Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,928 members, 7,933,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:30 AM

Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split (21154 Views)

NEW MOVIE - Tales Of An Immoral Couple / End “bbnaija Now,” Its Immoral, Lagos Lawmaker Tells Lai Mohammed / Highlights From Big Brother Naija (videos + Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by mightycrown1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
north and south
SOUTH: you guys are hypocrite, you dont touch females openly but you do worse things with them in secret.
NORTH: who told you that? we keep our own but useless your own that put their bodies for sale,
SOUTH: you are child abusers, you marry female children as young as 10 yrs old.
NORTH: but you love to defile and rape them as young as 3 yrs old.

hummmn who is the saint now, the north or the south?
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
it beats human comprehension what the northerners are...... they would display Stoicism towards there sacrosanct belief and upon that commit attrocities that shake heaven ..... bunch of confused insecured people

2 Likes

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by kabrud: 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
woodcook:
Hypocrisy is the order of the day up North.

Same North where a man and a woman will engage in fornication and the woman will be punished while the man walks free.

Everyone up there is calling for the female actor head, while the guy walks free.

I think most men up North are insecure and would stop at nothing and see their women as underdogs that should be subdued at all cost. I am sure the day they allow their women equal right as men ( or at least the choice too make their own decision and be their own person), I can bet that most men there will die alone and wretched
Really? Hypocrisy is when u are overwhelmed by ur own myriads of problems but u are more interested in solving the perceived one borne by ur neighbour. Disallowing the female offsprings from inheriting their parents' property is part of the much trumpeted gender equality I guess. grin
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by carinmom(f): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
omenkaGrazing:
She sould leave almajiris alone and relocate to the south. cheesy cheesy

North is where she belongs because she is one of the almajiris that you hate so much.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by tiredface: 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
BLOOD TASTE HYPOCRITES

2 Likes

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by kabrud: 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
Dinobi77:
I pity the northern women cos their men outv there do as they like. I am not an advocate of all these immoral videos, but pple should be allowed to make their choices in life.
U need to pity ur southern women first who are so worthless in their parents' homes that they can't inherit even a broom after their demise. But, in the north, some ladies are very rich from those inheritance.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by kabrud: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
teepsee:
I knew from the day they said they baned her, they already send her to limelight unknowingly.

Their fall just started here
Yeah, she is banned and u can hook her up as usual, we don't need her.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by PETUK(m): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
valarinz:

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/ban-immoral-nigerian-star-highlights-north-south-split-052257348.html

I never thought I'd ever do this but, calling on lalasticlala pls get this to FrontPage, it's an interesting news, tnx
in other news, the grass is green
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by akigbemaru: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
Immoral
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by teepsee(f): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
kabrud:

Yeah, she is banned and u can hook her up as usual, we don't need her.
embarassed embarassed

What is this one saying? When will you learn to be reasonable for once and stop letting sentiment cloud that ur small brain undecided

Just look at ur username, all i can say is no wonder you so shallow minded cry

You are pained for her success i know, you guys will regret that.

2 Likes

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Godstraight(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
hahn:
Example of when we give our brains out on free loan to foreign religion
"foreign"
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Yeligray(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
Pot calling kettle black
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Godstraight(m): 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
Yeligray:
Pot calling kettle black
explain
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by teepsee(f): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2016
woodcook:
Hypocrisy is the order of the day up North.

A little digression:

Same North where a man and a woman will engage in fornication and the woman will be punished while the man walks free.

Everyone up there is calling for the female actor head, while the guy walks free.

I think most men up North are insecure and would stop at nothing and see their women as underdogs that should be subdued at all cost. I am sure the day they allow their women equal right as men ( or at least the choice too make their own decision and be their own person), I can bet that most men there will die alone and wretched

Back to topic:

Are they actually keeping a balance/being conservative or they are busy pedaling lies about their society. More like showing people what they think their society looks like. We are talking of society where:

1. oppression of women and girls are order of the day

2. child marriage is order of the day (I am sure such does not feature in any of their movies. They seems to fail to understand that the movies industry is also a way of exposing the evils in our society)

3. people procreate without any thoughts about the well-being of the both the child-bride and the numerous offspring

4. where alhaji sodomize alamajiri with reckless abandon
etc
Of course there is a huge divide between the South and the North in terms of ideology and these ideological differences is a manifestation of both the economical and social progress the South has made since the attainment of independence, while the North wallows in the dark. The difference in ideology could be see in the court victory in the SE in which girls now have the legal right to share in their parents inheritances ( if not for Nollywood most people never knew that in some place girls are not allowed to partake in their father will).

Yes there are movies in our movie industry that should be censored for particular age group but the truth remains that movies should be seen as a vehicle to expose societal ills (though a times some of these ills are stretched and some outdated practices are being portrayed as current issues rather than historical ) when that is the case.
you just so right

They are just too insecured to let that happen. If you have once stayed in the north you will be sorry for their girls. Where the youth there are ready to kill other guys who try making passes on them, making the girls so timed and shy to face other guys. You will see them sneaking to other guys house at late hours. Is that life or imprisonment. I feel for them

6 Likes

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by kabrud: 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2016
teepsee:
embarassed embarassed

What is this one saying? When will you learn to be reasonable for once and stop letting sentiment cloud that ur small brain undecided

Just look at ur username, all i can say is no wonder you so shallow minded cry

You are pained for her success i know, you guys will regret that.

Really? U are now happy for the success of the so much hated ab0ki and her fellow ab0ki is pained? Hmm. Okay, pick her and get her hooked cos we don't need her and her success.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Clementor(m): 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
Sharia law is too tough on women.
I know a female friend who quit islam coz of this their sharia law tin, now she's flexing her muscles in the south.

4 Likes

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Yeligray(m): 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
Godgay:
explain
'GOOGLE' IT.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by kabrud: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
teepsee:
you just so right

They are just too insecured to let that happen. If you have once stayed in the north you will be sorry for their girls. Where the youth there are ready to kill other guys who try making passes on them, making the girls so timed and shy to face other guys. You will see them sneaking to other guys house at late hours. Is that life or imprisonment. I feel for them
Why not just face ur own liberal lifestyle and leave we Ab0kis with our bonded life? That is our ways, so be more focused on ur "civilised" ways. Countless cases of married women being slaughtered in hotels, cases of child rape, and infact, social vices too numerous to mention are ur trademarks but we don't take these discussions as part of our problems because we also have our problems to face. Just recently, I understand that female offsprings are not allowed to inherit their fathers property, go and resolve all those problems first.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Anasko(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2016
recievesense:
Hypocrites everywhere. Rumours have it that the babe refused sexual advances from the MOPPAN guy and hence the revenge.

Why didn't they ban Halima Abubakar

Make them go block the new series na.
Bloody liar. FYI Halima Abubakar was never a Kannywood Actress.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by recievesense: 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
Anasko:
Bloody liar. FYI Halima Abubakar was never a Kannywood Actress.

U win
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by SAMBARRY: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
Who dey watch their yeye movies with daft story lines,poor graphics and technicalities,terrible acting and nauseating songs

It's the people giving the kannywood attention I blame. Why will I go to video stores and buy poorly imitated versions of Indian movies and say I want to watch

Stinking hypocrites undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by teepsee(f): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
kabrud:

Why not just face ur own liberal lifestyle and leave we Ab0kis with our bonded life? That is our ways, so be more focused on ur "civilised" ways. Countless cases of married women being slaughtered in hotels, cases of child rape, and infact, social vices too numerous to mention are ur trademarks but we don't take these discussions as part of our problems because we also have our problems to face. Just recently, I understand that female offsprings are not allowed to inherit their fathers property, go and resolve all those problems first.
but what is your problem, why you just venting around. Are you the only northerner here?

Please go get some rest you running out of breath.

Note i don't have problem with the north but I would have preferred you guys to be realistic.

6 Likes

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by kabrud: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
teepsee:
but what is your problem, why you just venting around. Are you the only northerner here?

Please go get some rest you running out of breath.

Note i don't have problem with the north but I would have preferred you guys to be realistic.
Realistic or not, still non of ur biz. Go and face ur own problems.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by obo389(m): 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2016
1stCitizen:
Old News.Nigerians are split on everything from geographical location, language to religion and even the social media platform you visit. Even popular blogs like LIB and SDK have followers that do not like themselves.
sorry sir/madam. that is why we are nigerians and we are wired and appreciated that way but that don't mean whenever we rant and chant on each other on an online forum like this and we eventually see f2f, trust me we blend and make up like the speed of light.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by ogwumgbe: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
kabrud:

Oh boy you are a damned hypocrites, and your entire North. If you practice what you preach, it would be a different ball game, but you don't practice it and want to subject someone to what you can't practice. I wonder why you want to remain in the same Country by all means with the southern sinners you hate so much, are you not ashamed of yourself? Can't you see we are not the same and can't ever be? Please go your way and form your goddamn Country with your fellow hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by recievesense: 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
Walahi this babe get levels.

1 Like

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
kabrud:

Really? Hypocrisy is when u are overwhelmed by ur own myriads of problems but u are more interested in solving the perceived one borne by ur neighbour. Disallowing the female offsprings from inheriting their parents' property is part of the much trumpeted gender equality I guess. grin

Oppression is oppression but in trying to understand issues and how it affects a particular group of people in relation to others, Ii will start by looking at oppression in terms of severity.

My dear, I doubt if you really understand the level of oppression that women faced everyday up North, I guess you probably have spent all your live in the North (at least where your ego is massage as a man), if you have really lived in the South, you would understand that the issue of equal right when it comes to inheritance was something that has its root on the progress that have been made in terms of gender equality in the South. Female are allowed to make their choice and chart their own path in life. In most families female as well as male child have equal opportunity to pursue any field of endeavor they so desire.

Females are treated as human who have both the capability and talent to achieve as much or even more than male, rather than being seen as subhuman.

If and when the North solves the few endemic problems of gender inequality that exposes female child into becoming child-bride then we can talk about the problem of inheritance (I and most Nigerians will he happy if the North as a whole start having serious discussions about some of the cruel life that women and female child face up North).
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by kabrud: 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
ogwumgbe:

Oh boy you are a damned hypocrites, and your entire North. If you practice what you preach, it would be a different ball game, but you don't practice it and want to subject someone to what you can't practice. I wonder why you want to remain in the same Country by all means with the southern sinners you hate so much, are you not ashamed of yourself? Can't you see we are not the same and can't ever be? Please go your way and form your goddamn Country with your fellow hypocrites
We are certainly not the same and that is why u see very few of us in ur region as compared to how u and ur fellow flat headed akpu-eating brothers are in every nooks and crannies of Kano state. That few among us don't comply to the preaching is quite different from ur region that is practically the den of all atrocities known to mankind.
Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2016
teepsee:
you just so right

Insecurity is a 'disease' in the North! I have sent considerable amount of time up there, I once saw a child-bride with her child, it was traumatizing witnessing such.

I really do not know how their minds work up there, how can grown men with purportedly sufficient level of how the world works (Northern elites and the educated) since condone such as at this present age and time. It is sad, their religion/prophet may have gotten away with that ( that I can attribute to the fact that the level of understanding of child psychology back then is nothing close to the progress that have been in the area in these present days) but now we know better and these guys are not making any effort towards either even having a conversation about it.

I am really tired of these people,, to be honest I see the North as God's 'punishment' to the South, without them, Nigeria to be honest would have made tremendous progress in every aspects. Seriously they should have been annexed with the likes of Chad and Niger.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
kabrud:

We are certainly not the same and that is why u see very few of us in ur region as compared to how u and ur fellow flat headed akpu-eating brothers are in every nooks and crannies of Kano state. That few among us don't comply to the preaching is quite different from ur region that is practically the den of all atrocities known to mankind.

Of course your insecure men can not survive in the South! Most of your men would rather stay in their hole where their egos are being massage daily by who has the ability to take on more child-bride and who breads the most alamajiri.

Seriously, if not for the South, the North as a country would not have been any different from Chad or Niger in terms of development.

Please Kabrud, I know you have seen the four walls of school, please kindly think about the situation in the North with regards to gender inequality. I known you can not do much on your own, but if you start with your immediate family and probably very close extended family, you can raise an army of girls than can conquer the world and the ripple effects will be something you would be proud of.

Please do not live like a sheep, make a positive impacts on the lives of the little girls in your family and ensure they get a descent education. You can do it if you put your mind to it.

3 Likes

Re: Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split by kabrud: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
woodcook:

Oppression is oppression but in trying to understand issues and how it affects a particular group of people in relation to others, Ii will start by looking at oppression in terms of severity.

My dear, I doubt if you really understand the level of oppression that women faced everyday up North, I guess you probably have spent all your live in the North (at least where your ego is massage as a man), if you have really lived in the South, you would understand that the issue of equal right when it comes to inheritance was something that has its root on the progress that have been made in terms of gender equality in the South. Female are allowed to make their choice and chart their own path in life. In most families female as well as male child have equal opportunity to pursue any field of endeavor they so desire.

Females are treated as human who have both the capability and talent to achieve as much or even more than male, rather than being seen as subhuman.

If and when the North solves the few endemic problems of gender inequality that exposes female child into becoming child-bride then we can talk about the problem of inheritance (I and most Nigerians will he happy if the North as a whole start having serious discussions about some of the cruel life that women and female child face up North).
Can there be any form of oppression that is comparable with being treated as an outcast? For ur information, the I'll treatment of women in the north exists but in ur imagination. Few weeks ago, a 25yr old girl was made a LG chairman in Kebbi state and ur folks were also on this forum spewing their usual trash. Pls, is this possible in any southern state? I will tell u that the type of freedom u are talking about is not even desired by our ladies. Freedom to insult ur husband and parents, freedom to go to wherever u want, with or without ur husband consent, freedom to go unclad and be clubbing, name them. Finally, I will tell u that a northerner treats his female children with more dignity than the males. Eg, how many female Streets urchins have u seen on the streets of Kano? Let me tell u, even the well to do educated parents spend more on their female children than on the males, go and find out. In ur own place, female are not even regarded, are we not watching nollywood, which actually showcases ur cultures, traditions and values?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Video From The "Charly Boy Show" Featuring Tunde And Wummi Obe / Frodd And Seyi Reconciles, Hug Themselves After Clash Over Alcoholic Beverages / Portable Set To Be Featured In New Nollywood Movie In Asaba (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.