Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,788 members, 7,972,823 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:16 PM

Impact Of Education In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Impact Of Education In Nigeria (435 Views)

The Minister Of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, Is Urging Candidates For The Utme / Python Burnt In College Of Education Zuba, Abuja (Photo) / 6 Staff Of College Of Education Yobe Die In Accident On Their Way To Write Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Impact Of Education In Nigeria by larrypharez(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
Please what is our educational sector giving us in Nigeria, SOUND EDUCATION OR SAND EDUCATION? Because the pronunciation is more or less the same. The impact of EDUCATION is not fully felt in this part of the world, Nigerians now use FAITH instead of ACQUIRED KNOWLEDGE to tackle all kind of crisis we face. You'll hear our leaders say something like "we BELIEVE (FAITH) this recession will end by next month or so. You'll hear followers saying" na only God go help us ooo" when we are not even helping ourselves. PONMO that has nothing to do with dollars is even now expensive, as well as locust bean(IRU). We have so much depended on religion that we run to God in prayer for what HE has given us brain to do and that's why we are still where we are.

Yet all we see is some prominent talkative releasing open letters to this or that administration supporting and criticising them at the same time, just in an attempt to get closer to those administrations. They've forgotten that they also need to enlighten the masses that we should stop creating avoidable problems for ourselves even if our leaders will not stop creating problems for us. I hold on unto the words of BEN CARSON who said "we've been conditioned to think that only politicians can solve our problems. But at some point,may be we will wake up and recognize that it was the politicians who created our problems". I really hope we will wake up and realize that those we are begging to solve these problems actually created most of them. That's not to say we cannot make attempts to solve our problems ourselves and it starts from our immediate environment. I'm not preaching the BUHARI led administration's CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME, I'm saying OUR FUTURE IS IN OUR VERY OWN HANDS, don't let us use it to play long tennis( in FALZ voice). Let me leave you with the words of JOHN SCULLEY which says the best way to be ready for the future is to invent it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Ranks – Navy, Airforce And Army / License To Kill / Exposed: Reason Why Yoruba Producers No Longer Feature Funke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.