Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

A Message To Edo State PDP. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Message To Edo State PDP. (423 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara Donate Items To Edo IDP Camp (Pics) / APC To Wike: Return The N2bn Rivers Money You Donated To Ondo State PDP / Angry Benin Residents Meet With Fashola During His Visit To Edo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Message To Edo State PDP. by chrisxxx(m): 1:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
History always repeats itself because people don't learn from it. No wonder Tinubu has even advocated that this very important subject should be reintroduced into school curriculum.
Let us go down to memory lane as in recent as 2007. Adams Oshiomole was a very popular Nigerian due to his labour activities. He was darling of the common man. I mean he was loved by all. Believe me he was more popular than the president then-Obasanjo.
If he had enough money he could contest for the president of the country. People believed he would win. And till this day since he left active labour activism that body has never been as vibrant as it was when Oshiomole led it.
Against people's expectations, Oshiomole opted to contest for (as little as) Edo governorship seat. People thought this was too little for him. They said he had belittled himself. To be candid they wanted him to gun for the presidency. He would win in a free and fair contest. To the people he was a sincere man. He would care for them.At this juncture you will agree to forgive me on why I said as little as Edo governorship seat. With this decision, people believed that he stooped to conquer. It would be a simple walkover.
Lo and behold! The election came with PDP candidate in the person of Prof. Osunbor been declared the winner. The collective opinions of people then were in disagreement with the outcome of the election. People believed Oshiomole won the election even the PDP's presidential candidate in the person of Y'Aradua (a Fulani man) was a member of this school of thought.
Oshiomole was to later confess that it was the president (Y'Aradua PDP) who advised him to go to court to fight for his mandate and not only that also gave him all financial support he needed. Oshiomole went to court as was advised and the court restored his stolen mandate.
Today Edo State has found itself in similar condition with same Oshiomole at the centre of the stage with another Fulani president in the person of Buhari. Would Buhari live above board like Y'Aradua to call a spade a spade? Will Pastor Iziamu get fair hearing from the court like Oshiomole did?
History might be about repeating itself. This is my advice to Edo people and PDP- PST Iziamu should go to court. History is about repeating itself.

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Disqualify Myself From Your Trial — CCT Boss Dismisses Saraki’s Motion / Dasuki Gate: Is The Ecowas Court Binding On Nigeria / Open Letter To Ali Dangote And Dangote Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.