Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,834 members, 7,969,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:57 AM

Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers (955 Views)

Man Uses App To Locate The Address Of Policeman That Extorted Him (Photos) / Six Out Of Ten Youths In Lagos Are Cultists – Police / Corpse Of Policeman Killed In The Clash Between Navy & Police In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by KingOvoramwen1(m): 12:19am On Oct 11, 2016
PORT HARCOURT – POLICEMEN whose constitutionalduty among others is to protect lives and property of citizens, practically went berserk in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, last week, over the killing of one of their colleagues by suspected cultists in a fierce gun battle.

They reinforced 24 hours after the incident at Rex Lawson Waterfront, Borokiri Area, Port-Harcourt, smashing at least 10 vehicles parked by the owners along the street, indiscriminately arrested and whisked away citizens in their patrol vans to their station. .
NDV learned that police officers from the Anti -Cultism Unit of the Rivers Police Command were in the area the previous night to arrest a notorious cultist.
Death of colleague
In an ensuing gun battle, one of the policemen was gunned down, while two others sustained bullet wounds and were rushed to an undisclosed hospital, where doctors were battling to save their lives.
A resident, who simply gave his name as Udoka, said the policemen were so incensed by the death of their colleague and injury of two others, that they mobilized more men to the area the following day to unleash their anger on anything in sight.
“They smashed windscreens of vehicles parked on the roadside and also bundled several youths into their patrol vans,” he said.
Police destroyed my 2 cars
Another resident, Gigi, said two of his cars were destroyed allegedly by the rampaging police officers.
His words: “Thursday morning, I was inside when my tenants came to call me that they saw some policemen around my cars only for me to come out and see that my cars have been vandalised. I am really shocked as I am talking to you; what happened is like a dream to me. All the cars on my street and houses were vandalized.”
Gigi explained: “I heard that the Anti-Cultism Unit of the Police came to make some arrests and they had a shoot-out with a group of boys. That is the much that I can say about what happened. First of all, I want to let the public know what the Nigerian Police Force did to us.
“If a problem happened in the area, what they should have done was to come for arrests and not to destroy innocent people’s property. In fact, their duty is to protect lives and property, not to destroy,” he lamented.
Police boss visits, avoids press: Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Francis Odesanya, later visited the area to see things for himself. He avoided press, but before leaving the area, he ordered the Criminal Investigation Department, CID, to conduct a full-scale investigation into the ugly incidents.
Intensive investigation
Contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, DSP Omoni, reechoed the directive from the commissioner, saying: “Well, investigation has been ordered; the Commissioner of Police has ordered intensive investigation into the incident. The State Criminal Investigations Department is handling the investigation.”
Tension
The alleged action of the policemen caused tension in the area for hours, as residents scampered for safety. At the time of this report, some residents complained they were yet to recover from the shock occasioned by the action of the rampaging policemen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/killing-cop-cultists-police-go-wild-rivers/

Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by KingOvoramwen1(m): 12:20am On Oct 11, 2016
ZOO!!

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by tukdi: 12:27am On Oct 11, 2016
Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by otokx(m): 12:37am On Oct 11, 2016
Give God the glory but many of us live amongst people who we cannot tell their means of livelihood.

One day is one day and you are numbered amongst the lot.

Thank God its just cars that were vandalized; if stray bullets had hit you in your sitting room, sorry will be the end of the story, it is a pity, gone too soon, RIP, and life goes on.
Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by adexfrosh(m): 12:38am On Oct 11, 2016
What is now d difference btw wat thugs wud do nd wat d police did?
Police ar meant to be tactical nd responsible, even cultists don't destroy tin anyhow cus dey always av targets except u ar in their way

RIP to d dead

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by Cadamlk: 1:17am On Oct 11, 2016
You are build to maintain law and order yet you are more disorderly in conduct and lawless.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by negotiations2(f): 1:58am On Oct 11, 2016
they even stated arresting innocent people

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by negotiations2(f): 2:01am On Oct 11, 2016
they may even kill those pple in station ND hide them.. And said they didn't arrest anybdy.. that's naija police fr u
Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by pyyxxaro: 2:56am On Oct 11, 2016
The Police is ur friend sad
Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by zinachidi(m): 4:15am On Oct 11, 2016
if na civilian cultist kill dem go berserk like this? Thugs.....
Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by geraldmartins(m): 4:49am On Oct 11, 2016
Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by rydow(m): 6:29am On Oct 11, 2016
They didn't VOTE for Change is Rivers so we should always expect Shit like this....

It's practically Coward Police and brave thieves cuz i don't even know why they need to Tag them Cultist.

This same police sell there gun out to the Cultist abi Cultist they manufacture Gun ni?

#Iranu
Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by Tunami(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
Hmmm, odiegwu.
Re: Killing Of Policeman By Cultists: Police Go Wild In Rivers by Wininno(m): 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind. Say no to fury.

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Man Drops Two Giant Pythons On A Body Of A Girlfriend Sleeping *VIDEO* / A 17 Years Old Teenager Who Stabbed His Friend To Death At 16th Birthday Party I / See The Reason Depressed Man Committed Suicide After Announcing It On F.B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.