Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,906 members, 7,980,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 09:09 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (954240 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19
Finally Ohhhh Chidi Has her goal now grin 2-0

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19
Harmony Chidi..... Denied by offside decisions, crossbar, post, but now.... finally!!! She bags!!!

And with the left foot and didnt even celebrate. This girl is f**king bad!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 10:26pm On Oct 19
Currently Spain 4 - 0 South Korea
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:26pm On Oct 19
Too composed
TheSuperNerd:
Harmony Chidi..... Denied by offside decisions, crossbar, post, but now.... finally!!! She bags!!!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:30pm On Oct 19
Can't have Harmony without Peace. Peace Effiong with our 3-0 goal. Keeper error

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32pm On Oct 19
Peace deserves her goal abeg. Full of industry in the first game. Showing more of what she's got in her game in this second match. She is a real deal threat to any opposition at this level. The ying to Harmony's Yang upfront.

BascoVanVeli:
Can't have Harmony without Peace. Peace Effiong with our 3-0 goal. Keeper error
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19
Ecuador's number 1 conceded 2. Asked to be changed due to a knock and partly because she could no longer face this firing squad hitting her with shots.

Ecuador's second choice enters and immediately concedes due to a kick error as the firing squad bore down on her. Now she sees what her number 1 was facing.😁
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19
Sub moshood before she pick 2nd yellow card
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19
She's Ice Cold. I trust she has the right mental profile to make it to the very top.

isan:
Too composed
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ekehopp2: 10:43pm On Oct 19
isan:
Sub moshood before she pick 2nd yellow card
You dey mind the Coach. Even with comfortable lead.
Commentator sef just mentioned, that's he's wondering if we'd have further changes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44pm On Oct 19
We must protect Moshood's left foot at all costs. Nurture and grow it. It is a super weapon. God!!

Please Coachie. Preserve her for the quarters. It is a must she plays that first knockout game ooo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19
Bia, aren't these fourth officials fast?? Raise that board the next time the ball is out of touch and make our changes naa
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:56pm On Oct 19
Uzoma almost spoiling her cleansheet. Hope this teaches her a lesson on the flight of a ball in high cross.

Adegoke with a good goalline headed clearance.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:00pm On Oct 19
That damn left foot again [center][/center] grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00pm On Oct 19
This 4th goal is too smooth. Beautiful buildup and fine finish from Moshood's sweet left foot again.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19
Make dem no cancel am o grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19
I say again. Protect that left foot. It is golden.

TheSuperNerd:
We must protect Moshood's left foot at all costs. Nurture and grow it. It is a super weapon. God!!

Please Coachie. Preserve her for the quarters. It is a must she plays that first knockout game ooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:02pm On Oct 19
What are they looking at na
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:03pm On Oct 19
Wetin these people dey check again?? Hian
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 11:04pm On Oct 19
Coach Olowookere should just play his second team in the game against Dominica so these girls can get ready for quarter finals
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:06pm On Oct 19
solonnachi:
Coach Olowookere should just play his second team in the game against Dominica so these girls can get ready for quarter finals

Will be surprised if he does. Not something an average local coach does.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19
Mehn this Moshood is a machine. She no dey tire. Very sure she is still good to go even after 90+11 mins. What an athlete she is.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:10pm On Oct 19
Moshood had the honor of scoring the Flamingoes 60th U-17 WC goal πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ™Œ

Now, the team has scored 60 in 26 WC matches

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:13pm On Oct 19
While I look forward to us facing a much better team to be absolutely certain, you've got to give credit where it is due.

Coach Bankole put together an exciting team, composed of players with a lot of promise. I remember I couldn't even sit up to finish any of the Super Falconets game as it was so boring and borderline annoying. This is a total departure from that.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 11:15pm On Oct 19
lovewins:
While I look forward to us facing a much better team to be absolutely certain, you've got to give credit where it is due.

Coach Bankole put together an exciting team, composed of players with a lot of promise. I remember I couldn't even sit up to finish any of the Super Falconets game as it was so boring and borderline annoying. This is a total departure from that.

I mentioned this last time after the game against NZ and some folks here were arguing with me
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:17pm On Oct 19
This 3 girls must be protected, Groom and Infact monitored till SuperFalcon level.. The future is here!

8β€’β€’β€’ Shakirat Moshood
9β€’β€’β€’ Harmony Chidi
15β€’β€’β€’ Peace Effiong

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:17pm On Oct 19
Top prospects from this u17 so far after 2 games and 6points in the bag:

Effiong(15) RW. Her ball sense, feints and dribbles stand her out from her teammates. She's a big teamplayer too. She noticed Harmony getting frustrated and began to work harder to assist her striker when she can easily score a hattrick today by herself.

Chidi Harmony(9)
Still hibernating but what a striker. Just needs to allow others in tight space that she can't do much from. Dangerous with her left foot and dribbles

Moshood Shukurat(cool
The odegaard of the team. Still raw and has alot to add to her pace, vision, and shots to be a star.

Abdulwahab Faridat
won all aerial challenges and was even creating attack from deep. 2nd Best ball controller after Effiong in the squad.

Animashaun(11): this geh na LW but she use throughball taya today. A counter attacking talent.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:20pm On Oct 19
lovewins:

Let’s be Sincere Bankole is a better Coach than Danjuma, we can see the style and exciting Play from the girls but the U20 was just too wack, He ruined the talents in that team.

I hope the Current Edo Queens Coach Moses Aduku takes over at the U20 level cause he’s pattern of play is better.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:21pm On Oct 19
TheSuperNerd:

Frustration don wound her. Lol

I hope fringe players play Dominican Republic. Rest those key 4 players. Ekezie needs to calm down o. Adebayo improved so far.

Someone teach Afolabi how to shoot abeg. She always have ball curving in her mind. Chidi shot still hot pass her own. But she was MTN today. Going back, side, middle, front. Chai
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:37pm On Oct 19
Flamingoes next game vs Dominican Republic kicks off at 12am on Wednesday..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 2:26am
FT: Dominican Republic 1-1 New Zealand.

Following the above result, the Flamingos are now through to the quarterfinals!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Goldsplash(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.