Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,938 members, 7,909,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:41 AM

Erisco Foods Limited To Sack 1500 Workers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Erisco Foods Limited To Sack 1500 Workers (649 Views)

My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East / "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods / Sack Farming From Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Erisco Foods Limited To Sack 1500 Workers by eriscofoodsltd: 9:39am On Oct 06, 2016
Erisco Foods Limited has given the Federal Government 30 days to do the right thing by giving the requisite support to indigenous manufactures or else it would relocate its production base to another country.

President and Chief Executive Officer of the company, Chief Eric Umeofia said the relocation of the production base would entail sacking 1500 out of its 2050 workforce.

Addressing a press conference at Erisco Head Office in Lagos, the business mogul blasted government agencies including the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment and the National Agency for Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).

Erisco Foods Limited is the biggest tomato paste manufacturer in Africa and 4th largest in the world.

Umeofia, who said he decided to move his investment worth over US$150millionĀ  from Dubai and Angola to Nigeria, said the operations of the company is being crippled by activities of government agencies.

He said the CBN refused to allocate foreign exchange to local manufacturers while favouring foreign companies.

He said if nothing is done to change the trend within the next 30 days he would immediately relocate his production base from Nigeria and downsize the workforce.

The decision by the Erisco President triggered massive protests by workers of the factory who called on the Federal Government to save local manufacturers.

The placard carrying workers said over 5000 families would suffer if the company makes good its threat to pull out.

Details later....

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/protest-as-erisco-threatens-to-relocate-from-nigeria-sack-1500-workers/165362.html#ozywILycW4pCBpBA.99

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Possibility Of Getting Large Supply Of Irish Potato All Year Round / Battery Cages At 10% Discount For November 2016 / Rabbits For Sale!! !! (life And Grilled)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.