Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

So Much For Civil Defence (Nigerian Police Force & Civil Defence Saga) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / So Much For Civil Defence (Nigerian Police Force & Civil Defence Saga) (984 Views)

Suspected Robber Faking 'madness' Arrested By Civil Defence Corps In Imo (photo) / Civil Defence Officer Shoots Police Sergeant, Kills Driver In Jigawa (Graphic) / See Robbers That Killed Policeman & Civil Defence Officer Arrested By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Much For Civil Defence (Nigerian Police Force & Civil Defence Saga) by kingsley939: 2:13am On Oct 07, 2016
So the other day I was coming home from an awesome outing with a friend, smiles and all, I boarded a taxi back to school to kickback and imagine that the day would start all over again. But as this "bad belle" world would have it, an annoying incident just had to burst my bubble. There was a terrible gridlock on the way. Not like it was anything new to be stuck in traffic on Mayne Avenue at 6:45pm, but it seemed to take so much longer than usual to get out of the area.

The taxi I was in finally managed to get close enough to see what was going on. I think I would have been more forgiving if the delay was caused by a careless truck driver who had caused an accident or if BokoHaram had bombed the area. But it was really annoying to find out that the Civil Defence were carrying out a so called "search" on all the vehicles for "security reasons". The drill which included; poking their heads into the car, speaking with the driver to find out whether he had all his "particulars", and if he didn't, he should be able to pay a little sum, but if he did have all his "particulars", he would have to park his vehicle at the side of the road for thorough searching, seemed to go on for hours.

Now that wasn't even the major cause of my annoyance. A police man seemed to have done something wrong to someone (as usual) and a woman decided to stand up for the person. She shouted at him and he threatened to hit her if she didn't keep quiet. She kept shouting and urging him to come and do his worst. He moved towards her and gave her a lash with the whip he was holding. I guess everyone was as stunned as I was, including the lady, because for a while, everywhere seemed to be very silent. The woman stared at him for a while and then began to take off her earrings and bangles. She threw them on the ground, moved towards the man and held him by the shirt. He kept whipping her and his other colleagues joined him in beating her up. They hurled her into their van and drove away and the rest is history.

Civil Defence? More like Civil Offence. A police official assaulting a civilian first? Are we really safe in this country? I didn't want to bring up the issue of men beating up women but i guess i just have to. I must say, I'm pretty disappointed in his so called manhood. What was he, or what were they thinking, beating up a lady like that. Now, I'm not saying this just because I'm a woman too but honestly, I don't think there's any point in showing off how strong you are by beating up a woman. I mean, it's just as good as taking a Primary 1 mathematics test to show how good you are at Maths when you're in final year in the Maths and Statistics department. If you want to show some strength, find some Bruce Lee to punch in the face, then we'll know how powerful you really are. Men are meant to protect the women and not turn them into punching bags.

Let's face it; women only run their mouths when they feel threatened (it's the bitter truth, girls). She definitely can't beat you up like she says she can. You just need to know how to apply wisdom in dealing with her.

So back to our "civil Defence" people. I keep wondering what the problem really is. Is it lack of training? Poor salaries? Lack of conscience? Lack of sense? No passion for the job? What is the matter?! It really hurts when I watch a foreign movie and I see people dialling 911 with so much assurance that someone is coming to their rescue but in my own country, no one even cares to know what the helpline number is, not only because it is too long, but because there is really no help along the line. I don't blame people who take matters into their own hands because there's no other hand to put the matter into. You watch CSI Miami and New York and you see the police risking their lives for their people. Some may say it's just the theatre but believe me, at least 75% of all that is real.

I keep wondering; what if I was being kidnapped and I reach a check point with all hopes that I'm going to be saved, and then the driver just hands my saviour a 50 Naira bill, and drives off, is that how it will end?
I try my best not to criticize my country as much as I can because I believe that every group has its issues but it's their ability to solve these issues that matters. I also believe that Nigeria can become better than it is and that the mindsets of every Nigerian can change too. People tend to forget that Nigeria is not the President but Nigeria is the people. The people need to become the change they want to see in Nigeria. I'm making changes in my little sphere and I'm writing this so that you can help me too.

Via: https://www.slika.ng/literature/satire/much-civil-defence.html
Re: So Much For Civil Defence (Nigerian Police Force & Civil Defence Saga) by chachanga: 5:31am On Oct 07, 2016
As per those Civil Defence boys, if only OP had been able to get some pictorial or video evidence, a brief visit to their State Command would have seen to their reprimand or dismissal.

They still have compliant leaders who want no trouble and seek no bad-press but those their newly armed squad boys "ginger-up" way too much for good health or the job, for that matter.
Re: So Much For Civil Defence (Nigerian Police Force & Civil Defence Saga) by legendarystar: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2016
Re: So Much For Civil Defence (Nigerian Police Force & Civil Defence Saga) by dnawah(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2016
kingsley939:

Via: https://www.slika.ng/literature/satire/much-civil-defence.html
this 9ja and most of them no go scool & no get common sense.not everybody that know this"the best way to fight a woman is by ur hat,grab it and run away."
Re: So Much For Civil Defence (Nigerian Police Force & Civil Defence Saga) by kingsley939: 12:06am On Oct 09, 2016
chachanga:
As per those Civil Defence boys, if only OP had been able to get some pictorial or video evidence, a brief visit to their State Command would have seen to their reprimand or dismissal.

They still have compliant leaders who want no trouble and seek no bad-press but those their newly armed squad boys "ginger-up" way too much for good health or the job, for that matter.
True talk

(1) (Reply)

74-yr-old Arrested For Defiling Two Girls With Photo / So Bad! Girlfriend Blindfolds Lover During S*x And Cuts Off His Manhood All Beca / See How A Soldier Was Publicly Humiliated By A Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.