Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,853 members, 7,909,211 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 07:52 PM

Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band (4269 Views)

Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location / Which Smartphone Is Best For The Price Range N18k-n25k? / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Reediano(m): 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
This development might be coming a bit late, but at least its better late than never. While most countries are already thinking of 5G network, Nigerian Telecommunication companies are Starting to wake up to the whole 4G technology.

Now that 4G is gradually taking over the 3G dominated Nigeria Telc. market, one of the biggest problem many users will be facing now is how to know the LTE band supported by their network provider and also smartphone with compatible band.

What can be more annoying than you getting a 4G smartphone only to find out that it's not compatible with your 4G sim card especially if you happen to be a Glo user. This mistake is almost inevitable considering the fact that most of us haven't been paying much attention to details like this when getting a smartphone until now.

How To Check If Your Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Carrier

With WillMyPhoneWork.net, you can easily check if your smartphone is compatible with the network carrier you want to use it with. This app works in all countries and all local network carriers. You can use this website to check almost all smartphone brand including infinix, innjoo etc.

How To Use The Website
=> First, Open willmyphonework.net on your web browser.
=> Select the phone Brand.
=> Select the Phone Model.
=> Select Your country.
=> Select the network carrier.
=> After that , just click on search.
=> That's all.

You will get a result similar to the one in the image below confirming if your smartphone is compatible with your network carrier or not.

It's that simple, I hope this finally puts the question of 4G LTE Band compatibility to rest.

http://www.yomitech.com/2016/10/easiest-way-to-check-if-your-4g.html

1 Share

Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Dclique(m): 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2016
Nice one, Boss!

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by tmanis(m): 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2016
Cool... Some people are already getting entangled in all these 'band' ish flying around nairaland recently
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by daamazing(m): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
Sure say e go get my Itel device as model to choose? CU's even my itel fone keyboard no fit predict itel when typing, e go autocorrect to item grin

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Reediano(m): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
daamazing:
Sure say e go get my Itel device as model to choose? CU's even my itel fone keyboard no fit predict itel when typing, e go autocorrect to item grin

Lol... cheesy

Check am na grin
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Janyves(m): 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
Thumbs up for the link........ Hp Slate 7 ready for the 4G LTE voyage......
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Viktor1983(m): 12:02am On Oct 09, 2016
Cool story, will try it out
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by HERSLEY(f): 8:38am On Oct 09, 2016
Cool
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Marcus2(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2016
mine supports mtn and glo
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by dustmalik: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2016
Marcus2:
mine supports mtn and glo
Which phone?
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by smoothknight: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Pls my phone model is not among the list. I use Partner mobile pS1 phone. its a new brand having Tuface as its brand ambassador.
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Reediano(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
smoothknight:
Pls my phone model is not among the list. I use Partner mobile pS1 phone. its a new brand having Tuface as its brand ambassador.

Just fi the contact form in the link below and the website will try to include your phone as long as they can get the phone's Specification.

http://willmyphonework.net/Home/ContactUs#
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by pizzle123(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
pls ppl help me.....my phone is saying unfortunately system ui have stopped.. pls way can I do apart from resetting it....infinix hot note..
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by pat077: 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
Cool. But, one can know this by checking the phone specifications.
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Reediano(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
pat077:
Cool. But, one can know this by checking the phone specifications.

You are right but not everyone knows the band their network supports
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Earth2Metahuman: 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
Not accurate yet

The site doesn't recognise glo and etisalat 4g
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by DonX001: 2:01am On Dec 25, 2016
@OP Reediano,
Site still not fully accurate, the site does not seem to the cognize Etisalat and Glo 4G networks.
Just giving feedback.
But nice site and concept though.
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by ewizard1: 11:10am On Dec 25, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
Not accurate yet

The site doesn't recognise glo and etisalat 4g
exactly what I was about to say!

My Note4 SM-910C supports bands 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 17 20 - Which supports all other GSM NetPro except Glo's 28 but the site says not supporting Etisalat and Airtel though confirms it supports MTN.
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by FellaL: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
Reediano:
This development might be coming a bit late, but at least its better late than never. While most countries are already thinking of 5G network, Nigerian Telecommunication companies are Starting to wake up to the whole 4G technology.

Now that 4G is gradually taking over the 3G dominated Nigeria Telc. market, one of the biggest problem many users will be facing now is how to know the LTE band supported by their network provider and also smartphone with compatible band.

What can be more annoying than you getting a 4G smartphone only to find out that it's not compatible with your 4G sim card especially if you happen to be a Glo user. This mistake is almost inevitable considering the fact that most of us haven't been paying much attention to details like this when getting a smartphone until now.

How To Check If Your Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Carrier

With WillMyPhoneWork.net, you can easily check if your smartphone is compatible with the network carrier you want to use it with. This app works in all countries and all local network carriers. You can use this website to check almost all smartphone brand including infinix, innjoo etc.

How To Use The Website
=> First, Open willmyphonework.net on your web browser.
=> Select the phone Brand.
=> Select the Phone Model.
=> Select Your country.
=> Select the network carrier.
=> After that , just click on search.
=> That's all.

You will get a result similar to the one in the image below confirming if your smartphone is compatible with your network carrier or not.

It's that simple, I hope this finally puts the question of 4G LTE Band compatibility to rest.

http://www.yomitech.com/2016/10/easiest-way-to-check-if-your-4g.html
great info bro
Re: Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band by Reediano(m): 5:46am On Dec 29, 2016
ewizard1:
exactly what I was about to say!

My Note4 SM-910C supports bands 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 17 20 - Which supports all other GSM NetPro except Glo's 28 but the site says not supporting Etisalat and Airtel though confirms it supports MTN.

They are yet to update it

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Tweakware Premium Servers Without Paying A Dime / My Phone Charges Slowly. What Could Be The Cause? / (help) Nokia Xl Hard Bricked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.