Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,779 members, 7,927,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 11:18 AM

The Fraud Called Nigeria- Which Way Out? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fraud Called Nigeria- Which Way Out? (613 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: ''Why I Called Nigeria A Zoo, Threaten War'' / The Fraud Called Fashola / The FRAUD Called Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fraud Called Nigeria- Which Way Out? by Chiddysville(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2009
I watched as Ghana lifted the world under 20 world cup and remembered our dismal performance and failure at the same competition and even in most developmental spheres as a nation, i came to a conclusion that all these happenings are not ordinary, something is really wrong with our nation and it has affected us both physically and psychologically. Nobody is ready to give his or her best again for the nation or in other words die for her. Eaqually, i was listening to a radio program this morning, when a political leader from the ruling party said nothing is wrong with Nigeria, that we will soon get there. I was really pained cos what i'm seeing all around me speaks to the contrary. For the so called giant of Africa, There is a noticeable leadership vacuum, if you go to the south eastern part of the country, you notice the flag of defunct Biafra flying everywhere with the people being made they will only get there by seceding from Nigeria. Going to the six states of the Niger Delta, the youths have virtually taken up arms and challeged the nation's arm forces and have threatened to resume hostilities despite the so called amnesty granted by the govt. Coming to the South West, Lagos state revolted against the injustice done to her by creating additional 37 local government areas. Going to the Northern part of the North, Poverty and religious fanatism hold sway as they choose to identify more with arabs in the Middle East than their fellow brethren down South, who most consider as infidels.
Everywhere you go, you only hear tales of woes; inept leadership, corruption, nepotism, federal character, intolerance, racism etc. With all these going on how can we ever develop as a nation? Can we ever stay together as one? What do you think are the immediate and remote causes of our backwardness as a nation? Is it the fraudulent document imposed by the military without the peoples input which put power generation, interstate roads, police, electoral umpire, etc in the exclusive list of the F.G which has failed woefully in the areas? Or just the failure of leadership? Or we the followers, are we the problem? All these are are begging for answers and we need an objective assessments and solutions proffered on the way forward. Nairalanders, over to you

(1) (Reply)

What Is Nigeria Doing Right? / Global Media / Serap Threatens Fg With Legal Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.