Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,450 members, 7,897,905 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 10:17 PM

Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? (876 Views)

Is The Genesis Statement Of Adam Ruling Over Eve God's Perfect Will? / Forsake Revenge & Judgment For God's Perfect Justice / God's Perfect Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by jagunlabi(m): 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2009
If so,why does "he" need our love so desperately?
Why does he need to be worshipped by us so desperately?
Why does he need praises from us so desperately?
Why does he need sacrifices so much?

I don't know about you but this deity(Jehovah/Yahweh/Allah) is way too NEEDY to be self-sustaining or perfect.He is extremely dependent on humans to get whatever it is that he needs,or else why would "he" need all these things.
So the conclusion has to be that, HE IS LIMITED,HENCE IMPERFECT.And if he can be imperfect,so can we.
Comments,please. smiley
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by KunleOshob(m): 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2009
Jagun, you wan start your wahala again abi!!!!!! smiley
The truth is that man cannever really know God in this life. Various religions have tried to put God in a box they can understand but i believe God is way beyond our comprehension. It is my opinion that a lot of things we hold dear and express as worship are Just man's way of glorifying the almighty. And some of these practises found there way into scripture and presented as God's word by overzealous priests. The same still goes on today where men still continue to present there words as the "word of God" claiming God spoke to them by revelation. This is still very common in the pentcostal fold.
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by DeepSight(m): 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2009
jagunlabi:

If so,why does "he" need our love so desperately?
Why does he need to be worshipped by us so desperately?
Why does he need praises from us so desperately?
Why does he need sacrifices so much?

What exactly gives you the impression that GOD requires any of these?
Is it not you men who have been falling over one another to give HIM these? Is it not you men who have been killing one another in HIS name, demanding that your fellow man should do these things in the way that YOU apprehend is right?

What has the primordial uncaused-cause of all existence to do with these trifles? Tell me?

Do you doubt that even now, billions of new universes are being spawned into existence outside our universe and outside our apprehension of Space and Time? If so, what makes you think that the PRIME MOVER OF THESE THINGS would be waiting for people on Earth to praise HIM?

Do you have any concept of how miniscule the Earth is within this universe alone?

Even the sun, does not require our praise to exist, not to talk about the Milky-Way Galaxy, not to talk about the Cluster of 100 Billion Galaxies that it belongs to, not to talk about the trillions of such clusters out there, and not to talk about all the universes out there, and not to talk about the non-physical realms in exiustence. . .

And you dare presume that the PRIMORDIAL CAUSE of ALL these things, requires anything from you miniscule earthling ants

Wake up!
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by jagunlabi(m): 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2009
It is not my personal impression,deepsight,so chill out.It is the impressions of religious folks and i am not religious.
I also believe and know that the creator of the universe does not need all these things.So the questions now are as follows;
-Why do various religious communities worldwide do these acts?
-Why are these acts so central to their respective religions?
-If the creator of the universe is not in need of these acts,then who or what exactly are these folks directing these acts at?
-Haven't religious folks been misled into accepting lesser beings who actually need these acts as the creator of the universe?
Deep Sight:

What exactly gives you the impression that GOD requires any of these?
Is it not you men who have been falling over one another to give HIM these? Is it not you men who have been killing one another in HIS name, demanding that your fellow man should do these things in the way that YOU apprehend is right?

What has the primordial uncaused-cause of all existence to do with these trifles? Tell me?

Do you doubt that even now, billions of new universes are being spawned into existence outside our universe and outside our apprehension of Space and Time? If so, what makes you think that the PRIME MOVER OF THESE THINGS would be waiting for people on Earth to praise HIM?

Do you have any concept of how miniscule the Earth is within this universe alone?

Even the sun, does not require our praise to exist, not to talk about the Milky-Way Galaxy, not to talk about the Cluster of 100 Billion Galaxies that it belongs to, not to talk about the trillions of such clusters out there, and not to talk about all the universes out there, and not to talk about the non-physical realms in exiustence. . .

And you dare presume that the PRIMORDIAL CAUSE of ALL these things, requires anything from you miniscule earthling ants

Wake up!
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by jagunlabi(m): 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2009
I can relate with your standpoint,kunle,but the major world religions were built on these acts since millenia. It did not start in modern times,definitely not by pentecostals.
KunleOshob:

Jagun, you wan start your wahala again abi!!!!!! smiley
The truth is that man cannever really know God in this life. Various religions have tried to put God in a box they can understand but i believe God is way beyond our comprehension. It is my opinion that a lot of things we hold dear and express as worship are Just man's way of glorifying the almighty. And some of these practises found there way into scripture and presented as God's word by overzealous priests. The same still goes on today where men still continue to present there words as the "word of God" claiming God spoke to them by revelation. This is still very common in the pentcostal fold.
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by KunleOshob(m): 9:06am On Oct 19, 2009
@Jagunlabi/ deepsight
I once wacthed an interview by bart erhman [A renowned Theologian and new testament critique] in which he claimed that the God who created life on earth is different from the God who created the universe and he actually tried to justify it from scripture even though i don't remember the scriptures he quoted any more. I would like to know your opinions on this postulations.
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by mazaje(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2009
KunleOshob:

@Jagunlabi/ deepsight
I once wacthed an interview by bart erhman [A renowned Theologian and new testament critique] in which he claimed that the God who created life on earth is different from the God who created the universe and he actually tried to justify it from scripture even though i don't remember the scriptures he quoted any more. I would like to know your opinions on this postulations.

It is my understanding that Barth Erhman does not believe in any god so whay should he make such a claim? It might be that he was just throwing a suggestion out there and you misinterpreted it to mean something else. . . . .
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by KunleOshob(m): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2009
mazaje:

It is my understanding that Barth Erhman does not believe in any god so whay should he make such a claim? It might be that he was just throwing a suggestion out there and you misinterpreted it to mean something else. . . . .

You are very wrong here bart erhman is a bible scholar even though he is also a bible critique. What he did was to abandon mainstream christianity becos of the inconsistensies he perceived both in doctrines and texts that make up the bible. He has never denied the existience of God or the divinity of Jesus. For more on him you can chrck here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by mazaje(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2009
KunleOshob:

You are very wrong here bart erhman is a bible scholar even though he is also a bible critique. What he did was to abandon mainstream christianity becos of the inconsistensies he perceived both in doctrines and texts that make up the bible. He has never denied the existience of God or the divinity of Jesus. For more on him you can chrck here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman

Are you sure about this? In his very popular debate with willam craig he clearly said that he does not believe in the divinity of jesus. . . you can look it up on youtube(Barth Erhman debates William Lane Criag)
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by KunleOshob(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2009
mazaje:

Are you sure about this? In his very popular debate with willam craig he clearly said that he does not believe in the divinity of jesus. . . you can look it up on youtube(Barth Erhman debates William Lane Criag)

You may be right that he does not believe in Jesus divinity however from his interviews i have heard from he holds Jesus in very high esteem and someone with divine knowledge. His problem with christianity is that he believes that the bible has been corrupted by the early christian scribes, thus we don't have an accurate version of the scriptures with us any more cause the original manuscripts are now missing.
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by jagunlabi(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2009
KunleOshob:

@Jagunlabi/ deepsight
I am of the same opinion as well . . . for now(nothing definite here 'cos i might be wrong). Bart ehrman might be talking about the possibility of a group of beings who might have teraformed this planet.That is a possibility since we humans, with our still primitive technology and science, are also contemplating doing the same thing on other planets. A civilization that is hundreds of thousands,if not millions of years ahead of us could also have done it with the greatest of ease.
The annunakis(the Elohim),for example, are known in mythology to be masters of genetic engineering who are hundreds of thousands of years ahead of us. They might have easily seeded this planet after the last cataclysm.
The head of that group of aliens(or humanoids) is one of the hottest candidate for the godbeing known in the bible as Yahweh/Jehovah.
But since all these possible mythical characters exist physically within the universe,they are nothing more than the creations of the supreme creator of the universe which remains impartial in all things.
If you watch the last video link i gave in one of these threads of a docu that made a difference between "the gods" and the creator,the perspective is very close to mine.I found the docu and it's content very very compellin,indeed.
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by DeepSight(m): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2009
jagunlabi:

I am of the same opinion as well . . . for now(nothing definite here 'cos i might be wrong). Bart ehrman might be talking about the possibility of a group of beings who might have teraformed this planet.That is a possibility since we humans, with our still primitive technology and science, are also contemplating doing the same thing on other planets. A civilization that is hundreds of thousands,if not millions of years ahead of us could also have done it with the greatest of ease.
The annunakis(the Elohim),for example, are known in mythology to be masters of genetic engineering who are hundreds of thousands of years ahead of us. They might have easily seeded this planet after the last cataclysm.
The head of that group of aliens(or humanoids) is one of the hottest candidate for the godbeing known in the bible as Yahweh/Jehovah.
But since all these possible mythical characters exist physically within the universe,they are nothing more than the creations of the supreme creator of the universe which remains impartial in all things.
If you watch the last video link i gave in one of these threads of a docu that made a difference between "the gods" and the creator,the perspective is very close to mine.I found the docu and it's content very very compellin,indeed.

I am pleased to see that you accept that even if this planet was engineered by advanced material beings, there woud still exist the ultimate creator of all finite existence . . .
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by KunleOshob(m): 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2009
jagunlabi:

Could you repost the video link here? I don't think i saw it.
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by jagunlabi(m): 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2009
I have never disputed that,deep sight.What i dispute is that christians,muslims and jews have been trying for ages to link their finite god(s) that they worship with the universal creator.That is a big big error and i dispute that vehemently.
Deep Sight:

I am pleased to see that you accept that even if this planet was engineered by advanced material beings, there woud still exist the ultimate creator of all finite existence . . .
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by jagunlabi(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2009
There you go, http://www.lenonhonorfilms.com/thecreator.html
KunleOshob:

Could you repost the video link here? I don't think i saw it.
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by vocalist(f): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2009
yes of course, the God that i know is perfect, and self sustaining, he still need ur worship and adoration, does not require ur maoney becos all these are store in heaven,

But even if you refuse to praise and worship Him, He raise up stone to worship Him
Re: Is God Perfect,Self-Sustaining? by jagunlabi(m): 2:22pm On Oct 20, 2009
vocalist:

yes of course, the God that i know is perfect, and self sustaining, he still need your worship and adoration, does not require your maoney becos all these are store in heaven,

But even if you refuse to praise and worship Him, He raise up stone to worship Him
Obviously if "he" still needs to be worshipped and be adored(a need for adulation), then "he" is neither perfect nor self-sustaining.
According to you, your god is so in need of worship that "he" has to raise up stones(!) to do that.Wow! "He" sure is one desperately needy deity.
NO,he is neither perfect nor self-sustaining,sorry. grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't The Mohammedans Stay In Their Quarters? / Happy Easter 2011. / When was the last time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.