Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,595 members, 7,951,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:09 PM

Take This Test - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Take This Test (1905 Views)

'if I Fail This Test, Then The World Will End'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take This Test by bawomolo(m): 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2009
lets see how knowledgeable you guys are about public affairs.

don't use wikipedia o grin

http://pewresearch.org/politicalquiz/quiz/
Re: Take This Test by JeSoul(f): 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2009
Woohoo . . . .  grin so, what did I win? or is this a sign I need to lay off the news a lil bit?

Re: Take This Test by bawomolo(m): 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2009
you smart o.

i got 11 out 12. i didn't know who the head of the financial committee was.
Re: Take This Test by JeSoul(f): 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2009
If I had a penny for everytime I've heard Ben Bernanke . . . him, Tim Geithner and Nancy 'botox' Pelosi grin
Re: Take This Test by blackspade(m): 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2009
Damn, I should have cheated. I got 8.

Re: Take This Test by JeSoul(f): 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
lol  cheesy Blackspade, an honest man is by far more endearing than a smart one.
Re: Take This Test by bawomolo(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2009
lol 8 out 12 isn't bad. the average is about 6
Re: Take This Test by redsun(m): 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2009
This should solely be for americans.it is american business,american questions,apart from the iran and isreal border issue and the health care question which is a humanitarian disaster in american.
Re: Take This Test by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 17, 2009
8/12 - i no dey yankee sha tongue and that ben banke abi wetin call - i saw jesouls post before i decided to try it
Re: Take This Test by TayoD1(m): 12:37am On Oct 17, 2009
@topic,

I scored 11 out of 12.  The questions are easy and I can't figure out which question I missed.

Find out how your score compares with other Americans who took the test in our national telephone survey:

Overall Score

How you did, question by question

Demographic breakdowns by question
How You Did, Question by Question
Below you'll find your question-by-question results and the percentage of all adults who answered each question correctly in our telephone survey.

Question Correct Answer Your Response All Adults, Percentage Correct

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Can you tell me who is the newest justice to join the Supreme Court? Sonia Sotomayor Correct 65  
2. Do you happen to know who Glenn Beck is? A television and radio talk show host Correct 40  
3. Do you happen to know which political party has a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives? Democrats Correct 75  
4. Does the so-called "public option" legislation being discussed in Congress deal with, Health care Correct 56  
5. Can you tell me who is the chairman of the Senate finance committee, which is working on a bill to reform the health care system? Max Baucus Correct 18  
6. Do you happen to know who is chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board? Ben Bernanke Correct 33  
7. Do you happen to know if Iran and Israel do or do not share a border? No, they do not Correct 42  
8. Do you happen to know if the national unemployment rate is currently closer to: 10% Correct 53  
9. Do you happen to know if the Dow Jones Industrial Average is currently closer to: 10,000 Correct 33  
10. Is health care spending per person in the U.S. higher, lower, or about the same as in most major European nations? Higher in U.S. Correct 61  
11. Does the so-called "cap and trade" legislation being discussed in Congress deal with, Energy and environment  Correct 23  
12. About how many U.S. military personnel are currently in Afghanistan: 70,000 Incorrect 28  
Find out how your score compares with other Americans who took the test in our national telephone survey:

Overall Score

How you did, question by question

Demographic breakdowns by question
Demographic Breakdowns by Question
Below you'll find your question-by-question results and the percentage of each demographic group that answered the question correctly in our telephone survey.

Gender Education Age
Your Responses Male Female High School
or less Some
College College
Graduate Ages 18-29 Ages 30-49 Ages 50+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This shows how many questions you answered correctly, compared with the average number of correct answers for different demographic groups. For example, men answered an average of 5.9 questions correctly.          
11 5.9 4.7 4.2 5.3 7.1 4.0 5.4 5.8

Percent answering correctly
1. Can you tell me who is the newest justice to join the Supreme Court? Correct 67 64 55 64 84 46 68 73
2. Do you happen to know who Glenn Beck is? Correct 45 37 29 40 59 31 40 45
3. Do you happen to know which political party has a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives? Correct 78 72 66 78 87 65 74 80
4. Does the so-called "public option" legislation being discussed in Congress deal with, Correct 59 53 46 54 74 40 59 61
5. Can you tell me who is the chairman of the Senate finance committee, which is working on a bill to reform the health care system? Correct 23 12 9 18 32 11 18 20
6. Do you happen to know who is chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board? Correct 41 26 23 31 50 18 32 41
7. Do you happen to know if Iran and Israel do or do not share a border? Correct 54 31 32 41 60 39 41 45
8. Do you happen to know if the national unemployment rate is currently closer to: Correct 62 45 41 56 69 38 54 58
9. Do you happen to know if the Dow Jones Industrial Average is currently closer to: Correct 44 23 25 32 48 18 34 39
10. Is health care spending per person in the U.S. higher, lower, or about the same as in most major European nations? Correct 59 63 55 64 70 57 67 59
11. Does the so-called "cap and trade" legislation being discussed in Congress deal with, Correct 29 17 14 21 39 13 24 28
12. About how many U.S. military personnel are currently in Afghanistan: Incorrect 32 24 22 33 34 21 27 31
Read the report for a summary of what the overall public and various demographic groups within it know and don't know about the news.

Sign up for our email newsletter to receive updates on other Pew Research Center reports and interactive features.

Home   |   Topic Index   |   Publications Index   |   The Databank   |   Interactive   |   Projects of the Center   |   About the Center
Copyright © 2009   Pew Research Center   All Rights Reserved   1615 L Street, NW Suite 700   Washington, DC 20036   p               202.419.4300         202.419.4300  f 202.419.4349
Re: Take This Test by TayoD1(m): 12:38am On Oct 17, 2009
@topic,

I scored 11 out of 12. The questions are easy enough and I can't seem to figure out which of the questions that I missed.
Re: Take This Test by bawomolo(m): 3:36am On Oct 17, 2009
oh there is a score breakdown on the site too.
redsun:

This should solely be for americans.it is american business,american questions,apart from the iran and isreal border issue and the health care question which is a humanitarian disaster in american.

oga redsun confess your score.

oyb pass am so you no get excuse  grin
Re: Take This Test by oyinda3(f): 5:21am On Oct 17, 2009
i got a 9 out of 12. yeah I don't listen to the news sue me. lol

so this is one of those type of online survey things they use to research how much the news the average american knows?
Re: Take This Test by redsun(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2009
bawomolo:

oh there is a score breakdown on the site too.
oga redsun confess your score.

oyb pass am so you no get excuse  grin

I attempted the two i am interested in and i got them right,isreal shares no bother with iran,while health care cost more in america than any other developed world all because of mere greed,they have enough to around,yet they want their own citizens to suffer in the name of capitalism.I am not keen on american domestic affairs,i know Obama is at the helm of the affairs and he is doing good,trying to impose good over evil.

Health is wealth,but in america it seems like wealth is health,they will rather waste trillions on war than to save the poor.New orleans katrina was another incident of america choosing biased tradition to sanity,they left them to perish because they were poor blacks-children,youths,adults,the very old,even pets,all were suppose to be american citizens.
Re: Take This Test by jaybee3(m): 9:32am On Oct 17, 2009
9/12 and i don't live in the US. cool

[img]http://pewresearch.org/politicalquiz/quiz/index.php[/img]
Re: Take This Test by redsun(m): 10:26am On Oct 17, 2009
An average american will hardly know what british currency is called,talkless of nigeria.They don't know shit out side america,why should non americans bother with their affairs.
Re: Take This Test by bawomolo(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2009
oyinda.:

i got a 9 out of 12. yeah I don't listen to the news sue me. lol

so this is one of those type of online survey things they use to research how much the news the average american knows?

yeah a test of how aware (or dumb) americans are.
Re: Take This Test by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2009
11/12.

Not bad.
Re: Take This Test by preselect(m): 7:27pm On Oct 17, 2009
100% cheesy , and i live in south london grin

two were guesses though . . . . israel/iran border and the trading cap legislation . . but i guessed correctly grin

i guess it aint easy to be lucky wink
Re: Take This Test by RichyBlacK(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2009
My overall score:

Re: Take This Test by RichyBlacK(m): 10:09am On Oct 21, 2009
How I did, question by question:

Re: Take This Test by RichyBlacK(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2009
Demographic breakdowns by question:

Re: Take This Test by RichyBlacK(m): 10:19am On Oct 21, 2009
Tayo-D:

@topic,

I scored 11 out of 12.  The questions are easy enough and I can't seem to figure out which of the questions that I missed.

Tayo-D,

From your post "12. About how many U.S. military personnel are currently in Afghanistan: 70,000 Incorrect 28", it seems you missed Question 12.
Re: Take This Test by SeanT21(f): 5:56am On Oct 22, 2009
ahh, richyblack, U love to bluff.

I have not watched CNN in a couple of weeks but I tried.

Re: Take This Test by RichyBlacK(m): 6:18am On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

ahh, richyblack, U love to bluff.

I have not watched CNN in a couple of weeks but I tried.

SeanT21,
The one question I found a bit difficult was "7. Do you happen to know if Iran and Israel do or do not share a border?". Recalling that Iraq is west of Iran was all I needed.
Re: Take This Test by SeanT21(f): 6:46am On Oct 22, 2009
RichyBlacK:

SeanT21,
The one question I found a bit difficult was "7. Do you happen to know if Iran and Israel do or do not share a border?". Recalling that Iraq is west of Iran was all I needed.

I freaking failed that question. I thought they did share a border. cry
Re: Take This Test by oyinda3(f): 12:01am On Oct 29, 2009
loll.
on a random note, It's funny that sometimes when I think about it, we know more about North America than we know about Africa.
maybe we should carry out a survey on how many Africans know if Mauritania shares a border with Mali. i'm guilty of accusing westerners of being ignorant about Africa but I think i'm more ignorant than I should be myself.
don't know if this applies to you guys as well.
Re: Take This Test by SeanT21(f): 3:57am On Oct 29, 2009
oyinda.:

loll.
on a random note, It's funny that sometimes when I think about it, we know more about North America than we know about Africa.
maybe we should carry out a survey on how many Africans know if Mauritania shares a border with Mali. i'm guilty of accusing westerners of being ignorant about Africa but I think i'm more ignorant than I should be myself.

That's the truth. I once toke a test on Africa and I was so disappointed.
Re: Take This Test by OgidiBoy(m): 4:06am On Oct 29, 2009
I missed only the question about the troop number in Afghanistan sad

What's so freaking sad is the average American on the street don't even know or care to know the answers to those questions.
Re: Take This Test by Ibime(m): 11:01am On Oct 29, 2009
Apart from RichyBlack, I think all of you should defer to my superior knowledge when arguing political issues from now on.

How can a nucca in the UK know more about your politics than you? I must admit to guessing about the chair of the finance committee looking into the public health option, and also making an informed guess on troop numbers in Afghanistan.

Re: Take This Test by bawomolo(m): 5:14am On Oct 30, 2009
oyinda.:

loll.

that's true. african geography is something else.

strange countries like djibouti and the likes grin
Re: Take This Test by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 30, 2009
bawomolo:

that's true. african geography is something else.

strange countries like [b]djibouti [/b]and the likes grin
I use to laugh in Geo when we talk abt it grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Predator Drones With Pinpoint Accuracy, Check Out This Drone Strike. / Sophistication In The First Lady / Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.