Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,101 members, 7,977,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:33 PM

Dating The Nigerian Way - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating The Nigerian Way (1081 Views)

.10 Signs You Are Dating The Wrong Person. / My sad Experience with weird lady / 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dating The Nigerian Way by deji2009(m): 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
Source:http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1610067/dating_the_nigerian_way.html

You want to date a Nigerian? Dating the Nigerian way is quite different from the American and European ways of getting to know the opposite sex. Here are some points to enable you understand the dating rules in Nigeria.

No Flowers Please!

If you don't want your gift of flowers to end up in the bin, take my advice, don't buy a Nigerian girl flowers! Unless of course she grew up in the western world or she is one of the very few Nigerian girls who have had the opportunity to travel far and wide. A gift of jeweleries,
clothing items, chocolates etc will do just fine.

Don't Count On Sex On The First Date!

Most Nigerian girls will NEVER sleep with a guy on the first date because she does not want to be perceived as an "ashewo" (prostitute). A typical Nigerian girl will have sex with you depending on her upbringing, for example

1) If she is a committed church goer, she will wait for about a month before she sleeps with you

2) If she is quite open-minded, you can count on sex on the first or second date

3) If she is a born-again Christian, don't count on it!

Be Prepared To Spend

A typical Nigerian girl will be damned if she puts out and you do not reciprocate by constantly buying her stuff or giving her money to go shopping, getting her hair made, feeding allowance, et cetera (this is a common act among students and unemployed graduates).

A friend of mine made this statement sometime ago, "can you imagine that the idiot suggested we go to a nearby hotel, so that he could have sex with me but I noticed that he didn't have much money on him, I know this because I checked his wallet myself. He wants me to sleep with him for nothing! What does he take me for? "

You see, A Nigerian girl loves to brag to her friends about what her man bought for her, especially if the gift is an expensive one. She wants her man to be the yard-stick that other girls measure their boyfriend(s) with.

If a Nigerian girl sticks with you without any financial incentive, she is only doing so for these reasons,

1) The sex is good

2) She is hoping you will marry her in the near future and you might not want to part ways with someone who stuck with you during your trying times (smart move, huh?).
Re: Dating The Nigerian Way by Pittbaby(f): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2009
LOL!!! Nigerian females are so uncomplicated that they can be summed up in a few paragraphs
Re: Dating The Nigerian Way by iice(f): 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2009
lol

(1) (Reply)

Should I Marry Him? / For better or for worse.Does it really make sense? / Wifey Had Accident This Morning On Her Way To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.