Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,801 members, 7,893,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 02:40 AM

What If? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If? (399 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What If? by RabbaRabbi: 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
A MISSIONARY TELLS THIS STORY:

There was this key islamic preacher in a tribe in Malawi. He came to preach in a village where I went to preach also. The people said this islamic preacher and I should debate with one another and whoever wins, they will listen to him. I allowed him win the argument.

Afterwards, I invited him to come and watch Jesus film in my home. When he was through he got very angry, because the film was in their language. We kept in touch for years... And exchanged materials.

After four years and much prayer, we got a surprising letter from Ishmael, 'Suddenly, all the things you have been preaching to me are making sense and I want to become a Christian.' The next day I was in Matspangombe, his village and led him to Christ. Other muslims started to attack him spiritually, sometimes his voice would cease and then he would be coughing and seeing strange things. It was at the point of death that he sent for me. Like a flood, persecution came upon Ishmael. We moved him to our village, and ask him what he wanted to do with his life. He said he would like to preach for Jesus.

After six months, we sent him for a bible training.

What if this missionary, a Nigerian, had not paid the price to go?

ALIMA JANATU WAS A WITCH DOCTOR AND A MUSLIM.

When the missionaries began to share with him, they did not know that it was making an impact on him. One day, he walked in and said he wants to be baptized. The missionaries explained the gospel and he believed. The same night, he took all his fetishes and threw them into the toilet. Six months later, the wife became a Christian.

Where would Alima and his wife have been in eternity if a missionary had not gone to them?

When will God use your story to re-write the stories of lives among the nations being made miserable by Satan? God in His determinate counsel had appointed souls to be saved through you, but because of your disobedience, there are perishing. One wonders, how confident will you be to render such an account at the throne room of heaven?

You have kept postponing this call till today. Many times, God ties the destinies of thousands of souls around a single missionary call. Perhaps you should ask, What if I do not obey the call? Would God really mind? And what would have happen to the likes of Alima that are over 4.8 billion?

Like you, there are over 1.2billion people in the world today who had the previlege of hearing the gospel.

What if a missionary never went.??

Culled from: Calvary Ministries (tract)

2b, akintola street ibadan, agbowo, u.i.p.o box 22104, ibadan, Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

THINKING LIKE GOD By Tosin Adeola / Who Is A Member Of This Church?? (pic) / Jesus Christ The Only Way To The Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.