Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,531 members, 7,951,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

Rebounder Vs. Reboundee - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rebounder Vs. Reboundee (1342 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by r231(m): 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2009
Come on, admit it, some of us have used another person as a rebound when our previous relationship has gone awry. I'll admit I have, not for sex, not to date, but to just talk to someone and get my mind off of the other girl. It worked for me.

Today I was asked out on a date for next weekend by a girl whose fiancée broke off their engagement, 3 days ago.

I said no. Maybe a few months down the road when she's had time to emotionally recover (I hate drama, ), I'll consider it.

The situation is done with, I'm not really looking for advice, I'm just wondering how you guys feel about being on the receiving end of a rebound? Any stories?
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by iice(f): 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2009
Sorry! Never used anyone for a rebound cool
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by Shola2009(m): 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
iice are u sureeeee?? grin
me neither
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by iice(f): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2009
Shola2009:

iice are u sureeeee?? grin
me neither

No i'm not sure. I dont know my own mind.
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
iice:

Sorry! Never used anyone for a rebound cool

I think its something we all do undecided undecided

r231:

Come on, admit it, some of us have used another person as a rebound when our previous relationship has gone awry. I'll admit I have, not for sex, not to date, but to just talk to someone and get my mind off of the other girl. It worked for me.

Today I was asked out on a date for next weekend by a girl whose fiancée broke off their engagement, 3 days ago.

I said no. Maybe a few months down the road when she's had time to emotionally recover (I hate drama, ), I'll consider it.

The situation is done with, I'm not really looking for advice, I'm just wondering how you guys feel about being on the receiving end of a rebound? Any stories?

Tot you had a GF! What are you doing with a rebounder undecided
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by 190: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2009
platimunk --- rebounder~
ebony tree--- reboundee~

(single and still searchin for)---true love~
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by r231(m): 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2009
r231:

@ujujoan
didn't you read dat part lol
how are u, where hv u been
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by ebinom(f): 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2009
if you want to use another woman as a rebound then why don't you also want a woman to use you as her rebound when the situation arises? gosh you're so selfish,you just want to take and not give. btw, everyone does or has done rebounds but they just won't admit to it angry
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2009
r231:

@ujujoan
didn't you read dat part lol
how are u, where hv u been

I know you sd u werent lookin for advise, but u also hinted dat a you'd consider to date her later when she' not using u as a rebounder. SO I'm wondering, what's gonna happen to your girl then?

I've bin fine oh . . just been real busy for you 'earthlings' LOL cheesy
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by tosyne007(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
Well, i'm not sure i got ur drift abt the rebounder and the reboundee but if u mean using someone to get back on ur feet, then most of us here must hav done that one time or the other.

There are times that things happen in our lives and we need a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. By doing that, we feel better and we find the courage to bounce back.

Like someone said, if u could use someone to bounce back when u were down, i see no reason why u shouldnt give a helping hand to ur friend (the lady who asked u out for a date) or maybe u are SELFISH in the real sense.

iice:

No i'm not sure. I dont know my own mind.

most times, u are kinda harsh and sarcastic in ur replies. maybe u need to work more on ur sense of humor. aren't u one of the moderators? u should be more accomodating and friendly i blv.
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by galatico(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2009
Not me
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by r231(m): 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2009
tosyne007:

Well, i'm not sure i got your drift abt the rebounder and the reboundee but if u mean using someone to get back on your feet, then most of us here must hav done that one time or the other.

There are times that things happen in our lives and we need a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. By doing that, we feel better and we find the courage to bounce back.

Like someone said, if u could use someone to bounce back when u were down, i see no reason why u shouldnt give a helping hand to your friend (the lady who asked u out for a date) or maybe u are SELFISH in the real sense.

most times, u are kinda harsh and sarcastic in your replies. maybe u need to work more on your sense of humor. aren't u one of the moderators? u should be more accomodating and friendly i blv.

well I am getting married in less than 5mnths so it won't be a good idea where should i tell ma woman dat i am going
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by iice(f): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
Ujujoan:

I think its something we all do  undecided  undecided

Not everybody.  I know people who have only dated two people with a break of 5yrs in between. It's called time to heal and improve thyself not looking to jump into one relationship after another.

tosyne007:

most times, u are kinda harsh and sarcastic in your replies. maybe u need to work more on your sense of humor. aren't u one of the moderators? u should be more accomodating and friendly i blv.

I'm guessing you understand my sense of humor.
Didn't know i had to change myself because i am a mod lol. 
Re: Rebounder Vs. Reboundee by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2009
r231:

well I am getting married in less than 5mnths so it won't be a good idea where should i tell ma woman dat i am going

Hmmmn. Surprise surprise!!

(1) (Reply)

Your Girl Friend Or Boy Friend Changes His/her Status From 'in Relationship To Single' on facebook.. / ¡profile Pics Of Nairaland Girls! / Can You Bath Together With Your Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.