Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,846 members, 7,872,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt (29634 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Poses With Kelechi Iheanacho & His 'Squad' In Imo Govt House.PIC / OWERRI REFUSE: Okorocha Has Subjected Imo People To Torture —REP / Rochas Okorocha Inspects Traditional Guard Of Honour Attached To Imo Govt House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Leopantro: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Most people don't know the politics playing out. Citizens want the market relocated for over 30 years but inconsistency has made Douglas road remain same for decades. I wrote this piece last year when I visited Owerri during the election campaigns.

https://www.nairaland.com/1054852/few-pics-imo-state/177

The reverend priest and all those posting pictures did theirs because they belong to opposition but I did mine in sincerity.

the picture shows you have not been to Douglas recently.
remember my N30,000 bet. this time don't tell me you don't need money.
let me show you that the priest was not in opposition but was showcasing the real situation.
are you ready?

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by passyhansome(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2016
Give Governor Rochas Okorocha and the Chief Press Secretary, CPS, Mr. Samuel Onwuemeodo, Medals of stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by MadCow1: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2016
eaglechild:

We are running a democracy here not some autocracy

The case is in court and the executive must respect that.
They have no right whatsoever to armtwist the people into submission. It is despicable.

It doesn't matter how they feel about it, their duty is to make the best of the court decision whatever it is.

Democracy is not a direct science.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Remii(m): 10:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Wow! So government is now keeping malice against her citizens. Lol

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Abagworo(m): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2016
Leopantro:

the picture shows you have not been to Douglas recently.
remember my N30,000 bet. this time don't tell me you don't need money.
let me show you that the priest was not in opposition but was showcasing the real situation.
are you ready?

The situation has been like that for over 30 years but no priests took pictures of it until Okorochas government decided to take the bl by the horn. As you can see I posted mine just before election and I clearly suggested for removal of all the markets there to allow government reconstruct the road. Read again.

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by ghostmist: 10:02am On Oct 07, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
I gave up on Rochas long time ago, I didn't even know that road is now this bad and yet they have a Governor. I actually blame imo people not Rochas undecided let them suffer for their stupidity
Exactly what I'm saying...

I have no single pity for them. let them suffer for their foolishness and bigotry.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Okeycima: 10:06am On Oct 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Don't write on what you know little or nothing about. Douglas road has been a big problem for successive Goverments and nothing tangible can be done without at least demolishing part of and temporarily relocating all of the markets along that road. Those opposing the reconstruction of Douglas road are doing so out of politics and not interest of Imolites. All the past Governments attempted to reconstruct Douglas and all failed but I believe Okorocha will succeed. Watch out next year how Douglas road will look.
ma man you see where and why I do have issues with you,so because you want to construct a road or add some road to the existing one that means that the whole market have to be relocated?,what happens to relocating the affect line of trade or market as chief achike udenwa did that gave birth to relive market?. My man am so sorry to say this your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.did you know that sometime ago the market people decide to do away with the dirt but there plans was stopped by the state government?.

5 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Okeycima: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Douglas road has never been neat. It is a part of Owerri my grandparents, my parents and I have always avoided plying right from the day I was born till date.
ma man this statement is a big,fat and white lie,the statement suppose to be 'DOGULAS HAS NEVER BEEN SO DIRT LIKE THIS IN THIS DEMOCRACY DISPENSATION'. And my friend you are not from imo state and even it has been proved continually

5 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by ghostmist: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2016
Yyeske:
Okorocha but why? This is not the Owerri we are used to na, why the collective punishment for your people. It's obvious APC will fail in Imo next election
noooo.. I don't want them to fail ooo

since imolites decided to play politics of sentiments, let them continue to reap the dividends.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Okeycima: 10:17am On Oct 07, 2016
Abagworo:

I'm glad you wrote some of the reasons the market should be removed and the road expanded. Ihedioha was not rejected as an Mbaise man but because he campaigned on grounds of being an Mbaise man whereas Mbaise is minority with only 3 LGAs. Okorocha did not campaign on grounds of being an Orlu man despite Orlu being majority with 12 LGAs and Onuimo + Mbaitoli politically affiliated to make it 14 and Ohaji/Egbema subtracted making it 13.

As per Douglas road I believe Okorocha will take the glory in the end.
you why I said you are not from imo state, as you don't know that your god okorocha is not an orlu man rather he is from ideato south which is in orlu senatorial zone, while emeka is from mbaise in owerri zone?

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by alaskido(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2016
This is what happens when you vote for a man who needs a physiological evaluation to his brain and who has also sold his life to the devil. I cant believe this trash is coming out of the mouth of Imo State government. Where is good governance. This Okoro Hausa should take a cue from Governor Ambode of Lagos state.

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by morbeta(m): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2016
The day this OKOROCHA made a billboard of his shaking hands with OBAMA, I knew this man is just a balloon man with baby brain. Last week was militants today is refuse and tomorrow......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Okeycima: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2016
proeast:
Why are you defending madness Rochas lost his thinking faculties a long time ago! Like seriously, did you mention that Mbaise is a minority in Imo state Pls which tribe is more populous than Mbaise in Imo State?? Why would you compare Orlu senatorial zone with Mbaise when the former is not homogenous but comprises several tribes?? Again, when did Ihedioha campaign strictly on the basis of coming from Mbaise? I wonder btw you & Rochas who is worse!
leave that boy wey wan claim to know imo state more than people from it, and in the process embarrassing himself

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Okeycima: 10:28am On Oct 07, 2016
Abagworo:

The situation has been like that for over 30 years but no priests took pictures of it until Okorochas government decided to take the bl by the horn. As you can see I posted mine just before election and I clearly suggested for removal of all the markets there to allow government reconstruct the road. Read again.
ma man it is a lie,if the situation is like this since 30 years or whatever decade you claim then why did imo state at one time win the award for the cleanest state the whole federation?

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by humblemikel(f): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2016
CLEAN AND GREEN INITIATIVE DEAD AND BURIED SINCE 20..
OHAKIM TRIED IN HIS OWN LITTLE WAY, YET NO ONE APPRECIATED
ROCHAS IS TRYING IN HIS OWN LITTLE WAY, STILL NO ONE APPRECIATE
IN CONCLUSION, NO ONE IS PERFECT. SO LETS LEARN TO LIVE AND UNDERSTAND
HOW IMPERFECT HUMANS ARE
ONLY THEN WE CAN STRIVE TO PERFECTION.
MY ADVICE TO THEM, LET THE MARKETERS STOP PAYING THEIR TAX TO THE GOVERNMENT,
INSTEAD LET THE TAX CONTRIBUTION BE USED IN KEEPING THE PLACE CLEAN
IF MOHAMED HAS REFUSE TO GO TO THE MOUNTAIN, THEN LET THE MOUNTAIN GO TO MOHAMED .
LET THE CHANGE START WITH THEM. grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#006600][/color]
PERIOD.....FULL STOP.
Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by AlPeter: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2016
Blue3k:
Impeach this idiot. If he engaged in collective punishment against his own citezens for hurting his feeling. Leaving this much trash is a health risk, tax naira is being collected without the task they were budgeted for being carried out. Nonsense government.

We have literal psychopaths as leaders. Does anyone understand in a democracy how many people are involved to carry out such an order. If buhari wants instant cool points let him jail governor cockroache.This is beyond currupt but crimal and as usual State Assembly sits down passively. They don't care about well being of state. If they do they should impeach him.
I am 101% with you on this, how can a governor act in such a childish way and the clown calling himself CPS could come on line to say those trash. Seriously, this is way more than pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by jumich1(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2016
Philistine:
What do u expect from dirtiest tribe in d country. Very pathetic people

What's this mumu saying? ?

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Abagworo(m): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2016
Okeycima:
ma man you see where and why I do have issues with you,so because you want to construct a road or add some road to the existing one that means that the whole market have to be relocated?,what happens to relocating the affect line of trade or market as chief achike udenwa did that gave birth to relive market?. My man am so sorry to say this your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.did you know that sometime ago the market people decide to do away with the dirt but there plans was stopped by the state government?.

Rochas Okorocha rebuilt and expanded relief market but the street traders on Douglas refused to relocate and you know very well about that.
Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Montaque(m): 10:43am On Oct 07, 2016
We can all see why there is love-lost between ibos and Rochas. Govt deliberately punishing its citizenry.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by jumich1(m): 10:45am On Oct 07, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously Rochas is a criminal i have known for years. .. My elder brother slapped me because i told him this man was a criminal

How can one do charity and spend money to show it for one hour on national tv.. . Monry u can use to help more people??

Imo people rejected emeka ihedioha because he was an mbaise man (same marginalization igbos complain about) so we should enjoy it

But this man has ended APC chance in imo

Imolites rejected Ihedioha not because of where he comes from but because he practically has nothing to offer....All his campaigns were full of propaganda, without a clear cut direction.
Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by nkpommpko(m): 10:47am On Oct 07, 2016
Please a want to read this book. Then maybe write a sequel
Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Okeycima: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Rochas Okorocha rebuilt and expanded relief market but the street traders on Douglas refused to relocate and you know very well about that.
ok now is street traders and not the whole market again?, you and your daddy rochas should continue deceiving the gullible?

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by obailala(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2016
Yyeske:
Okorocha but why? This is not the Owerri we are used to na, why the collective punishment for your people. It's obvious APC will fail in Imo next election
Douglas road has always been a mess since forever, I still cant understand why that old market cannot be relocated somewhere else and the road decongested and cleaned, Oshodi comes to mind.

I don't understand this concept of leaving an ever increasing mountain of refuse as a protest by the authorities though, and what I find even more bizarre is a government official going public to make this statement (that's if this report is true anyway).

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by penukz2015(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Don't write on what you know little or nothing about. Douglas road has been a big problem for successive Goverments and nothing tangible can be done without at least demolishing part of and temporarily relocating all of the markets along that road. Those opposing the reconstruction of Douglas road are doing so out of politics and not interest of Imolites. All the past Governments attempted to reconstruct Douglas and all failed but I believe Okorocha will succeed. Watch out next year how Douglas road will look.

[color=#990000][/color]pls shut up..

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by ensamy(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2016
They were never elected by the people otherwise they can't make such stupid statement knowing that
the people will remove them from office.
This is an Evidence of rigged election .

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by penukz2015(m): 11:07am On Oct 07, 2016
Okeycima:
ok now is street traders and not the whole market again?, you and your daddy rochas should continue deceiving the gullible?

[color=#770077][/color]please don't mind this roach son agboro or... All the roads leading to relief market re not accessible

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Abagworo(m): 11:08am On Oct 07, 2016
Okeycima:

I have never met Rochas but truth has been my stand devoid of media manipulation. Read this from 2012.

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/10/15/details-from-governor-rochas-okorochas-meeting-with-street-traders-in-owerri/

Last Thursday, October 11, 2012, His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha once again showed his humility and respect for the real sovereign in Democracy when he walked from Amajieke to Emmanuel College.

The outing was rather to talk to the people directly on the need to leave street trading and to create room for free flowing traffic, re-opening of the drainage facilities, creating walk ways, and making Douglas once again the access and a bypass of a sort it used to be and of course with other necessary repairs.

Meanwhile, Governor Okorocha, did not make a request without an alternative arrangement for the traders. He directed the traders that do not have any shop to move to Relief Markets as there are many unoccupied shops at the Relief Market. He further agreed with the tire dealers to move to the old Stadium temporarily to de-congest those areas and also create a one stop market for vehicle wheels and tire.

What matters more is the direct contact with the people and the discussions they had with Governor and in appreciation, they gave their blessing to the project.
Isn’t that a redefinition of Governance and relationship mode between the Governor and the governed? Food for thought…
Uche Onwuchekwa
Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Okeycima: 11:16am On Oct 07, 2016
Abagworo:

I have never met Rochas but truth has been my stand devoid of media manipulation. Read this from 2012.

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/10/15/details-from-governor-rochas-okorochas-meeting-with-street-traders-in-owerri/

Last Thursday, October 11, 2012, His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha once again showed his humility and respect for the real sovereign in Democracy when he walked from Amajieke to Emmanuel College.

The outing was rather to talk to the people directly on the need to leave street trading and to create room for free flowing traffic, re-opening of the drainage facilities, creating walk ways, and making Douglas once again the access and a bypass of a sort it used to be and of course with other necessary repairs.

Meanwhile, Governor Okorocha, did not make a request without an alternative arrangement for the traders. He directed the traders that do not have any shop to move to Relief Markets as there are many unoccupied shops at the Relief Market. He further agreed with the tire dealers to move to the old Stadium temporarily to de-congest those areas and also create a one stop market for vehicle wheels and tire.

What matters more is the direct contact with the people and the discussions they had with Governor and in appreciation, they gave their blessing to the project.
Isn’t that a redefinition of Governance and relationship mode between the Governor and the governed? Food for thought…
Uche Onwuchekwa
ma man I will be back for you

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Abagworo(m): 11:19am On Oct 07, 2016
The truth is that no government official even made that statement being alleged by Vanguard. What Government official said is that there is an injuction refraining Government from touching the market and its environments.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by fm4real2k6(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2016
wow this is insane.
I'm sure the worst governor in South West can't even try this.
He's dead.

Honestly, Igbo need serious internal clean up before talking Biafra. I can't imagine you guys have your Biafra with people like Rocha's mentality.

Well as a Yoruba man, I am looking forward to either Igbo having their Biafra or we have Regional government. Its high time.
#RealignmentOfForces
#OmoOdua

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt by Abagworo(m): 11:23am On Oct 07, 2016
Okeycima:
ma man I will be back for you

You know the truth about how Douglas area has been a serious challenge for every Imo Government. Okorocha couldn't do much in his 1st term being an opposition Governor but I implore him to use every power possible to make sure Douglas road is upgraded to a befitting standard. If I were him I would have long started wirk on the road blocking vehicular movement completely. He is just too kind and has pity on the lawless traders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed / Orji Uzor Kalu Pictured With Omisore, Says It Is Well / I Was Freer In Nigeria Than In India – El-zakzaky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.