Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,312 members, 7,971,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:56 PM

List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics (42248 Views)

Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
I was in the rain running to somewhere on getting to the place am going proximity sensor problem on develop on my Gionee M3 Mini i dont know maybe the cause was the rain that wet the phone is now always stuck as if i close it with pouch meanwhile i didn't not close it with pouch pls how can i solve this problem because i don't have any access to operate on the phone anymore screeshot below
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Manred0(m): 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
piagetskinner:
Teckno nko
tekno na Phone
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Electronzeez(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
divineshare:

Your phone can browse on 4G LTE speed when connected to 4G LTE devices lite Spectranet, Smile abd Cyberspace.

But for you phone to act as a direct device itself it must be a voLTE phone.

[/b]And as a voLTE device you can even insert your Spectranet/Smile/Cyberspace sim directly into it and browse without an external device[b].

Therefore you weren't scammed.

YOUR HAVING THE CAPABILITY TO CONNECT TO A 4G LTE DEVICE IS ONE THING AND FOR THE SAME PHONE TO BE A 4G LTE AGENT IS ANOTHER THING.

I have tried to explain this with a very elementary terminologies.

I want to also add that there are differentials in bands just as it is in GSM.

Odiegwu , is this what voLTE stand for ? undecided
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by FreshBoss007: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ryocaj:
Team Microsoft... nowo e soke... my brand is there.. but.. i no b fan of glo...
ogbeni... your brand is there but I sure say your phone no dey lol
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Electronzeez(m): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
Iamtosignno:
I was in the rain running to somewhere on getting to the place am going proximity sensor problem on develop on my Gionee M3 Mini i dont know maybe the cause was the rain that wet the phone is now always stuck as if i close it with pouch meanwhile i didn't not close it with pouch pls how can i solve this problem because i don't have any access to operate on the phone anymore screeshot below

Here is my analysis, when it rain and the glass of a car is all shut On .there is a kind of fog that generate inside the car preventing you from seeing clearly through the windshield or the glass of that car.

That is exactly what must have happened to the proximity window of your device ,the proximity sensor cant see clear through the proximity window . Another possible thing is that water had gotten in to the proximity sensor ,short circuiting its inter circuitry that stops it from toggling from its previous state .

Solution : get a technical person to clean the proximity window or change the proximity sensor itself for you .

Regards..
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by kaakaa1(m): 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S4 na Mine has a 4G network just wanna be sure
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by divineshare(m): 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
Electronzeez:

Odiegwu , is this what voLTE stand for ? undecided

Yes!!!!!! Your smile and Spectranet sims works perfectly on a Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) enable phones.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by JayJustus(m): 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
y'll don't need any network to tell you what phone supports their 4G network...

just know that Glo runs on band 28 (700) and if your phone supports that then you're good to go if not the rest is history...but glo is phucking stopppppppppppppppppppid for using that uncommon band for low cost phones and this is why MTN and Etisalat will dominate as they run on band 7 (2600) and band 3 (1800) respectively which is very common like my phone supports both but not Glo (Xiaomi redmi 3)

okay, bye
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Electronzeez(m): 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
divineshare:

Yes!!!!!! Your smile and Spectranet sims works perfectly on a Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) enable phones.

Okay I understand you now but does it mean spectranet has voLTE features or just LTE.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Kcinho(m): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
So my Samsung Galaxy tab S2 SM-T815 no follow abi the LTE feature on it is for fancy
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by divineshare(m): 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
Electronzeez:

Okay I understand you now but does it mean spectranet has voLTE features or just LTE.

The voLTE is for Smile and LTE Spectranet that explains why Spectranet sims works even on Samsung J5.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Ugogenius(m): 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
Can anything good come out of isreal

Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by seunlayi(m): 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Where my Gionee M3 Mini in the lists undecided
Lamtosigno, they will upgrade it
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Ademoore07(m): 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
Incomplete list. All blackberry 10 devices with software update 10.3.3 supports 4G LTE network. So many samsung devices such as SM-A510 and other galaxies A do support it. Tecno Phantom6, Gionee M9, Sony Xperia X also supports 4G LTE. In summary, 80% of 2016 made smart phones are supported. Also, some old complex smart phone makers incorporated the 4G network parameters in their newest update.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by mecussey(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
wristbangle:
For those who wants to know which phones can support GLO LTE network, check out the list on the screenshots below.

some pple are disappointed already, sales will drop
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Onyemaboy(m): 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2016
Mercie97:
oh really
no Tecno phone sef, but my phone supposedly supports 4g network and it's not even listed or has China tricked me once again undecided

Maybe!
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by khaniku(m): 8:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ademoore07:
Incomplete list. All blackberry 10 devices with software update 10.3.3 supports 4G LTE network. So many samsung devices such as SM-A510 and other galaxies A do support it. Tecno Phantom6, Gionee M9, Sony Xperia X also supports 4G LTE. In summary, 80% of 2016 made smart phones are supported. Also, some old complex smart phone makers incorporated the 4G network parameters in their newest update.
They support 4G quite alright. But do they support the 4G band/frequency Glo uses, NO! Glo uses the band 28, which most of those phones don't support. The galaxy A series has different variant for different regions and the variant that has band 28 is the SM-A510Y, which is for Taiwan. Nigeria we get the global/duos variant SM-A510FD or A710FD depends on which of the A series and those variants don't support band 28.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
stephany007:
the reason why apple and samsung is well respected is because they are well prepared for all form of network all over the world. my ipad air 2 supports all the available 4G LTE currently available in nigeria.

But iPhone 4s is not listed there
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ugogenius:
Can anything good come out of isreal

The saying goes as: 'can anything good come from Nazareth'. Not Israel. That remark was made by Nathanael to Philip about Jesus Christ. He later became a disciple and later made an apostle.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Ryocaj(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
FreshBoss007:

ogbeni... your brand is there but I sure say your phone no dey lol
odigba te ba te ki ara yin to bale... Microsoft 550 na 4G.. na wetin i dey use... So mi
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by RalphVwede(m): 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2016
No tecno c9?
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by stephany007: 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
AgricSalt:

But iPhone 4s is not listed there
that is 2011 phone now most of the phone of that same year have majorly 3g not even 4g talk more of supporting all bands

1 Like

Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by oloet: 11:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
thunder fire glo
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by PROWESX(m): 12:15am On Oct 09, 2016
Plasmbob1:
All I see is iPad iPhone and iPod.

Glo And sluggish network be like... Please help me with that pics cheesy
this

1 Like

Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by SonOFaGun(m): 12:43am On Oct 09, 2016
wristbangle:
For those who wants to know which phones can support GLO LTE network, check out the list on the screenshots below.

Am using HTC e8 which is like in between m8 and m9 and its 4G will it also work with glo ?
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by donhils: 6:17am On Oct 09, 2016
This can never be the complete list of phones that support 28 Band LTE available in Nigeria.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Edum13656: 6:21am On Oct 09, 2016
fellow Nigerians/Biafrans, don't bother urselves soon and very soon they will be begging u to use Nokia 105 on 4G for free. na so new things de be for 9ja.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Edum13656: 6:23am On Oct 09, 2016
ipob nko?
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Osyxcel(m): 7:42am On Oct 09, 2016
divineshare:

Your phone can browse on 4G LTE speed when connected to 4G LTE devices lite Spectranet, Smile abd Cyberspace.

But for you phone to act as a direct device itself it must be a voLTE phone.

And as a voLTE device you can even insert your Spectranet/Smile/Cyberspace sim directly into it and browse without an external device.

Therefore you weren't scammed.

YOUR HAVING THE CAPABILITY TO CONNECT TO A 4G LTE DEVICE IS ONE THING AND FOR THE SAME PHONE TO BE A 4G LTE AGENT IS ANOTHER THING.

I have tried to explain this with a very elementary terminologies.

I want to also add that there are differentials in bands just as it is in GSM.

You can use Smile, Spectranet, Swift or Ntel if your phone is LTE enabled and support all bands. You can browse with them but cannot make data calls (voice over LTE) with them, except for Smile & Ntel (supports VoLTE). Even then, your phone must support VoLTE for you to be able to make data calls.

Smile uses band 20, which is only supported by few phones. That's probably why only few phones can use it.

For now, I think only Smile and Ntel supports VoLTE. Don't know about all MTN, GLO or Airtel tho.

If your phone supports LTE but not VoLTE, you can still make calls over LTE if your network provider (that supports VoLTE) has an app for that e.g SmileVoice from Smile and Ntel VOX from Ntel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by ollah2: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2016
donhils:
This can never be the complete list of phones that support 28 Band LTE available in Nigeria.

S7 edge supports all the bands
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by donhils: 8:59am On Oct 09, 2016
ollah2:

S7 edge supports all the bands
....and costs almost 300k.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by ollah2: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2016
donhils:

....and costs almost 300k.

But it's in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread / Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? / How Appealing Is Your Phone? Check This Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.