Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,734 members, 7,875,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

Dalung :the President Has Approve Funds For Zambia Trip - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dalung :the President Has Approve Funds For Zambia Trip (439 Views)

Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss / Super Eagles Depart Nigeria For Zambia [photos] / BREAKING NEWS: New FIFA President Has Just Been Elected! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dalung :the President Has Approve Funds For Zambia Trip by cheapgoal: 3:31am On Oct 08, 2016
Dalung said in Abuja yesterday to dismiss the media reports that the NFF did not have funds to fly the National team for the crucial World Cup Qualifier.

"Our international obligations which include bonuses and insurance among others have been sorted out despite the fact that we face economic challenges. Yes, we are facing economic challenges. But the President has been quite supportive. On Sunday, I could not go to church. I had to sit to draft a memo which was taken to the president on Sunday. He approved it for funds to be provided for the team to travel, that is how serious this government takes sports," he said.

Dalung also dismissed the insinuation that the paralympians had not been rewarded.

He said: "It is not correct for anybody to assert that they have not been rewarded when he has not done the job of verification very well. The reward for paralympians was automatic. I supervised the payment of bonuses of $5,000 for gold medalists, $3,000 for silver medalists and $2,000 for bronze medalists. So, those raising the issue that they had not been compensated may not be aware.

"Even, Yakubu, who had a world record, but due to administrative lapses, was unable to be presented to defend his medal, I insisted that it will be unjust to exclude him from those who have got medals. His record was not even beaten by the person who took the medal. The difference was that he was not presented by the country.

"So, I instructed that he must also get $5000 as a gold medalist. So, it is not correct to say that they have not been compensated," the minister also said.

http://cheapgoals.com/dalung-the-president-has-approve-funds-for-zambia-trip
Re: Dalung :the President Has Approve Funds For Zambia Trip by jamesharryson(m): 3:44am On Oct 08, 2016
lies everywhere. Let what they did to these guys in d world cup not repeat again
Re: Dalung :the President Has Approve Funds For Zambia Trip by cheapgoal: 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
And what was that

(1) (Reply)

Magical Messi Returns For FC Barcelona / Every Thing About Golf / Ronaldo Stuns In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.