Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,568 members, 7,972,137 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:35 AM

I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! (672 Views)

How Do I Activate A Domain I Bought From Tfhost.ng / Please How Can I Get Cheap Domain,i Tried Godaddy But No Paypal Support. / Help: I Registered Domain On Godaddy But It Is Not Loading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by samuelchimmy(m): 3:32am On Oct 10, 2016
out of curiosity I registered this awkward domain which I now find I will not be needing, started a tech blog on it, but it's becoming frustrating and I want to sell it.......... see it here www.facebooklab.co
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by samuelchimmy(m): 3:45am On Oct 10, 2016
please I need comments
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by Julius2214(m): 7:18am On Oct 10, 2016
Why not try selling it on flippa.
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 10, 2016
Julius2214:
Why not try selling it on flippa.

Lol. Flippa won't even approve the listing because 'Facebook' is a powerful trademark. And also, any domain name containing the word YouTube will be rejected by Flippa. I'm talking from personal experience.

@OP, you can start a blog or setup a website all around the 'Facebook' niche. There are lots of Facebook topics you can cover. But you have to be careful, once the Facebook legal team finds out you are profiting in any way from using a domain name which has their trademark, they'll most likely come after you.
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by Julius2214(m): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2016
Oh that's true... I never thought of that

1 Like

Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by samuelchimmy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
Northmall:

Lol. Flippa won't even approve the listing because 'Facebook' is a powerful trademark. And also, any domain name containing the word YouTube will be rejected by Flippa. I'm talking from personal experience.

@OP, you can start a blog or setup a website all around the 'Facebook' niche. There are lots of Facebook topics you can cover. But you have to be careful, once the Facebook legal team finds out you are profiting in any way from using a domain name which has their trademark, they'll most likely come after you.

thanks for your helpful advise, I tried selling it on flippa and found out what you just said.well I will try using it for a blog relating to facebook. once again thank you so much.
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
samuelchimmy:

thanks for your helpful advise, I tried selling it on flippa and found out what you just said.well I will try using it for a blog relating to facebook. once again thank you so much.

You're always welcome mate. Good luck!
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by Agriman(m): 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
Y u spamming the trademark 'Facebook' the domain has no future.....forget it
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by samuelchimmy(m): 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2016
I tried reaching mark Zuckerberg to see if he would buy the domain for some projects, but all my efforts met brick walls, I sent him a message on facebook, 1week ago until now he has not responded. pasted comments all around his timeline but still no reply .(didn't expect him to reply anyway) am just worried because the domain is just laying waste.........
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by samuelchimmy(m): 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
Agriman:
Y u spamming the trademark 'Facebook' the domain has no future.....forget it
but does this mean that facebook is the same word as FaceBookLab?, am not quite sure they have a right to FaceBookLab, mean its not the same word...... or that's the way things are ran. please some one should explain the legal issues surrounding this......
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by Agriman(m): 11:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
samuelchimmy:
but does this mean that facebook is the same word as FaceBookLab?, am not quite sure they have a right to FaceBookLab, mean its not the same word...... or that's the way things are ran. please some one should explain the legal issues surrounding this......
Ask yourself why you choose to add lab to the trade name Facebook making facebooklab. Even Google bot will sense it that you spam Facebook. Why can't u use another name apart from Facebook. Facebook has already exist, adding any suffix to there trademark name will end u spamming. The name Facebook has authority in the web and is powerful... Keep off
Re: I Registered Facebooklab.co As A Domain, I Don't Know What To Do With It! by samuelchimmy(m): 12:00am On Oct 11, 2016
Agriman:

Ask yourself why you choose to add lab to the trade name Facebook making facebooklab. Even Google bot will sense it that you spam Facebook. Why can't u use another name apart from Facebook. Facebook has already exist, adding any suffix to there trademark name will end u spamming. The name Facebook has authority in the web and is powerful... Keep off
but this is some how not right o, face is an English word so is book also, lab is shot for laboratory, added together makes facebooklab, which shows it was born out of creative thinking

......any way am keeping off,

(1) (Reply)

More USA Accounts For Sale Plus Free TIN / A Nairalander Is Set To Beat Facebook / Bevahost Offer Paid Server And Allow Free Server For Testing Before Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.