Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,760 members, 7,979,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:37 PM

Lastest Preoder News And Gist: - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Lastest Preoder News And Gist: (757 Views)

Lastest Cars,toyota Camry 2013...call And Let Deal. / Toks- 2011 Toyota Sienna XLE ( Lastest Version ) 6million. / Lastest ! Honda Accord( Eod ) Tok's In Town. Pix Attached 1.7m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastest Preoder News And Gist: by Cmectrouble(f): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
Watch out!
Re: Lastest Preoder News And Gist: by Cmectrouble(f): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2009
@busy

Preorder is simple. And i dont think preorder is about the dealers showing cars they can get by going to get pics from dealers websites here in the US as it is the norm with all preorder dealers threads on this forum.

@phemmy

Why not display Vins? Rule states that all cars displayed should have vins displayed and i think cars that are not preordered should abide by that rule,unless, i stand to be corrected on my view.
Re: Lastest Preoder News And Gist: by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2009
;d
Re: Lastest Preoder News And Gist: by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2009
Here is my take.
I can not sell you something that is yet to be in my possession, and except i know the dealer well and send me the pix of the cars that i am yet to buy, i should not be using the pix as a car that i wanna sell, i might say i will sell you some like look like the one in a particular picture, and how can u post a VIN of a car that is not in your possession?

First of all, if the site where you grab the pix knows about it, you could be sued, cos it is the property of that site and you are using without copyright.
So for Pre-order, i think it is better for the dealer to let the buyers know that the vehicles are yet to be bought and that the information given are all sample and can change at anytime.

Cos when you show me that yuo selling a particular car for a price which we all know it is almost impossible, then, there is some other form of gains cooking in the oven.

Lastly, i do understand that VIN is a reqmt, however, for Pre-order, it is more of the service than the product.
Re: Lastest Preoder News And Gist: by Igwe9(m): 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2009
Yet to understand what the problem is here, guess I've gotta sniff a little bit of my snuff to know if I can decipher the head/body/ tail lines of these posts.

eeh eh!
Re: Lastest Preoder News And Gist: by Sameoldme: 1:58am On Oct 17, 2009
Why is the auto section rumours and gossip section by gestapo locked? who is gestapo?who is cosjo? both have a thing for smileys!
Re: Lastest Preoder News And Gist: by Busybody2(f): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2009
Cmectrouble:

@busy

Preorder is simple. And i dont think preorder is about the dealers showing cars they can get by going to get pics from dealers websites here in the US as it is the norm with all preorder dealers threads on this forum.

The Pre-Order concept is something synonymous with Nairaland and not a run of the mill concept you would find with other dealers off Nairaland or anywhere else on the planet, and it was started by Midas but kicked off with Inspired/Babeisme collaboration and they can set the terms and conditions as they see fit and if potential buyers are not pleased with the agreement on the table, they can always walk na, no be by force. 

Such thread shows cars in their stock as well as cars they can get for customers from other sources which they have sourced themselves, none of which is illegal or hurt anyone.

Fhemmmy:

Here is my take.
I can not sell you something that is yet to be in my possession, and except i know the dealer well and send me the pix of the cars that i am yet to buy, i should not be using the pix as a car that i wanna sell, i might say i will sell you some like look like the one in a particular picture, and how can u post a VIN of a car that is not in your possession?

First of all, if the site where you grab the pix knows about it, you could be sued, cos it is the property of that site and you are using without copyright.
[size=14pt]So for Pre-order, i think it is better for the dealer to let the buyers know that the vehicles are yet to be bought and that the information given are all sample and can change at anytime.[/size]

Cos when you show me that yuo selling a particular car for a price which we all know it is almost impossible, then, there is some other form of gains cooking in the oven.

Lastly, i do understand that VIN is a reqmt, however, for Pre-order, it is more of the service than the product.

These Pre-order Dealers have this inserted into their terms and condition, search well you would find it. And like I mentioned in the other thread, only an idiot would pay forecourt prices, and even cars advertised for sale on Nairaland always have room for negotiation, and you would notice that those car dealers who always put non-negotiable with their price always end up not selling the car and pulling the advert. 

And as for the dangerous practice of quoting fixed car prices which is subject to wild fluctuation from the unstable Dollars, Dealers should learn to take the bitter with the sweet, when the Dollar is favourable to the Naira, you don't see them passing this gain onto the customers, so they should not whinge much if the exchange rate is eating into their profit too.
Sameoldme:

Why is the auto section rumours and gossip section by gestapo locked?  who is gestapo?who is cosjo? both have a thing for smileys!

Not as much as Busy_body and Sisijinx and no one has died yet, so what gives undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

9ja Used.2001 Honda Civc. 535k 08025667462 / Toyota Matrix, Solara, And Peugeot 607. / I Need A Forum For Technical Discussions On Vw & Audi Cars Repairs Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.