Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,388 members, 7,917,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 08:29 PM

Nigerian Comedian Gandoki Broke The Guinness Book Of Records - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Comedian Gandoki Broke The Guinness Book Of Records (1506 Views)

Wizkid Enters Guinness World Book Of Records 2018 (photos) / Gandoki Reacts To Tonto Dikeh's Marriage Crisis And Instagram Stunts! / Has Comedian Gandoki Gone Bananas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Comedian Gandoki Broke The Guinness Book Of Records by abula112(m): 8:39am On Oct 09, 2016
Ace comedian Gandoki (Tony Mofe Ereku) On Saturday 1st of October put Nigeria on the world map by becoming the first Comedian to perform non-stop stand-up comedy for 42 hours and 10 mins.

He now holds the new world record for the Longest Stand-up comedy performance by an individual betting the past record of 40 hours and 8 mins. The world breaking challenge started on Thursday 29th of October by 8:00 pm at the Exclusive mansions hotel, Victoria island and climaxed at about 12:34 pm on Independence day, when he beat the previous record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb4SK7eYxFE

According to The Cable:

“The comedian’s feat has seen him break the previous world record held by David Scott, a U.S. comedian.

In 2013, Scott performed the longest individual stand-up comedy show of all times, setting a Guinness World Record of 40 hours, 8 minutes.

As it stands, Nigeria’s Gandoki is now the longest performing stand-up comedian in the world.

The comedian concluded the feat on October 1, after starting the stand-up comedy set on Thursday, September 29.

Born Tony Mofe-Reeku, Gandoki prepared 600 topics to make jokes on, in order to break the previous record.

“Gandoki did it… 48 hours, live stand-up comedy. Guinness book of world records”, said Ali Baba, veteran comedian.

The Exclusive Mansion Hotel, Oniru, Lagos, was the location used by Gandoki for the record-breaking endeavour.

The Guinness Book of World Records, which is published annually, lists world and national records, both of human achievements and extremes of the natural world.

While announcing his intention to break Scott’s record, Gandoki had said: “I’m doing this to showcase Nigeria to the world and also show our strength and resilience as a country in spite of the present economic situation.

“I’m also doing this for the Niger Delta people because I am from that part of the country and I want people to know that we are not a violent people.

“It will inspire many young people to believe in their ability and be the best in all areas of their endeavours. With my kind of comedy, hopefully, I will set a new Guinness World Record.”

http://naijafixer.com/celebrities/nigerian-comedian-gandoki-broke-the-guinness-book-of-records/
Re: Nigerian Comedian Gandoki Broke The Guinness Book Of Records by abula112(m): 8:41am On Oct 09, 2016

Re: Nigerian Comedian Gandoki Broke The Guinness Book Of Records by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2016
Wow

Meanwhile

Attendance in Church on sunday
1. Human beings = 85
2. Bible = 27
3. Phone Charger = 507.
4. Rechargeable lamps = 212.
5. Rechargeable Torch = 176.
6. Power banks 132.
God is watching . ;
Re: Nigerian Comedian Gandoki Broke The Guinness Book Of Records by opeyemiieblog(m): 9:07am On Oct 09, 2016
nice
Re: Nigerian Comedian Gandoki Broke The Guinness Book Of Records by DjAndroid: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2016
So him no eat for 42 hrs? Just standing and talking?
Re: Nigerian Comedian Gandoki Broke The Guinness Book Of Records by kome2: 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2016
Jeffboi:
Wow

Meanwhile

Attendance in Church on sunday 1. Human beings = 85 2. Bible = 27 3. Phone Charger = 507. 4. Rechargeable lamps = 212. 5. Rechargeable Torch = 176. 6. Power banks 132. God is watching . ;
So funny!

(1) (Reply)

Oh No! Wizkid And Tanzania Singer, Alikiba Fight Dirty At Chris Brown’s Concert / What Klint Da Drunk Did To A UNIZIK Comedian At A Show In Awka (photos) / Rihanna And Prince Harry Of England Test For HIV Together In Barbados

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.