Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (32514 Views)

Which Present State Governor Would You Like To Become Nigeria's Next President? / Reconstruction Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Lauretta Onochie Mocks PDP / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by egbesunday: 10:42am On Oct 06, 2016
Peace Mass cited Hmmmm.
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by mare23ayo(m): 10:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Clinton9000:
The bigot Fashola will pretend he doesn't know or see this. 90% of all roads in SE are funded by some useless PPA nonsense. I feel sorry for Igbos. Tomorrow we will be wondering why they want Biafraa. Let them go, you say no, okay make them feel as they belong, you say...what kind of devil are you? Useless country run by wicked bigot. Igbos wake up...Nnamdi Kanu is 100% right!

My friend shut up! Orubebe embezzled 2.2 billion of East west road about that and many more, you all just come here and rant nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by fxskye: 10:44am On Oct 06, 2016
awelekiti:
I disagree with you. Blame politicians in the southeast for the poor state of the roads they currently experience. I could recollect very well during obj 2-term in office. The Enugu-Onitsha expressway was made provision for, in the budget twice but the senators and lawmakers in that region killed it. They diverted the budget voted for the federal roads into their own constituency project that didn't fly a mile. Same scenario played out when Yaradua came to power...jonathan too. Surprisingly, all other regions in the country ensured that road constructions projects as included in the budget for their regions were fully executed. Ife-ilesa expressway was one of such projects in the south west. Okadigbo was senate president when obj first made provision for the budget for the dualisation of onitsha-enugu highway but all the NA members in the region diverted it to their constituency projects. When Anyim Pius Anyim and Ken nnamani were senate president, the same happened. South-eastern politicians are the enemies of that region. They take advantage of the fact that most igbo elites who could have challenged them don't live there, to do whatever they like. When it's time for Christmas when the politicians know people would be coming home to celebrate, they do overnight fire brigade patchup of the roads. They'd provide free bus, free this and free that to prove they're working. When the election period approaches the same politicians will say, don't vote for party xyz because their manifesto isn't in the interest of indigbo. I'm not a politician but I give kudos to amaechi and buhari for fighting the same south-east national assembly members, disallowing them from repeating what their predecessors were known for...diversion of federal projects into constituency projects that will never be executed. Onitsha-enugu resurfaced in the 2016 budget and the morons as usual removed it and diverted it in their constituency project, saying they'd use it for rural solar electrification, same with lagos-calabar railroad...who doesn't know solar system of electricity in our clime is a means of embezzling funds..if at all they'd execute the project? I was surprised that some people of igbo extraction took sides with the NA members from the southeast on their fraudulent plan out of sentiments . I hail the aforementioned, for tackling the NA on this, to its successful end. The portion shown in the pictures above isn't enough. The construction of that road has been flagged off already and the contractor had already commenced work. It would have been also nice to take photograph of the portion where the contractor has started work. After the inclusion of the project in the 2016 capital project, the south east senators continued their fight for their pocket. They said their construction companies must be used to do the job but the government declined their proposal. Julius berger was awarded the contract. Jonathan made this mistake when in government by awarding road projects to the construction companies belonging to the same senators. They eventually abandoned it .

The primary school of tought for the south easterners is MONEY. So, I'm not surprised. Rather than calling their political and traditional leaders to accountability, they result into blaming other regions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by sunsewa16: 10:46am On Oct 06, 2016
Keneking:
Umunya sef...where is Peter Obi sef cry cry

Now he wants to come and become Igbo leader. Nonsense!!!

Two time governor of Anambra State, one time head of government agency under Jonathan's administration. Successor and former head of Col Ojukwus' APGA. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Please discuss (now or never) with Gov. Obiano on how to save this region from imminent collapse and shame.

Useless government

Peter Obi ur albatross,please is high time u stop this hate of Peter Obi.
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by calyto: 10:48am On Oct 06, 2016
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So you guys are now seeing with your korokoro eyes(straight or crossed) that your HERO GEJ is the greatest scammer on earth abi?

You guys were all praising him that he built a 30km road;How then did he forget the south east?
Ehn?

Onitsha to Awka-No road
Awka- 9th mile- No road
9th mile- Obollo Affor- No road
So where exactly are these roads that your HERO built na?
They're not in the north, neither are they in the south. So where exactly are they?

Nobody should even try to blame Fashola o! Shebi now that genuine work is supposed to take place, you guys are encouraging NDA,IPOB and MASSOB to cause chaos,create tension and cripple the economy?
Shebi your crooked igwes who all living in Lagos are collecting monies from Fulani herdsmen and giving them grazing lands illegally which has been causing clashes between natives and herdsmen?

Una welldone..........

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by ogwumgbe: 10:53am On Oct 06, 2016
Clinton9000:

Typical Afonja

The liberation of igbos will start from the igbos knowing who their enemies are. And I bet you the enemies of the igbos are not northerners. Those that do not wish to see any good thing in Igbo land know themselves. Igbos, open your eyes and see your real enemies, stop calling northerners your enemies, they are simply not.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Yyeske(m): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2016
calyto:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So you guys are now seeing with your korokoro eyes(straight or crossed) that your HERO GEJ is the greatest scammer on earth abi?

You guys were all praising him that he built a 30km road;How then did he forget the south east?
Ehn?

Onitsha to Awka-No road
Awka- 9th mile- No road
9th mile- Obollo Affor- No road
So where exactly are these roads that your HERO built na?
They're not in the north, neither are they in the south. So where exactly are they?

Nobody should even try to blame Fashola o! Shebi now that genuine work is supposed to take place, you guys are encouraging NDA,IPOB and MASSOB to cause chaos,create tension and cripple the economy?
Shebi your crooked igwes who all living in Lagos are collecting monies from Fulani herdsmen and giving them grazing lands illegally which has been causing clashes between natives and herdsmen?

Una welldone..........

Very many people knew he was a scam but so ashamed to admit it openly, I've always known him as one and good gracious was among those that booted him out last year. None of them can mention a single road GEJ reconstructed.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by histemple: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2016
saintkash:
what happened to this road so soon? I once heard GEJ my hero fixed this road less than two years ago. ..... chai!!! this is Buhari's fault again. ..this man just dey spoil all GEJ good work...lol

This is the height of mockery and sarcasm. But truly GEJ neglected the whole south.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by histemple: 10:58am On Oct 06, 2016
hisgrace090:

I will neither blame fashola or any other because you people actions ate partetic.
An unrepentant hatters.
Are you wishing for a road repare from govt you are hatng right from their campaigning day? It baffles me.

My best recommendation for you is, to get a copy of Brighter Grammar. It will be helpful.
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by BabaAra2(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2016
How many transport company pay tax as stipulated by law? It's government responsibility to fix the road but the citizen should be responsible too.

mosisnho:
See the state of a federal governmnet road in Nigeria ENUGU/ONITSHA express way as at wednesday 06/10/2016. My pity goes to road transport companies and travellers of this route....

http://www.smartlinkzone.com/2016/10/see-present-state-of-enuguonitsha.html
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by enjoy1100: 11:00am On Oct 06, 2016
Let my people go
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 06, 2016
Yyeske:
That was done just before the election last year and immediately he lost, work stopped, who's deceiving who. Tell me the road GEJ fully reconstructed
hey am not about to engage in oscillatory banter work on that road began 2013 I frequent that road regularly as I school at umuahia so,I should know.the stopped work during the election and began again after naija didn't boil over as many expected. l don't think the road has been abandoned because Arab contractors bought and built an equipment yard/offices in the osisioma axis of the said road.
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by ogwumgbe: 11:06am On Oct 06, 2016
Poweredbreww:

You are going no where, slaves will forever be slaves. You sabi insult those better than you and your loudmouthed gala sellers, few days ago you support Yakasai for saying Yorubas are jealous cos they want restructuring, but still crying that you want to go, nobody is going anywhere. I used to support your Biafra but not anymore. Shameless bigot.

Oh boy, your support for Biafra is irrelevant. No one knows you ok, so stop wasting your energy supporting you can't influence, rather you need to support Tinubu in his fight against being used and dumped
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by obailala(m): 11:07am On Oct 06, 2016
Osmondinho:

Go and reread my post again... slowly this time

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4322304_img20161006101333_pnga13d0a5ece050d5d304d1c73c17b31d9
Haba! if that's the case, then your choice of words were either poor or you deliberately set out to twist information; nobody reads or comprehends things literally. For the sake of an argument you can claim you used the word 'completed', but a road which was over 95% complete shouldn't really be shoved aside as non-existence simply because it wasn't 100%.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by ogwumgbe: 11:11am On Oct 06, 2016
awelekiti:
I disagree with you. Blame politicians in the southeast for the poor state of the roads they currently experience. I could recollect very well during obj 2-term in office. The Enugu-Onitsha expressway was made provision for, in the budget twice but the senators and lawmakers in that region killed it. They diverted the budget voted for the federal roads into their own constituency project that didn't fly a mile. Same scenario played out when Yaradua came to power...jonathan too. Surprisingly, all other regions in the country ensured that road constructions projects as included in the budget for their regions were fully executed. Ife-ilesa expressway was one of such projects in the south west. Okadigbo was senate president when obj first made provision for the budget for the dualisation of onitsha-enugu highway but all the NA members in the region diverted it to their constituency projects. When Anyim Pius Anyim and Ken nnamani were senate president, the same happened. South-eastern politicians are the enemies of that region. They take advantage of the fact that most igbo elites who could have challenged them don't live there, to do whatever they like. When it's time for Christmas when the politicians know people would be coming home to celebrate, they do overnight fire brigade patchup of the roads. They'd provide free bus, free this and free that to prove they're working. When the election period approaches the same politicians will say, don't vote for party xyz because their manifesto isn't in the interest of indigbo. I'm not a politician but I give kudos to amaechi and buhari for fighting the same south-east national assembly members, disallowing them from repeating what their predecessors were known for...diversion of federal projects into constituency projects that will never be executed. Onitsha-enugu resurfaced in the 2016 budget and the morons as usual removed it and diverted it in their constituency project, saying they'd use it for rural solar electrification, same with lagos-calabar railroad...who doesn't know solar system of electricity in our clime is a means of embezzling funds..if at all they'd execute the project? I was surprised that some people of igbo extraction took sides with the NA members from the southeast on their fraudulent plan out of sentiments . I hail the aforementioned, for tackling the NA on this, to its successful end. The portion shown in the pictures above isn't enough. The construction of that road has been flagged off already and the contractor had already commenced work. It would have been also nice to take photograph of the portion where the contractor has started work. After the inclusion of the project in the 2016 capital project, the south east senators continued their fight for their pocket. They said their construction companies must be used to do the job but the government declined their proposal. Julius berger was awarded the contract. Jonathan made this mistake when in government by awarding road projects to the construction companies belonging to the same senators. They eventually abandoned it .

Thanks for this education. It's high time the igbo youth start questioning these greedy government representatives

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by kayo80(m): 11:26am On Oct 06, 2016
tolugar:

How exactly is this buhari's fault.

That was a sarcastic comment.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by higherpower: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2016
Osmondinho:
I will always blame OBJ for the poor state of Federal roads in Southeast.

Throughout his 8yrs in power, there was no federal roads that was completed. GEJ tried his best but he also have part of the blame.

infact.... All the past government never cared about the Igbo's and that is why there is continuous agitation from my people.

U were making sense until de devil himself hijack the buttons to type "GEJ bla bla bla

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by mandax: 11:29am On Oct 06, 2016
Roads in the southeast are usually like that anytime arewa person is in power.
Fulani are the most vindictive people on earth.
Fulani believes that Igbo wants to estrange Fulani from crude oil in the Nigerdelta through Biafra.

Meanwhile, Fulani travel on aircondititioned trains on standard gauge railway lines.
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by enbrainy: 11:30am On Oct 06, 2016
[quote author=Keneking post=49961303]Umunya sef...where is Peter Obi sef cry cry

Now he wants to come and become Igbo leader. Nonsense!!!

Two time governor of Anambra State, one time head of government agency under Jonathan's administration. Successor and former head of Col Otherrwus' APGA. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Please discuss (now or never) with Gov. Obiano on how to save this region from imminent collapse and shame.

Useless government
T
[/quot e]their is no way a particular government will finish all d project in a state peter obi did his best he is not oweing any worker he constucted so many roads so let his successor continue from where he stoped things will get better so stop hating peter obi he did his best
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by fergie001: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2016
Blame APC,Blame PMB.I am Igbo and like GEJ but 1 of d many reasons I disapproved of his rating in the Igbo conclave is dis road.Crossed it whilst I was doing some stuffs @ Unizik,I nearly cried.GEJ had majority of his supporters here and ntn happened to that road.The Anambra State Gov then was alleged to be extremely close 2 him and this Federal Road was like this?In the Igbo land,Anambra and Enugu are his major supporters and this road is like this?
Majority of his Ministers and SAs were here,ntn happened.A replica of most of d roads in the S/E asides a few,are like this.Do you now expect someone u didn't vote 2 do that.Politics is an art of war and not Father Xmas.
I pray for PMB and his Ministers to do this road and many others irrespective of Politics.I am hopeful that Chris Ngige,should not go to fight Obiano and forget that Anambarians would ask him questions the same way they should ask Obi,Oduah and the rest.
Someone will surely come here 2 abuse me but,ask yourself.Would PMB award a contract for rehabilitation or road construction to N/E or N/W region and not follow it up?Food for thoughts.
God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Blue3k(m): 11:34am On Oct 06, 2016
Is that supposed to be road. I seen better roads on a forest walking trail. What kind of madness is this. Unless your driving off road vehicle made for mudding I don't see how any car can navigate this.

Nigeria doesn't have problem building it maintaining. Budget for repair cost no. The politicans and ministry of works wait till road is in disrepair before anyone says let's fix it up.
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by elda2303(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2016
hisgrace090:

I will neither blame fashola or any other because you people actions ate partetic.
An unrepentant hatters.
Are you wishing for a road repare from govt you are hatng right from their campaigning day? It baffles me.

Your stupidity is astounding so its only the people from the SE that ply that road. So dis govt should remain divisive just cos a section of the country didnt support abi people from the sS and sW do not need the road acess parts of the SE where dey live & work. May God help our future as a nation we still have a very long way to go.
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by kedeojo(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Osmondinho:
I will always blame OBJ for the poor state of Federal roads in Southeast.

Throughout his 8yrs in power, there was no federal roads that was completed. GEJ tried his best but he also have part of the blame.

infact.... All the past government never cared about the Igbo's and that is why there is continuous agitation from my people.
they both failed in that regard cos even Gej that you people admonishes couldn't fix any of the federal roads there. Owerri - portharcourt was made passable by Rotimi Ameachi when he was governor before Gej paid back. I put most the blame from your politicians cos they did nothing to channel it to does in concern then, because there were interested in sharing money. Pmb has already awarded contract of two of the federal roads and in due cos work will start and be completed.
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 06, 2016
hisgrace090:

An unrepentant hatters.

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by ManMountain(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
focus7:
Because there's a culture among the Igbos that celebrate evil and degrade excellence, the Igbos will ever remain remain grateful and loyal to their adopted son Azikwue Ebele Badluck Jonathan for leaving them with this type of dividend of democracy as a reward for their support for him for over five years of his rules.

Since the Igbos will never see anything good in good, may they always be rewarded with this type leaderships that will always give them this type of dividends.

To think that Ekweremadu, Nwanbueze and all the Anti-Buhari proponents of today were all part of the Jonathan government for the five years confirmed that the Igbos nation will suffer neglect and deprivation for a long time.

Let their youth keep blaming Buhari, insulting the afonjas and hating Nigerians as much as they could, the fact remains that the Igbos problems lives among them.
[size=15pt]Their leaders who takes advantage of their ignorance to plant hate in them against others to distract their attention while they romance with the same government to quash take care of their own family.[/size]

This is simply the truth.
The politicians and elites in the SE are the greatest error God created.
Another idiot call Kanu is feasting on that huge ignorance in the SE.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by ManMountain(m): 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
mandax:
Roads in the southeast are usually like that anytime arewa person is in power.
Fulani are the most vindictive people on earth.
Fulani believes that Igbo wants to estrange Fulani from crude oil in the Nigerdelta through Biafra.

Meanwhile, Fulani travel on aircondititioned trains on standard gauge railway lines.

Are you then saying that this road was better than this 2 years ago?
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by ManMountain(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
higherpower:

U were making sense until de devil himself hijack the buttons to type "GEJ bla bla bla

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Yes of course, he was making sense when he was blaming OBJ, but immediately he mentioned your hero as part of the problem, he wasn't making sense anymore.
Pathetic, SMH grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by Pchizy: 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
Windway:
Pleas direct this pics to Goodluck jonathan he is an igbo man who loves Igbos and he is a christain pls. dont show it to buhari he hate Igbos and he is and an extrimist. For five years in power this are some.pics of GOODLUCK JONATHANS LEGACY and gifts to Ndi Igbo. Oyeee igbo kwenu hahhahahahahh. Una mother there.

You thought you're making a point, that gave you the effrontery to be insulting people's mother...
You may find it joyous to display such an attitude,,, but it has a lot to speak volumes of whom you're.

A wise one don't just sit down to castigate or laugh at other ppl's plight, rather s/he sees the need for way out, irrespective of the tribe.
Take care
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by vickylincon(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
Yyeske:
In the SE i said
y do your people now like him
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by shaibu123: 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
awelekiti:
You just hit the nail by the head. END OF DISCUSSION
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by tonio2wo: 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2016
saintkash:
what happened to this road so soon? I once heard GEJ my hero fixed this road less than two years ago. ..... chai!!! this is Buhari's fault again. ..this man just dey spoil all GEJ good work...lol
I hate buhari but its not his fault. Past govt are to be blamed from abacha to gej.
Re: Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway by tonio2wo: 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2016
awelekiti:

Lies! Constituency allowance for senators has nothing to do with federal projects. Its d government fault period! Did gej build the almajiri schools from sokoto and kano senators constituency allowance? Abeg swerve. SE has been marginalised after d civil war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Failed Suicide Bomb Attack At The University Of Maiduguri Today (Photos) / Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) / We Have Raised Over ₦10 Million In 24 Hours For Peter Obi Campaign: Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.