Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,913 members, 7,949,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language (953 Views)

GOING Viral-why God Says I Must Become NIGERIAS President-33yr Old Nigerian Says / Apart From English, Which Language Is More Useful Globally? / What Courses Do You Think Should Be Added To Our Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
Nigeria is the Giant of Africa but Right Now I dont Think We Are acting like One First Terrorism,Corruption,Reccession,Value Of Naira to Dollars Which On Should we concentrate on Haba,Back To our main Discussion Which language shod Nigeria Use as it official language?

Well Both the three main language in nigeria speaks English while all the neighbouring countries surronding Nigeria Speaks French So which one should be made Nigeria Official Language among;

* English
* French
* Hausa
* Igbo
* Yoruba

Comment with you choice

dont forget to visit www.africanpoint.tk for an open poll thanks
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
Cc. Seun , Lalasticlala , mynd44 Come and Move this important piece
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by Justeenaleo(f): 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
English for unity sake.

1 Like

Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by ever811(m): 11:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
I would have suggested yoloba but I don't have the strength to be shouting ahh..with my mouth open..so I go with French..

2 Likes

Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by babyfaceafrica: 11:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
English
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by freesinzu(m): 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
Greekitalianspanish undecided
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by Benjom(m): 11:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
ever811:
I would have suggested yoloba but I don't have the strength to be shouting ahh..with my mouth open..so I go with French..

Lol... You're funny dude... I guess you be "Yiboo", abi?

1 Like

Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by StupidYorubaFool: 6:25am On Oct 11, 2016
Justeenaleo:
English for unity sake.
why english when you can't even speak it fluently
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by Justeenaleo(f): 6:38am On Oct 11, 2016
StupidYorubaFool:
why english when you can't even speak it fluently
why not ?
Which Nigerian language apart from your mother tongue can you speak fluently ?
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by StupidYorubaFool: 6:58am On Oct 11, 2016
Justeenaleo:

why not ?
Which Nigerian language apart from your mother tongue can you speak fluently ?
my mother tongue is english.
Can't speak any useless nigerian language.
Britons all the way
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by Justeenaleo(f): 7:02am On Oct 11, 2016
StupidYorubaFool:
my mother tongue is useless Can't speak English. Foolishness all the way
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by StupidYorubaFool: 7:06am On Oct 11, 2016
Justeenaleo:
me i only sabi speak piddgin and yoruba. i don fail english language tire for secondary school.
wow dat good
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by Dinocarex(m): 8:25am On Oct 11, 2016
Pidgin
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by deltateam: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2016
Op common sense would make you remove the 3 Nigerian languages as making any of them an official language would lead to a civil war.

English and French should be given same statuses as Nigerian's co-official languages.
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by 1afrika: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2016
deltateam:
Op common sense would make you remove the 3 Nigerian languages as making any of them an official language would lead to a civil war.

English and French should be given same statuses as Nigerian's co-official languages.

I don't even see the relevance of d topic.
Do you expect a Fulani boy to start learning igbo or a yoruba girl to start learning hausa all in the name of official language?
Official language should be the most widely spoken language. In this case, English remains the most neutral. We were all colonized by English men. Our educational system is English driven. Adamu, Chukwudi, Adisa have been writing ssce and jamb exams for years without problems of language. Forget about the command of english someone has, successful transmission of msgs is d need. We do not even have equal mastery of our native languages.
You need to hear native British or Americans speak.

1 Like

Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by hpk(m): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2016
The Nigerian Creole aka PIDGIN!!!!
Re: Which Language Do You Think Should Be Made Nigerias Official Language by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
op, dont be like those peoplenwho are local and lazy to the brain,what makes you think we have mainly 3 native languages in nigeria don't you know of urhobo,ijaw,kanuri etc,and english should not be the only official language ,and educationally each region should teach its people in its native language we urhobos should learn in urhobo,yorubas should learn in yoruba language,the ijaws should learn in ijaw thats how it should be.

(1) (Reply)

Urp Or Estate Management? / APPLICATIONS OF ICT IN EFFECTIVE GOVERNANCE / Help! Is It Possible To Replace Original Waec And Neco Results?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.