Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,899 members, 7,980,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 07:21 AM

PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory (18176 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole Dances With Wife, Iara To Celebrate Obaseki's Victory. Photo / Ondo Election: PDP Heads To Tribunal / Oshiomhole & Iara Celebrate Obaseki's Victory (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by chi4ik(m): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2016
Supported
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by ceeethru(m): 8:23am On Oct 04, 2016
saintkel:
Most times I find it hard to comprehend u. No offence intended. U need to water down ur grammars though
Guy abeg take am easy grammar nor dey put food for table for Nigeria...
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by demolinka(m): 8:23am On Oct 04, 2016
Last last ize iyamu go re-decamp come APC. We know as e dey go
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2016
angry sad
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 04, 2016
grin

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by DjAduba(m): 8:28am On Oct 04, 2016
We are following.

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 04, 2016

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by nicemajor(m): 8:30am On Oct 04, 2016
Same people (politicians )
Same cabal
Different political party..

Same people (masses)
Same cabal. (#poor masses)
Same party
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Seun4FastLoans(f): 8:31am On Oct 04, 2016
Okay
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by ManMountain(m): 8:33am On Oct 04, 2016
Some big lawyers will be rubbing their palms together now, money is coming cheesy

1 Like

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 04, 2016
the election was a big scam . false figures everywhere

2 Likes

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by soludan: 8:35am On Oct 04, 2016
God save Nigeria
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 04, 2016
modath:

In other words, PDP is on an exercise in futility.
The case has been lost even before it is heard. If I were Pastor Iyamu, I would not spend scarce resources on a futile cause.

1 Like

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by generalorot(m): 8:39am On Oct 04, 2016
2 yrs on top tribunal... 2 yrs on top appeal by den obaseki go don complete hin regime maybe even re-elected 4 second... And 2 yrs for supreme making 6 yrs and at the of it case still lost... PDP make una accept una fate... Na wetin una don do for other parties before with una oppressing power den... What does law of karma says grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by lebanonboy: 8:42am On Oct 04, 2016
Who has d tribunal it is Buhari so i can see d failure of pdp at d tribunal because na buhari go judge d case and we both knw d final result
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Slymonster(m): 8:43am On Oct 04, 2016
wake me up when it's supreme Court judgement
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by LorDBolton(m): 8:43am On Oct 04, 2016
royallord1:

if u know anything about the law... its wrong and unwise infact you would be shooting urself in the foot by reveal the card in your hand before the actual game begin... let the case start then the barage of evidence and fact will hit them (apc) from all sides at the same time...

Bros I can't wait to see the so-called evidences in history which case has pdp won @ the courts?

Apc is filled with lawyers who know certain technicalities that's why even cases they loose u will see clearly the judiciary was compromised.

I watched. A bit of the election results announcements and I was shocked a barrister (the pdp agent) could be making soo many 'passionate but empty' complaints.

For example. Believe it or not card reader has been legalised if not ALL the 2015 elections would have been voided.

The cases of violence which forced inec to leave certain units is also plausible

Their only hope is to seek an order from the tribunal for a recount of certain wards or lg's...only hope

Cancellation is out of it,

1 Like

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Ahmedhussain3463: 8:45am On Oct 04, 2016
yrret:
Edo rigging was too obvious. Who ever came up with such Rigging plans deserve to be lynch, we all know we hardly carryout free and fair election in Nigeria but Edo election! Mbanu!! even student union government can't plot such a terrible rigging.

At the moment I don't trust the judiciary anymore, they all do the biddings of their cabals. Be it PDP or APC is only a change of name with same people. We the citizens are the victims of all circumstance they've compounded for us.

That tribunal sha.... I wish ize-iyamu success if cabals want so.

We all need to restructure 1999 policy. It favours the cabals and not the masses.

#restructureNigeria

yu wish ize iyamyu wht?
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by ehissi(m): 8:46am On Oct 04, 2016
President99:
If were PDP, I would not be deceived by confidence of lawyers claiming they can deliver.
The best PDP might get is overall nullification, which APC might still rig if truly they rigged the first one as alleged. Moreover, I thought the Pastor said he has left his case to God

Not entirely true!!

If you have followed the antecedence of Tribunals and court cases. You will see a clear differences in outcomes of judgement.

PDP never really complained at the Collation about financial inducement of voters. Its outside the brief of the returning officer and has got nothing to do with the electoral process..............tribunals are hard-wired to protect electoral processes while court are hard-wired to protect sovereignty expressed through casted votes.

Issues I would present before the tribunal and the courts - if I were Ize iyamu's legal counsel - is in the area cancellation as a result of over-voting.

Then the question of whether or not the absence of a functional card reader is a just basis for cancelling votes (the court will always insist that such votes should be made to count).........especially when party agents and observers can attest to elections holding such areas plus the testimony of ward 10 of ikpoba okha - who are still waiting for elections to take place in their area after they have already declared obaseki governor.

He should simply call for a recount of all ballot cast using forensics - of both invalidated and valid votes plus a re-enactment of elections in areas like ward 10 of ikpoba okha. That's all he needs to win.

If he goes for total cancellation due to rigging, he will lose flat.......the court will shy away from nullifying any vote cast.

Plus all he has is the appeal court as his last bus-stop so he has to be careful what he asks for. Else he will lose...........

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by seguno2: 8:46am On Oct 04, 2016
Good move to discourage rigging and INCONCLUSIVE elections.
How many times did Buhari go to court when he lost in 2003, 2007 and 2011?
How many times?

1 Like

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Ahmedhussain3463: 8:47am On Oct 04, 2016
bejeiodus:
Time for some legal fireworks. The PDP has taken the right step by going to court to seek legal redress for the alleged manipulated election. It is better than taking the law into their own hands. I pray they get the justice they seek.
wht justice are dey seeking against popular wish ot d people?edo voted obaski in mass and his nw their elected governor
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by seguno2: 8:49am On Oct 04, 2016
lebanonboy:
Who has d tribunal it is Buhari so i can see d failure of pdp at d tribunal because na buhari go judge d case and we both knw d final result

Who had INEC when Buhari won in 2015?
Was it APC?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by ManMountain(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2016
It is very repulsive and offence to the sensibilities of majority of Nigerians for a party that bestrode Nigeria for 16 years with a lot of brazen illegalities to be talking about rigging.
As much as the APC fools have been disappointing so far, PDP is not a party any sane Nigerian should look up to for Nigeria redemption.

1 Like

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Ahmedhussain3463: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2016
Godfullsam:
APC and ojoro are like rice and beans.

I support PDP going to tribunal, what happened in Edo was a daylight robbery and an insult to democracy.
pls decribe d one dt happen in rivers and ekiti too?
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by peculiar32(f): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2016
APC have come to stay in Edo state...PDP doh
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by seguno2: 9:04am On Oct 04, 2016
ceeethru:
Guy abeg take am easy grammar nor dey put food for table for Nigeria...

Does your native language or mother tongue put food on the table?
What does your native language PRODUCE?

1 Like

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Jabioro: 9:04am On Oct 04, 2016
River state 2015 gubernatorial election between Wike and Peter Dankoko,i.e PDP and APC will be used as yardstick..
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by seguno2: 9:06am On Oct 04, 2016
ManMountain:
It is very repulsive and offence to the sensibilities of majority of Nigerians for a party that bestrode Nigeria for 16 years with a lot of brazen illegalities to be talking about rigging.

I thought that MOST of the PDP people are now in APC. Is that no longer true?

1 Like

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2016
royallord1:

if u know anything about the law... its wrong and unwise infact you would be shooting urself in the foot by reveal the card in your hand before the actual game begin... let the case start then the barage of evidence and fact will hit them (apc) from all sides at the same time...

if pdp have evidence,,,they wuld av flooded the internet with it by now.. pdp av neva bin tactical in all there deeds.
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by dignity33: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2016
Although i'm somewhere far from Edo but the moment i read that INEC banned online jounalist from collation centre, i know the Election is about to be riggid. During the 2015 General election many online newspaper get the result collect to tally with the one declare by INEC another reason are why are local and international observer called for cancelation of this election including US ambasador it shows that election was rigged even other political parties. I commend the action of pdp to held to tribunal to seek for redress if only they will get fair hearing.

1 Like

Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by Ojiofor: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2016
And they expect to get justice when they are still holding unto their stolen mandate in Abia state?
Re: PDP Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Obaseki’s Victory by ManMountain(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2016
seguno2:

I thought that MOST of the PDP people are now in APC. Is that no longer true?

In APC, only two people I considered steadfast, Tinubu and Buhari. Like most politicians, others are mostly fair weather friends like typical Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Volunteers To Pick Sowore, As DSS Said No One Came To Pick Him / APC Crisis: Adamu Apologises, Reconciles With Aggrieved NWC Members / Terrorist Attacks: We’ll Hold Buhari Accountable, I’m Pained – Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.