20 million people started cutting down civil Servants salaries..
At less than 40 dollar per barrel buhari is still navigating Nigeria economy, paying salaries..plz let give honour to whom honour is due. So see the links u asked for.

Brace for tougher times ahead, Okonjo-Iweala tells Nigerians - Premium Times Nigeria http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

Broken, Looted Economy: Get Ready For Suffering - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Tells Nigerians - NewsRescue.com http://newsrescue.com/broken-looted-economy-get-ready-suffering-ngozi-iweala-tells-nigerians/#axzz4KBRwvf4o

Economic recession: Prepare for hardship, experts warn | newsheralddotme https://newsheralddotme./2014/11/24/economic-recession-prepare-for-hardship-experts-warn/

I think these will suffice...if you want more warnings, I will post. If u are objective enough, you will agree with me that corruption coupled with looting of our common resources by insignificant few who cut across ethnic, religious, gender and political divide, are reasons we suffering as a nation.
Your minister said it herself that Nigeria in currently worst possible times, despite oil price undulating between $45-$50pb and the benchmark at $38. She is still borrowing to pay salaries and to finance capital projects. http://punchng.com/nigeria-worst-possible-time-finance-minister-nbs-confirms-economy-recession/

https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-has-no-other-option-but-to-borrow-says-adeosun?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7940588698

For your information: Buhari’s 1 Year + In Office.

Buhari was handed over:
– $30billion in our Foreign Reserves,
– $2.5billion Sovereign Wealth Fund,
– $1.4billion in the ECA,
– $4.65b back taxes from NLNG.
– Buhari met an approved budget of N4.5trillion

Buhari received within a year:
– $2.7billion collected by Inland Revenue in his first 8 months.
– $2.1billion world bank loan.
– $850million Grants from UK, USA and Europe.
– 1.5trn saved from fuel subsidy removal
– Excluding crude oil sales, Joint Venture profits, Royalties, Income from Customs, NIMMSA, NPA, NACHO ……
– 3trilion on STA
not to include the “recovered” looted funds.

More than a year has passed:
1] Not a kilometer of road constructed,
2] Not a watt of Electricity generated,
3] Not a Ward added to any Hospital in Nigeria.
4] Not a job space created, except the CBN job he shared with his cronies.
5] Not a grain of corn or tomato seed was provided to farmers. [Fertilizer subsidy taken away and handed back to ex-military men] 6] 41 foreign companies mostly in service industry have left Nigeria
7] 4.3 Million jobs lost in 10months – National Bureau of Statistics.
8] Food scarcity last experienced in Nigeria between 1983 to 1985 returned back.
9] War on Corruption turned into war against his perceived enemies. Convictions by EFCC were cases meticulously started by previous govt(s). Buhari wins cases only on the pages of Newspapers.
10] Nigeria dropped from No.1 Investment destination in Africa to No.27 before South Sudan.
11] African Biggest economy shrink from a GDP of about 7% to -0.36%, the fastest decline in the world since record began.
12] No.3 fastest growing economy in the world to No.83 in 365days.

And I wonder why the president keeps giving the impression that the country is broke. The problem is not lack of funds, but lack of qualified individuals in the govt.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Deepfreezer(m): 7:27am On Oct 04, 2016
solace2013:
Prof Bolaji Akinyemi is becoming old and I think senility is setting in gradually. Under this same 1999 constitution, OBJ saved up to $67billion in our reserve and ECA, Late President Yar'adua also saved little. No one blamed them for saving, they weren't jailed for flouting the constitution. GEJ came, oil sold for more than $100/barrel for 4 out of his over 5 years in the saddle, he didn't save. One old man is helping hi to adduce reason for his failure to save, blaming the constitution. Yes the constitution didn't allow him to save but it allowed him to waste his earnings for 5 years and like a marauder, plundered our reserves on his devilish 2nd term agenda, shame on GEJ and all of you that are supporting his Squandermaniac administration.
if you like cry blood, GEJ has ruled this nigeria stepped down peacefully and is enjoying life/money with his family and there is nothing you or any other person can do about it.
Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:03am On Oct 04, 2016
cyrilamx:

Thanks so much @blueto for the apt response...

1) From what you dropped, where's the proof of destruction? Is it that crude was selling below budget benchmark and an alarm was raised? Isn't it a sign of proactive government who saw the signs of gloom and raised alarm for all to sit up? Or you wanted them to be reactive like Buhari who waited till investors had run away from Nigeria and economy brutally destroyed before removing his mechanical hedge on forex?

2) What's correlation between your rant and Saudi Arabia story now? Or you just wanna sound intelligent to your own ears? Are you per chance insinuating Jonathan should have cut down civil servants salaries too?...He was intelligent and smart enough to shift burden of crude price fall to the rich with their luxurious lifestyle and ostentatious living by means of his austerity measures; but Buhari brought on all especially the poor masses...

3)Crude price has being somewhat above $40 and is even above $50 dollars now...with Buhari borrowing over 2.2trillion which NOBODY can explain how And what it was used for including Minister of Finance...and a supposed human being is telling me that buhari is navigating economy ..smh

4) Budget benchmark for 2016 is about $38 and crude is selling way above that...so kindly tell me how much Buhari has SAVED and what is in our reserve now cheesy Am waiting...

5)If Jonathan destroyed Nigeria's economy by such awesome policies like YOUWIN, PRESSID, E-,wallet, Auto policy , etc which were HIGHLY successful and it's drivers globally acclaimed then and now... Kindly drop here for us the current economic blueprint of Buhari with which he's navigating the economy cheesygrin according to you ...Name a single positive policy formulation of Buhari's administration almost 2years in office....am waiting

6) Jonathan borrowed to pay ONLY April 2014 salary when 2014 budget wasn't yet appropriated but NEVER borrowed to pay from May 2014 onwards ...FACT# ...so why the lie? What did buhari use 2.2trilliom for? No capital project of his own having exhausted almost two years budget...NOT a single road constructed in 2years of governance and he's navigating economy according to you cheesy grin Name a single project Buhari has initiated in 2years of leadership

7) Anambra state PROVED that states ought to save and stay afloat in times like this...what happened to 99% of APC states who NEVER saved but swimming in debts, some like Osun even to the next 35years notwithstanding inability to pay salaries by them... Jonathan saved something notwithstanding efforts by APC governors to STOP him from SAVING; and handed over some little savings to Buhari from ECA, SWF etc What has Buhari added to these funds ... Remember, Buhari is NOT paying Subsidy for any product

cool Corruption is NOW celebrated under Buhari with executive rascality... Corruption ranging from employment behind closed doors of Buhari's kids and friends into choice MDAs ...to CBN turning into microfinance bank of his cronies and churning out billionaires at detriment of economy...to borrowing over 2.2trillion which even finance minister doesn't know it's usage ... to judges now issuing highly conflicting judgements depending on executive needs, ...to INEC contesting in elections now as umpire and candidate...to DSS becoming executive attack dog...and others too NUMEROUS to mention

ONLY a BIGOT and INSANE human being will celebrate what is happening to Nigeria economy presently without qualms of conscience...when parents exchange kids for bag of rice and pots of soup are policed daily to avoid stories that touch wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by HonabFaj(m): 10:05am On Oct 04, 2016
Who wrote the constitution or the book wrirte itself or some people gave it to us to follow
Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Splashme: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2016
NgcoboP:
sensible
Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by khSteel: 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
cyrilamx:
Did these "crooks" for that what they are also prevent Gej led federal government not to save it's own 50 percent share after the States have collected theirs? NOI already subtly accused Gej of lacking political will to save. Not minding his simplistic outlook, Gej was a disaster as president. At 78 per barrel Gej and NOI already warned Nigerians in 2014, to brace up for austerity and followed suit borrowing to pay salaries.

The warning was IF Nigeria does not stop paying subsidy on petroleum products. and they were right.

The higher the oil prices, the higher the subsidy payouts.

The Civil Service connived with marketers to defraud FG of huge monies, and GEJ/NOI saw the danger ahead and wanted to remove the subsidy so that there will be plenty money for more infrastructural developments but some hateful myopic clowns antagonized the best intentions of GEJ administration; only to come out years later to talk bubuyaya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Thanks so much @Bluet o for the apt response...

1) From what you dropped, where's the proof of destruction? Is it that crude was selling below budget benchmark and an alarm was raised? Isn't it a sign of proactive government who saw the signs of gloom and raised alarm for all to sit up? Or you wanted them to be reactive like Buhari who waited till investors had run away from Nigeria and economy brutally destroyed before removing his mechanical hedge on forex?

2) What's correlation between your rant and Saudi Arabia story now? Or you just wanna sound intelligent to your own ears? Are you per chance insinuating Jonathan should have cut down civil servants salaries too?...He was intelligent and smart enough to shift burden of crude price fall to the rich with their luxurious lifestyle and ostentatious living by means of his austerity measures; but Buhari brought on all especially the poor masses...

3)Crude price has being somewhat above $40 and is even above $50 dollars now...with Buhari borrowing over 2.2trillion which NOBODY can explain how And what it was used for including Minister of Finance...and a supposed human being is telling me that buhari is navigating economy ..smh

4) Budget benchmark for 2016 is about $38 and crude is selling way above that...so kindly tell me how much Buhari has SAVED and what is in our reserve now cheesy Am waiting...

5)If Jonathan destroyed Nigeria's economy by such awesome policies like YOUWIN, PRESSID, E-,wallet, Auto policy , etc which were HIGHLY successful and it's drivers globally acclaimed then and now... Kindly drop here for us the current economic blueprint of Buhari with which he's navigating the economy cheesygrin according to you ...Name a single positive policy formulation of Buhari's administration almost 2years in office....am waiting

6) Jonathan borrowed to pay ONLY April 2014 salary when 2014 budget wasn't yet appropriated but NEVER borrowed to pay from May 2014 onwards ...FACT# ...so why the lie? What did buhari use 2.2trilliom for? No capital project of his own having exhausted almost two years budget...NOT a single road constructed in 2years of governance and he's navigating economy according to you cheesy grin Name a single project Buhari has initiated in 2years of leadership

7) Anambra state PROVED that states ought to save and stay afloat in times like this...what happened to 99% of APC states who NEVER saved but swimming in debts, some like Osun even to the next 35years notwithstanding inability to pay salaries by them... Jonathan saved something notwithstanding efforts by APC governors to STOP him from SAVING; and handed over some little savings to Buhari from ECA, SWF etc What has Buhari added to these funds ... Remember, Buhari is NOT paying Subsidy for any product

cool Corruption is NOW celebrated under Buhari with executive rascality... Corruption ranging from employment behind closed doors of Buhari's kids and friends into choice MDAs ...to CBN turning into microfinance bank of his cronies and churning out billionaires at detriment of economy...to borrowing over 2.2trillion which even finance minister doesn't know it's usage ... to judges now issuing highly conflicting judgements depending on executive needs, ...to INEC contesting in elections now as umpire and candidate...to DSS becoming executive attack dog...and others too NUMEROUS to mention

ONLY a BIGOT and INSANE human being will celebrate what is happening to Nigeria economy presently without qualms of conscience...when parents exchange kids for bag of rice and pots of soup are policed daily to avoid stories that touch wink
Thanks Man, You points were very good! Now where have those Zombies gone to?? grin.
Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by cyrilamx(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
My bone of contention is what prevented the FG under Gej to save it own share? The governors irrespective of party affiliation united to demand their share and squandered it. Why didn't FG save? It is o record that Gej admn made 51 trillion naira from sale of crude oil in his 5yrs as president when oil sold at its highest. Let keep sentiments aside we foot soldiers ar ar one suffering it. Rember NOI accused him of lacking political will to save. He wasn't firm enough.
khSteel:

The warning was IF Nigeria does not stop paying subsidy on petroleum products. and they were right.

The higher the oil prices, the higher the subsidy payouts.

The Civil Service connived with marketers to defraud FG of huge monies, and GEJ/NOI saw the danger ahead and wanted to remove the subsidy so that there will be plenty money for more infrastructural developments but some hateful myopic clowns antagonized the best intentions of GEJ administration; only to come out years later to talk bubuyaya.

Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by khSteel: 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
cyrilamx:
My bone of contention is what prevented the FG under Gej to save it own share? The governors irrespective of party affiliation united to demand their share and squandered it. Why didn't FG save? It is o record that Gej admn made 51 trillion naira from sale of crude oil in his 5yrs as president when oil sold at its highest. Let keep sentiments aside we foot soldiers ar ar one suffering it. Rember NOI accused him of lacking political will to save. He wasn't firm enough.

You still don't get it.

Try make your research and find out how much was paid as subsidy within the last 5 years?

some people in DPR/PPPRA/NNPC and co colluded with marketers to defraud the FG through the subsidy payment.

among all the billions of dollars paid as subsidy payments, none of those monies came from any of the state government; the FG paid those monies 100%.

Also, find out how much was paid to NEPA/PHCN staffs as severance package before FG could privatize NEPA/PHCN, none of the states contributed N1 for that transaction.

You are yet to provide evidence on this N51 trillion claim, kindly do the needful.

Please, keep sentiments aside and debate with facts. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by cyrilamx(m): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
Did Obj not pay subsidy claim? But could still save. Guy stop defending Gej. He failed indeed. What about the dasuki cash free for all that he authorised? And our soldiers lives were mortgage? Whether Apc or PDP, it high time we stopped defending these evil men/women. If we can lynch petty thieves why take a bullet for those who brought miseries to us?

In all honesty, Gej led FG was a cesspool of monumental waste. Agreed there is no where corrupt officials are wanting, but Gej looked the other way why our treasury became free for all...he even encouraged them by that his infamous remark: "stealing is not corruption" and "how much did Nwobodo stole, money not up to Peugeot car and Buhari jailed him"? These were unfortunate comments. These are the revenue from oil each admn earned since 1958.

Under Jonathan, Nigeria earned N51trillion from crude oil - Vanguard News http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/jonathan-nigeria-earned-n51trillion-crude-oil/

Nigeria earned N51trillion from crude oil under Jonathan http://energymixreport.com/nigeria-earned-n51trillion-crude-oil-jonathan/?doing_wp_cron=1471685957.7614340782165527343750

If Obj could save $42b when oil was btw 22-$38 per barrel yaradua left the highest foreign reserve in the history of nigeria $63b after his death and crude oil was between rangeof 45 -$80 per barrel gej complete yaradua tenures and his first term supervising oil boom range between 100-$120 not until. December 3 months to 2015 election oil price begin to crash in the market.
He didn't increase our foreign Reserve instead it reduced below $38b. what about the billion of dollars from Non oil revenue where did it go to.??from what flimzy excuse do u have again.?

If Gej started borrowing to pay salary when oil was at $74 per barrel what will Happen to Nigeria now that barrel of oil fluctuates between $28 to $40
khSteel:

You still don't get it.

Try make your research and find out how much was paid as subsidy within the last 5 years?

some people in DPR/PPPRA/NNPC and co colluded with marketers to defraud the FG through the subsidy payment.

among all the billions of dollars paid as subsidy payments, none of those monies came from any of the state government; the FG paid those monies 100%.

Also, find out how much was paid to NEPA/PHCN staffs as severance package before FG could privatize NEPA/PHCN, none of the states contributed N1 for that transaction.

You are yet to provide evidence on this N51 trillion claim, kindly do the needful.

Please, keep sentiments aside and debate with facts. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: ‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi by khSteel: 7:02am On Oct 05, 2016
cyrilamx:
Did Obj not pay subsidy claim? But could still save. Guy stop defending Gej. He failed indeed. What about the dasuki cash free for all that he authorised? And our soldiers lives were mortgage? Whether Apc or PDP, it high time we stopped defending these evil men/women. If we can lynch petty thieves why take a bullet for those who brought miseries to us?

First, Dasuki cash flowing was a way PDP used government funds to fund it presidential campaign; can APC publish its campaign funding transactions?

OBJ paid subsidy in the early days, years later, our Civil Service figured a way round it and then connived with marketers to do round-tripping while at the same time providing all legitimate documentations that made it impossible for government not to pay up.

Buhari before and after elections, kept on saying he wouldn't remove the subsidy, yet he later did, what do u think influenced that decision?

Till tomorrow there's still plenty fraud in our civil service, the current buhahaha about budget padding is a case in point.

GEJ/NOI didn't pay over 50k Nigerians & over 60k pensioner and no one took them to court; do u know how much was saved in not paying those ghost workers? Do you honestly think it was 'Ghost' collecting those monies? Kemi Adeosun has made her on cost savings in not paying more ghost workers, how many more do you think are still in the system? And where are they in the system? Just know that the Nigeria Civil Service is a serious drain pipe on FG's funds and its needs to be streamlined. When a govt decides to do something about it, its ur responsibility to support it.

I only called you out cause you made assertions based on limited information. Try get a comprehensive views before stating your limited opinions as facts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun Assembly Rejects Defection Letters Of Biyi Adeleye, Harrison Adeyemi To PDP / Group Set To Host FULANI Peace Summit To Review Herdsmen Crisis With Farmers / Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.