Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,218 members, 7,880,804 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:10 AM

Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? (49763 Views)

Governor In Kenya Donates Oversized Shoes To Primary School Pupils (Photos) / 7 Types Of Classmates We Had In Primary School (Throwback) / "Will You Go Back To Primary 6 For 50billion Naira?": See Funny Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by sustainus(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
yeah those days, I remember when teacher are checking pupils,
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
dunno if I did that tho
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by dfrost: 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
menix:
OP, am sure u re above 60yrs because that was the criteria used on my dad in the 50's/60's..

I started primary school in the 80's nd I did not encounter such criteria...

omérta
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Monday5(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
superfelix:
cheesy stone age
Not stone age na dumb age! We're now in mad age
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by uzchos: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
Truly that the way my school headmaster selected me.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Masculity(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
menix:
OP, am sure u re above 60yrs because that was the criteria used on my dad in the 50's/60's..

y

May be you entered through the back door. Even 90s it's still enforce.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by MONITZ: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
menix:

I don't think so. If u were born in the late 70s/early 80s, then I guess u should ve experienced it.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by alizma: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
fogechi:
I remember those days when before you enroll for primary school your finger must touch your ear.

A lot of children were denied admission because of it.

Op, I don't have any other thing to tell you than to say you are as old as ..............
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by WHOcarex: 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
I did. That was the criteria I used. Although e come remain small for my hand to reach. Them be wan reject me naim I begin dey wail o. They come gato take me.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by oluwamae(f): 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
HAAAHA
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Asiri1991: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
It actually stopped me from enrolling at four until the next year. Chain! There is Godooooo
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by AnthonyAk(m): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
Never heard of this. Perhaps if op went to a proper primary school. He would know its criteria
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by habsydiamond(m): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
That's the reason why na old people dey full primary school pass that time. U go dey see 7yrs old for nursery 1.but naoadays na 2yrsfor nursery 1 see the difference
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Eibams60(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
even me
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by omolayomi06: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
fogechi:
I remember those days when before you enroll for primary school your finger must touch your ear.

A lot of children were denied admission because of it.

lolzzz like cerious this what take me back home in the year 1990. before I start in 1993
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by superfelix: 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
Monday5:
Not stone age na dumb age! We're now in mad age
mehn! grin grin
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Lilimax(f): 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
misspatsy:
I started schooling before I clocked 2,I never experienced this
You must be from Indomie generation! Children born from 80's downwards did not experience this. smiley
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by babico: 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
VocalWalls:
Funny thing... I'm sure lots of nairalanders will still be asking questions to know what this is.

It wasn't even for entry to primary 1.

The Home Decor Place |

I think it was for AKARA level
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by joshmee4real(m): 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
That was then. In Nigeria today, if the child's parents are influential, he ll get d admission. either he ll put on a sleeve longer than his hand or somtin
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Abbeyloo: 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
what if the child has no height naturally it means no schooling for such child?
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by IbBarham(m): 5:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
This wasn't a criterion for me though...
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by pweetyz(f): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
Dad told me about it. Had to repeat lots of classes cos he was short.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by misspatsy(f): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
Lilimax:
You must be from Indomie generation! Children born from 80's downwards did not experience this. smiley
So? At least we got to start early
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Lilimax(f): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
misspatsy:
So? At least we got to start early
Good for you! embarassed
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by samlexonss: 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bc of dis condition I did not start primary skul until age 7, it will not be well wit d person dat introduce dis ooooo.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by davonny: 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
can u imagine, I lost a whole year bcoz my hand didn't touch my ear though I was 7 yrs old.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
For good, positive and honest report of the Nigerian state and its contributions to the improvement of human relations all over the world, kindly visit & subscribe to www.thenigeriandiplomat.com and www.positivenaija.com
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by walexix(m): 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
menix:

Guy if truly you started school in 80's then ur must be 88 upward. because that's criteria for 80's if you're to enroll into primary school
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by menix(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
walexix:
Guy if truly you started school in 80's then ur must be 88 upward. because that's criteria for 80's if you're to enroll into primary school

Oga Methusela nah u know pass..

@88, was when I relocated to lagos after 2 years in primary 1 before they finally freed me to join primary 2...
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by NICENEDU29: 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
menix:

You are not totally correct. As for me I started my primary school in the 90's and I did it. Thus, when my father took me to one nearby Primary School in 1991 to get enrolled in Primary one, I was asked to do it. But unfortunately, my hand could not reach my ear and I was driven back despite my father's plea to them. Then a year after (i.e in 1992) I went back to the school with my father to try again and luckily for me, my hand was able to reach my ear and that was how I got enrolled in Primary one. In fact, the funniest part of it is that you have to do it without bending you head.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by menix(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
NICENEDU29:

You are not totally correct. As for me I started my primary school in the 90's and I did it. Thus, when my father took me to one nearby Primary School in 1991 to get enrolled in Primary one, I was asked to do it. But unfortunately, my hand could not reach my ear and I was driven back despite my father's plea to them. Then a year after (i.e in 1992) I went back to the school with my father to try again and luckily for me, my hand was able to reach my ear and that was how I got enrolled in Primary one. In fact, the funniest part of it is that you have to do it without bending you head.

Well maybe mine was different cous my mum was a teacher in the school(St. Mary pry sch. enugu)..

But when i moved to Lagos, the criteria at Rybeka Model school(1989) was an arithmetic test..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) / Owerri Mega School Collapses After Rainfall; Was Slated For Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.