Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,274 members, 7,891,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:44 AM

Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? (6227 Views)

Poll: I Prefer:

Ngige: 40% (66 votes)
Soludo: 30% (51 votes)
Obi: 29% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 19, 2009
The only reason I registered during the voters’ registration was for a chance to vote for Soludo and my reasons are simple: The Guy has credibility, both nationally and internationally. What happened with CBN was not his fault. He succeeded in strengthening the banking industries and the only reason the debt wahala happened was because Nigerians are fraudulent and greedy and that extended to the banking industries. In a bid to survive the strict environment they were forced to operate on, they resorted to trickery and stealing. SOLUDO DID NOT CAUSE THAT!

Ngige did well while he was in power, but that was only because he had to. He’s still a criminal and a liar and personally, I’ll prefer Peter Obi to remain than for him to come back.

Peter Obi might be the most frugal Governor the State has ever had but has administration had failed woefully to deliver to the people that voted him in. The quality of his work is not only bad but degrading. He’s slow, he’s indecisive, he doesn’t listen to the people and he governs like the Government house is his father’s house. First of all, a good government has to be accountable, participatory, responsive and time-bound.

It took a ghastly accident and the lives of 70 people for the Governor to realize that Onitsha-Awka road was a death-trap. Granted it’s a federal road, but there are ways to make a road safe without going into serious construction. I wonder why 70 people had to die for his to see that.

He gives out funds without a structure, like it’s his father’s money. You don’t give a money Community without an agenda just for the sake of it. it not only encourages corruption, it gives the impression that you are buying people with the government’s money. That’s sad!!

I think Peter Obi has shown in four year what he is capable of and based on my assessment, he doesn’t deserve a second chance.

Now I have read Soludo’s manifesto and that is exactly what good governance is all about. Democracy!! Citizens participation, accountability and so on. I believe him because he has credibility. I believe he can change Anambra State more that Peter Obi or Ngige. Nigee can always wait and come back after Soludo. Anambarians need more than good roads now.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by KnowAll(m): 10:17am On Oct 19, 2009
If I was an Anambra, I will choose Ngige, If he can achieve what Obi did with half the revenue Obi received going by what each individual achieved within a 33 months period then Ngige gets my vote.

My appetite and that of a lot of Anambrians will be salivating and thinking of what else is this forward thinking gentleman going to put unto the table, a susprise we are too eager to unravel in the next 4 years.

Soludo on the other hand is trying desperately to take cover from the incessant fire from investigation from down under (Australia ), the immunity that comes with being a Governor will be a relief to him, with the N20 polymer contract brewing up and his name mentioned several times, the earlier he gets into the Governor’s mansion the safer for him.

Unfortunately I am not an Anambrian they will have to decide for themselves. But on this forum I will go Ngige.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by fyneguy: 10:23am On Oct 19, 2009
YES! Ngige remains our choice wink
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Hercules75(m): 10:31am On Oct 19, 2009
l'll give it to Ngige going by what he was able to do considering his short turbulent tenure.Some one who is able to cut the Godfatherism in Nigeria is whp we need in this time politics shocked
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by jayflex: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2009
It is an accepted fact that Ngige was handpicked and put in the seat of governor to milk the state dry. ngige was by no means liked by anyone when he came in but the world knows the turnaround and the overwhelming endorsement of Ngige by the ENTIRE CITIZENRY of Anambra and support that to me legitmised him more than any blasted election. For a governor to run a state under siege, to have all security details withdrawn and still deliver shows that he was safe in the state among people who loved him. His case is one in a million like fashola but i dont think the state can afford any more gambles. F, K PDP
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by queenesthr(f): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2009
Ngige - The Action Man
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by chosen04(f): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2009
jayflex:

@chosen04

Nwanne I ga e bi ndu

@Jayflex,

Nwannem, Chukwu gozie ga!!!!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by udoudo: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2009
Watch Iri Ji Ndigbo na Lagos by clicking below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYhbjqtPi7Q
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by foyeks2001(f): 11:53am On Oct 19, 2009
I will go for Ngige
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nezan(m): 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2009
Let Peter Obi continue, after all, it is always continuity in Nigerian political landscape.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by otukpo(f): 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2009
NGIGE
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by fekwenugo2: 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2009
Isn`t it obvious dat Many people in the PDP do not want Soludo 2 be at the helms.
Why? Soludo will be his own man.People like Chris Uba is still fumming abt wat will happen
2 his Account balance if Soludo shld gt d Office.

Am fully in support of Soludo irrespective of turn around turner like Ngige seems 2 be.
Though d media is so unfair to Soludo.I see him winning and changing d fortunes of my State.
Any sound individual knws wat my Prof will achieve for Anambra,
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Boboedom: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2009
Ngige is still my best man for the job. Soludo should wait till 2018 if not he can go back to the classroom/his business. As for Obi, he should concentrate on running his bank before it is distressed like the others.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by KnowAll(m): 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2009
Isn`t it obvious dat Many people in the PDP do not want Soludo 2 be at the helms.
Why?  Soludo will be his own man.People like Chris Uba is still fumming abt wat will happen

Am fully in support of Soludo irrespective of turn around turner like Ngige seems 2 be.
Though d media is so unfair to Soludo.I see him winning and changing d fortunes of my State.

Don’t worry u will still get your wish, with Ngige going neck on neck with Soludo in a forum like this which is highly critical of any misdemeanours, it goes without saying that Soludo will get the mandate when the PDP rigging machinery gets going.

For Ngige to grasp power he will have to win with an overwhelming majority, Fashola style I do not see that happening. It will be a re-run of the Oni / Fayemi race of Ekiti State a very close race but  PDP Winner will emerge as the overall winner, after all we all know the winner takes all.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by marvix(m): 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2009
I will give my vote to Soludo, the indefatigable Economist renowned worldwide and a man of passions.
Im not only interested in voting for him buy would also like to espouse his philosophy. Reading through some of his write ups sequel to the elections you would see a man who has visions of what he wants to do in the Anambra State house.

He stands shoulder high above all his peers in the contest and he has the platform that can deliver and he has d strongest credentials for the exalted office.

The PDP might not be a perfect party but hey is there any perfect party i believe we should be more interested in the personalities Ngige showed us that people can turn their backs on those who bring them to power and Soludo has shown us in the CBN his capabilities, the truth be told Sanusi has not accused Soludo of any wrongdoing and as a matter of fact is only doing the same things in a different manner.

If there is anyone who can give me the address for the Soludo campaign office post it here thanks.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by soccerprof: 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2009
i will also wait till febuary b4 i tell u who i will vote 4
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by agabaI23(m): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2009
I like Soludo but if I am to vote, I will go with Ngige!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by fekwenugo2: 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2009
KnowAll:

Why? Soludo will be his own man.People like Chris Uba is still fumming abt wat will happen

Don’t worry u will still get your wish, with Ngige going neck on neck with Soludo in a forum like this which is highly critical of any misdemeanours, it goes without saying that Soludo will get the mandate when the PDP rigging machinery gets going.

For Ngige to grasp power he will have to win with an overwhelming majority, Fashola style I do not see that happening. It will be a re-run of the Oni / Fayemi race of Ekiti State a very close race but PDP Winner will emerge as the overall winner, after all we all know the winner takes all.

Whether we as Nigerians accept it or not.PDP is a product of our environment.Am not supporting Soludo because of his political affiliation, am in support of him cos of his qualities.PDP seems not 2 hv gotten it right 4 Nigeria in d past 10 yrs.But at least we have a Dem go krase at all.Go to Guinea, go 2 Somalia, go 2 Zimbabwe, go 2 Ethopia, go 2 Eritriea, go 2 kenya, go 2 madagascar.We have smtin at least in our country inspite of us nt getting it right.
I believe we can still get their.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by rudegirl: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2009
soludo cheesy
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by rudegirl: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2009
ngige shocked you rigged the first one. no chance for you once a cheat always a cheat shocked
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by rudegirl: 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2009
you are not living up to expectation undecided
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Henryk(m): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2009
MUST IT ALWAYS BE THE OLD PLAYERS? THERE SEEMS TO BE A MODERN DAY POLITICAL OLIGOPOLY. LET'S ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO TRY. smiley
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Meldrick(m): 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2009
Soludo any day!!! looking at a man like Soludo, you will realize he is one dogged man who will only play to the gallery just to win the support of PDP godfathers but immediately he wins, he'll turn his back on them and do what is right for Anambra.

Ngige tried during his short term but he had no choice because he had no one to run to so he had to work for the people to get their support. If he had no problem with Uba and Obasanjo, we would have known the true Ngige.

Obi should sit down and come as a deputy Governor.

I'll surely vote Soludo.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by la1(m): 6:30pm On Oct 19, 2009
I see this one going down to the wire, on the one hand we have peter obi with the power of incubency which, in Nigeria has proven to be a very strong asset indeed going by previous records.

Then we have Ngige who is very popular in Anambra for being a peoples man, he will be hard to beat because ppl seldom forget those who do good to them , plus he's riding on the platform of the AC, a party that is determined to match the PDP in this case trickery for trickery, they have learnt alot from the Ekiti experience and are wiser now no doubt.

Finally we have Soludo whose credentials will frighten most mortal men into caves to hide, couple that with the PDP machine and he could be unstoppable, its gonna be a tight one but if i were to call it now, i would place my chips on Ngige., why? Tested and Trusted.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by McKren(m): 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2009
Anambra consider this when you vote.

The Anambra House of Assembly is still very much PDP controlled. Ngige will have problems with a PDP dominated house where Chris Ubah still is able to pull strings.

I think Soludo will be a force for stability as he has the right connections to command the loyalty of the house.

Anambra post 2010 should be talking about economic development and not battle for the soul of Anambra between Ngige and the Ubah brothers.
This confusion must not continue forever.

Ngige is a good man but has shown from history an inability to cage the Ubah brothers.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Myluv1: 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2009
Not being sentimental, it's Obi all the way!
Understanding what is meant by 'Developing All Sector Simultaneously'(which Obi is doing), wud be coming closer to what governance 's all bout.
For people mentioning Obi's sluggishness, I 'd say, Quoting: "Where I come from, if you're given an hour to cut down a tree, you rather spend much of the time sharpening your cutlass,so that when you take a cut, the tree 'll fall",
Talking of fiscal mgt.: Ngige administration put the cost of reconstructing the burnt Gov's house and lodge at above N800million, but Obi finished both jobs spending way less than N200million.
Finally,My people, no matter the time frame of what you do, adequate planning takes a sizable time, I rest my case!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Buzom99(m): 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2009
Soludo, Ngige or Obi is not meant to be there cm next yr.God has chosen who will lead his people to the promise land. He is MIKE NWAFOR, the Joshua of our time. Republican party
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2009
Buzom99:

Soludo, Ngige or Obi is not meant to be there cm next yr.God has chosen who will lead his people to the promise land. He is MIKE NWAFOR, the Joshua of our time. Republican party

kedu Ime ofiah nka (Mike Nwafor) si kwa tiputa?

grin grin grin
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Obinoscopy(m): 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2009
Ngige still leading in the votes,
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Buzom99(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2009
The name might sound odd, but very soon he will unveil his parckage for us. Nigerians and Anambrarian in particular, lets practise DEMOCRACY. We all enjoyed and Ghana polls.Why dont we listen to all of them and forget this Obi, Ngige and Soludo syndrome
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2009
Buzom99:

The name might sound odd, but very soon he will unveil his parckage for us. Nigerians and Anambrarian in particular, lets practise DEMOCRACY. We all enjoyed and Ghana polls.Why dont we listen to all of them and forget this Obi, Ngige and Soludo syndrome

I thought INEC's deadline for parties to submit their candidates is over? By the way out of curiousity!!!

Is Mike Nwafor the sames as Chuma Nwafor?

Obinoscopy:

Ngige still leading in the votes,

I am honestly not going to loose sleep over any polls online because you will always have Nigerians from all parts of the country most of who want to see Soludo get nailed for nothing as a result of the made-up banking crisis taking part in these polls online. Most of these people have no vote in Anambra State and the good people of Anambra will not pay attention to the attempt to lynch Soludo over nothing. History will vindicate his work in the CBN.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Buzom99(m): 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2009
We shld all await his arrival in d scene. Then we can judge who acts better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

They Are Finally Renovating Our Airports!! / MEND Promises To Attack South African Investments In N'Delta / Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.