Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,586 members, 7,968,687 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:26 AM

Love 101: How To Get Your Own Lekki Wedding (part 1) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love 101: How To Get Your Own Lekki Wedding (part 1) (471 Views)

Dating 101: How To Know When A Woman Is Pretending / Hawt Strip Tease 101: How To Strip For Your Man Like A Pro. 18 Please / Gold Digger 101: How To Know She Just Wants Your Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love 101: How To Get Your Own Lekki Wedding (part 1) by HighBK: 6:01am On Oct 06, 2016
It was a lavish wedding reception at Civic Center in VI, that got us talking. Our main topic was where (and how) our friend’s friend secured this lucrative deal. She had just gotten married to a very rich man who lived in a palatial mansion in Lekki phase 1. We all guessed the methods the lucky bride had employed but as we found out a few weeks later,we weren’t even close.

The lady (Let’s call her Toke), said she had always wanted to marry someone rich and have a lavish wedding, so she stood about her goal methodically. First, she had to meet a rich Lagos Big Boys who she would get to fall in love with her and then convince him to throw her a glamorous ,no expense spared wedding.

We looked at Toke in amazement. Was it that easy to stumble into a legitimate LBB randomly on the streets? As if Toke could read our minds, she proceeded to break down the entire process into 2 simple stages.

It’s simple. Just 2 criteria. Wherever they are, and most importantly wherever the setup encourages interaction. (eg. You will find a LBB on Third Mainland Bridge in his Porsche Cayenne, but you definitely will not meet one there). Also, you need to be humble and keep an open mind. Because he’s wearing a short with one white T-Shirt doesn’t mean that he’s not a CEO of a successful clothing line in USA. You must also be quick with your assessment. Quick tips – check his watch, his shoe, and car key if he’s holding one. (Notice I said car key, not bunch of keys).
I will summarize the places to meet LBB into 3 categories.

WHERE THEY HANGOUT
1. Cinemas: Caution, ticket costs 2000 naira, so you will meet a lot of “upcoming” and “wannabe” LBBs here.
2. Wedding receptions : Good thing, they also come here ready to meet a lady. Go gal!
3. Gyms: No brainer here. If you are young and you have money, you will want to live long. If you are hungry or just managing, you won’t pay 150k for gym membership. The fee should tell the gyms I have in mind.
4. Expensive restaurants: I’m talking fancy food, tiny portion kinda restaurants.
5. Malls : No longer a top location, thanks to Shoprite and co springing up after every two roundabouts.

WHERE THEY WORSHIP
1. Big churches: The likes of Daystar, Coza, House on the rock…etc. You will definitely meet god-fearing-on-sundays LBB here. The single junior pastors in these churches are also hot and loaded. Just saying.
2. Our Muslim Lagos Big Boys don’t usually “acquire targets” while praying in a mosque. If you are seeking a Muslim LBB, after prayers may not be your best bet.

WHERE THEY WORK/LEARN
1. Pan African University: They invest in themselves, always.
2. Delta/BA/Etihad Flights en route business/leisure trips.
3. Conventions/Summit on ……….( put something very important here)

IN CONCLUSION (VERY IMPORTANT)
One thing you will notice is that it takes a lot of investment in yourself to meet successful guys. Like poles attract. You need to be at the right place to meet right set of people. For example, you cannot meet someone on a flight to NYC, if you are not on that flight. Also, you cannot hold 5 minutes conversation with an intelligent and successful mind if you are dumb . In such cases, your conversation will likely be in the horizontal position, which is not necessary a bad thing, but cannot keep guys like this around (they have enough suppliers for that).

Invest in yourself (education, style, outlook) , be at the right places and keep an open mind. You will meet the right guy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a plan (Plan A or B) to marry a rich/successful/hot guy. It is a very good plan. Landing them is easy, keeping them is the challenge.

After Toke’s very detailed explanation, we were excited about the new information we had just gathered and promised to give her progress reports on how we had fared in our quest in accomplishing stage one of our Lekki Weddings, the next time we met for lunch.
That’s all for today. See ya next week when I give you the juicy details of Part 2 of How To Get Your Own Lekki Wedding . I love reading comments, be a darling.

Read more on sobolation LOVE 101: http://sobolation.com/category/love101/

Re: Love 101: How To Get Your Own Lekki Wedding (part 1) by IamNawty(f): 6:35am On Oct 06, 2016
hmmmm.

Lots of work simply because I want to marry a rich guy.

I better be rich myself
Re: Love 101: How To Get Your Own Lekki Wedding (part 1) by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 06, 2016
Too stressful, so what's the need? undecided
Re: Love 101: How To Get Your Own Lekki Wedding (part 1) by Teespice(f): 6:45am On Oct 06, 2016
the time and energy used in snagging a lekki rich husband would be used in making money and chasing vital things.
Re: Love 101: How To Get Your Own Lekki Wedding (part 1) by LagosdotLife: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2016
Nice. The main point from this is that you also need to work on yourself and be successful. That's the surest way to attract successful people.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Or Madness? / The 6 VERY Best Things About Breaking Up / What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.