Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,359 members, 7,881,317 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:31 PM

Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS (44133 Views)

"Fresh PDP, PDP First": Photo Of The New Factional PDP Secretariat In Asokoro / Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja / Efcc Stormed My Street In Asokoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by undisputedgbola(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
soberdrunk:
Before you all start all the unnecessary bashing of Nigeria, "diplomats" are 'untouchable' in every country and some of them tend to abuse this power so its not particular to only Nigeria so you all should look for another way to vent........... angry angry
Few people know this.
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by yomalex(m): 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
He has every right to say that bcus our so called President and his ministers don't also abide by d law....they are the ones that create the laws yet they don't abide by it.
The ONLY reason he could say that is because he carries diplomatic immunity and nothing else
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
yomalex:
The ONLY reason he could say that is because he carries diplomatic immunity and nothing else
Oga this is a lawless country....if u were in his show even without d diplomatic kinikon,u will do same
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
ibietela2:

Mtcheeeeeeew you are going too high COMMON police man doesn't obey
Hehehehehe grin abi?

1 Like

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by undisputedgbola(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
How did this Emmanuel heard what the man said sef?? #justasking
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
nobeku:
SHUT UP!
Shut down! Truth is bitter..stop deceiving urself,our law makers disobey d law on a daily basis
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by Kgdavid(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
soberdrunk:
Before you all start all the unnecessary bashing of Nigeria, "diplomats" are 'untouchable' in every country and some of them tend to abuse this power so its not particular to only Nigeria so you all should look for another way to vent........... angry angry

Contrary to what you think, he can be touched. The government can ask his country to remove him from the country within 24 hours and they must comply.

3 Likes

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
Bollinger:

You comment is incomplete. EVERYONE in Nigeria does not obey the law.
U r very correct, yet we expect foreigners to obey the law

1 Like

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by d33types: 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
abfalkolly:

While I agree with everybody's view of immunity for being a diplomat,I want us to realise that his immunity can be waived by his country while Nigeria as a nation can expel him from d country. That’s what Britain did in with Anil Verma — a high ranking Indian diplomat in London who was accused of brutally assaulting his wife on multiple occasions.God bless Nigeria.
Exactly my point..he's not completely above the law
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by Kgdavid(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
undisputedgbola:

Few people know this.

They are not as untouchable as you think. If the Nigerian government asks his home government to remove him from the country, they must do so sharply.

2 Likes

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by Ghost447(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
chriskosherbal:
We need a real working law in this country. No disrespect.
Enforcement of the law is our problem, even the best law cannot enforced itself.
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by MrHenshaw: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
dainformant:
Foreign Diplomat Allegedly Said This After Breaking Traffic Rules In Abuja. PICS

A foreigner who reportedly nearly caused an accident after faulting traffic rules at Powerhouse Junction, Asokoro, Abuja, -allegedly showed no remorse even after he was accosted by traffic wardens. Judging from his car's plate number, he might be a diplomat.

Read below what was shared by Emmanuel Ogbeche, few minutes ago.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/10/foreign-diplomat-allegedly-did-this.html

Oya Lai Mohammed use am test "Change begin with me" Mantra.
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by omonnakoda: 4:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
prince0:
As a graduate of International Studies and Diplomacy from the Great UNIBEN, I have the authority to tell everyone that the diplomat cannot be prosecuted in Nigeria. He has immunity, our diplomat can do same even in the USA and nothing will happen. The immunity that the guy enjoya is derived from the president of the sending country, in this case his president.

I don't want to go into details but the bottom line is that the Traffic Warden was not properly trained about diplomatic practices in his police training hence we was wasting his time with him. There is nothing our government can do about it. As a matter of international practice, diplomats' bags, residents and domestic staff are immuned, they don't pay tax too. There is another one known as Privileges aside the immunity they enjoy.

That is all I can say for now for the purpose of education so that some of should not be fooling ourselves with certain comments.

Close your mouth!! Who asked you your biography. No one needs a university degree to understand diplomatic immunity never mind whatever it is you are claiming you are.Assuming indeed he is a diplomat and has diplomatic immunity(Not all embassy staff do) The fact is the Nigerian Government can ask him to leave the country if they find his presence unacceptable. They can give him 48 hours to leave and if he is still here he will find himself in court. He has no right to be in Nigeria ,it is a privilege

1 Like

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by Rockyrascal(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
lonelydora:
Let's create a hashtag and get him cautioned for insulting our president. He's a diplomat and he has immunity.
in this recession period,you have time o
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by seenter84: 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
White monkey. E don take cocaine all him head don turn down up

1 Like

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by lazinny(m): 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
He is actually kinda true. Diplomatic immunity

1 Like

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by Colar234: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
omonnakoda:

Close your mouth!! Who asked you your biography. No one needs a university degree to understand diplomatic immunity never mind whatever it is you are claiming you are.Assuming indeed he is a diplomat and has diplomatic immunity(Not all embassy staff do) The fact is the Nigerian Government can ask him to leave the country if they find his presence unacceptable. They can give him 48 hours to leave and if he is still here he will find himself in court. He has no right to be in Nigeria ,it is a privilege

This man has no right or protection to do such. You must abide by the laws of your host country. He can be prosecuted but our problem in Nigeria is who will prosecute him? Where is the evidence to use for the prosecution? Let us continue to prayer for our country Nigeria and one day God will surely deliver us.

1 Like

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by QuietHammer(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
He has every right to say that bcus our so called President and his ministers don't also abide by d law....they are the ones that create the laws yet they don't abide by it.

So that gives him the "right ". Are you okay?
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by nextstep(m): 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
He is right... on two counts

1. unfortunately, our own leaders flout traffic laws, and if you have enough power, you can make life miserable for the poor warden who is, ironically, doing the job they are being paid for. So why should he respect us when we don't respect ourselves?

2. if he is in fact a diplomat (not a friend or family), then the Vienna Convention states that he is not susceptible to lawsuit or prosecution under the host country's law (unless expelled for a serious crime)

It's not right, and it pains me greatly to see it happen, but if I was the warden, faced with losing my means of supporting my family vs. insisting on the right thing, only to be let down by my own government...
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by MistadeRegal(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Remove this stupid post right now. What's the essence if you had shielded his identity? Can any Nigerian do that in other countries and not hit the nation's headline?

1 Like

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
Colar234:

This man has no right or protection to do such. You must abide by the laws of your host country. He can be prosecuted but our problem in Nigeria is who will prosecute him? Where is the evidence to use for the prosecution? Let us continue to prayer for our country Nigeria and one day God will surely deliver us.
Yea, he should obey the laws of his host country; but he is covered by diplomatic immunity. So, he can't be prosecuted in a Nigerian court.
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by jumobi1(m): 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
People talk about diplomatic immunity without knowing what it entails. Nigerian diplomats in the US owe fines for traffic violations and NYC insists Nigeria pays. It's permissible to fine the man.
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by ddjay: 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
dainformant:
Foreign Diplomat Allegedly Said This After Breaking Traffic Rules In Abuja. PICS

A foreigner who reportedly nearly caused an accident after faulting traffic rules at Powerhouse Junction, Asokoro, Abuja, -allegedly showed no remorse even after he was accosted by traffic wardens. Judging from his car's plate number, he might be a diplomat.

Read below what was shared by Emmanuel Ogbeche, few minutes ago.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/10/foreign-diplomat-allegedly-did-this.html
i wish the number plate and his face was not hidden.

1 Like

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by cevek11: 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Why is his face not showing At least if Buhari will not talk for Patient matter, he will talk for this one na?
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
QuietHammer:

So that gives him the "right ". Are you okay?
Yes am very OK, tnx for asking
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by Colar234: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
CFCman:

Yea, he should obey the laws of his host country; but he is covered by diplomatic immunity. So, he can't be prosecuted in a Nigerian court.

No that your notion is wrong. If a diplomat fails to obey traffic law in the western world like UK, He gets fined and will lose points from his/her Driving license if issued by UK (if not issued by UK government that will go on his driving history created via the driving license he is using). If he fails to pay the fine after 28 days, then he will be charged to court and that will now be viewed as a court case. You guys should not make assumptions nobody is above the law and should be treated as such.
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by bishopkay: 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
Since he's literally 'untouchable' since he's a diplomat, the best someone there could do would have been to punch d albino faced pig in the face!
That would teach him even though Nigeria isn't where we'd love it to be, we are not his conquered slaves and we gat laws
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by rafabenitez: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
Yet when somebody say Nigeria is a zoo,u all will mk noise about ur poor prison condition at kuje,now tell me is nigeria not worse to a zoo.
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by prince0(m): 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
I don't usually like responding to half baked graduates like this, at any rate, I did not say embassy staff, I said domestic staff. Olodo! What you don't know is above you.
omonnakoda:

2 Likes

Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by opribo(m): 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
What an effrontery, so he asid even if bubu is there nothing will happen. Let us wait and see if he is right now.
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by gabrielniy(m): 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
Most of these guys with United nations (UN) plate number, that's how they drive. Reckless people.
Re: Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS by lurdkriss: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
The guy no lie,

we can even kill ouurselves for these fools,I don't want to say I hate whites o,but the prefrential treatment they get here is what is giving this thing the guts to insult the president.I dare mr president to do anything to this thing...I'm sure he will laught over it if it gets to his notice,

Not his fault undecided

Not is fault

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IPOB Women Cry, Go Topless After They Were Denied Bail In Owerri (Photos) / Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) / People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.