Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,828 members, 7,886,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 05:35 AM

4 Months Used Mercedes Jeep 180 For Sale 650 - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 4 Months Used Mercedes Jeep 180 For Sale 650 (2872 Views)

SOLD SOLD Neatly Used Mercedes Benz C 180 For Sale. 680k Slightly Negotiable / White Toyota Corolla For Sale @#650,000 / Price slashed...Toks Mercedes Benz B 180 For Quick Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Months Used Mercedes Jeep 180 For Sale 650 by Denn(m): 9:53am On Oct 19, 2016
It is evident some people would exhibit their half-baked knowledge in public.

It is not Maclean's but toothpaste
It is not Maggi but seasoning
It is not Omo but detergent
It is not coke but soft drink

And is not Jeep but SUV.

Take note...brand connotations will not replace the original name even if the brand becomes a household name.

If you keep arguing that all SUVs are Jeeps, then I can only amuse myself at the free show of mediocrity on a public forum...it is akin to a drunk prince who decides to dance naked in the market square at the bewilderment of his townsmen...

When Thomas Jefferson said "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers", he was simply trying to prevent this kind of semi-educated show.

Final question. Why has no other SUV manufacturer in the world (apart from the obvious brand owners) called any of their iterations 'Jeep'?
Re: 4 Months Used Mercedes Jeep 180 For Sale 650 by BigJakie: 10:32am On Oct 19, 2016
Denn:
It is evident some people would exhibit their half-baked knowledge in public.

It is not Maclean's but toothpaste
It is not Maggi but seasoning
It is not Omo but detergent
It is not coke but soft drink

And is not Jeep but SUV.

Take note...brand connotations will not replace the original name even if the brand becomes a household name.

If you keep arguing that all SUVs are Jeeps, then I can only amuse myself at the free show of mediocrity on a public forum...it is akin to a drunk prince who decides to dance naked in the market square at the bewilderment of his townsmen...

When Thomas Jefferson said "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers", he was simply trying to prevent this kind of semi-educated show.

Final question. Why has no other SUV manufacturer in the world (apart from the obvious brand owners) called any of their iterations 'Jeep'?

All this gibber only proves how clueless you are and even worse, unwilling to learn. Quoting Thomas Jefferson doesn't change scripted facts neither does it make you any wiser

Don't bring your local logic of omo this, toothpaste that to this arguement.

Do you know what generic words are?
Now do you know JEEP is actually a generic dictionary word as compared to your omo and maggi

Do you even know the meaning of 'trademark' Are you aware that most dictionary generic words are tradmarked? Lmao...

Before the inception of Apple electronics(TM) do you know it was and still is a fruit from the time of Adam.

Are you aware that the trademark does not disqualify apple from being a fruit

Now Before Jeep was trademarked do u know jeeps were sturdy military vehicles, and even Ford had their jeep brand for the military?

Lol... you just shot yourself on the foot with those quotes cuz you need them more than I do.

So please Go and read up and don't back up ignorance with authority and i hope you reflect solely on your your Thomas Jefferson quote rather than dancing naked in the market square.

Start from wikipedia.

You can continue to argue.

Lemme leave you with a Screenshot from wikipedia to dwell on

Re: 4 Months Used Mercedes Jeep 180 For Sale 650 by Denn(m): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2016
So according to your flawed analysis as regards Apple, then by all means, all PCs and mobile phones should be called Apple too abi?
Re: 4 Months Used Mercedes Jeep 180 For Sale 650 by BigJakie: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2016
Correction; According to "WIKIPEDIA" trademark does not disqualify the fruit from being called an apple but no other company can claim legal ownership of the brand name... now relate that to the argument and quit getting all webbed up in your misconception of facts.

This infact implores me to reiterate on your need to research

Lol.... I feel sorry at how you low you dragged your esteem out of your unwillingness to learn even after I explained with pictorial references from Wikipedia, yet...

I'll have to leave you to bathe in ignorance as you dance around your imaginary market square, but if you're wise, you'll set aside your ego and learn.

Next time before you beat your chest to an argument make sure you're grounded.
Goodluck anyway

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suzuki Every Minibus For Sale / Sharp Frontier 2004 4WD Double Cabin Auto Toks JUST #2.1M #08096577304 / Tokunbo Toyota Picnic (normal Hand) @1,450,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.