Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,753 members, 7,875,886 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (850160 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:06am On Mar 04, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Coach Edwin Okon don da use Brain turn Ugo Njoku to Central Back ooo.
For God Sake this Babe is naturally a Right Back

All the game's she has played this Season, have been from the Central Back Position. She's doing very well in from the position though.

U said she was struggling with fitness so maybe she just doesn't have the speed for the right back position anymore.

If she continues playing that position, we surely have a replacement for Onome Ebi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:03am On Mar 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

U said she was struggling with fitness so maybe she just doesn't have the speed for the right back position anymore.

If she continues playing that position, we surely have a replacement for Onome Ebi

Yes I said so but with Maximum game time she could get back to her usual self and even better... Ugo Njoku was never a Speedy Player but an excellent right back, her Speed was just a tip above average...

Anyway I'm doing my best to see her and Ebere Orji back in the Superfalcon.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Wisdompays: 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2021
After playing with sweat and blood, later the FG will tell AFCON that the cup and the money they won are not for recession but its for paying bandits and herdsmen. oh my God what am I even saying. Do you know that Bet9ja is even better than this country? anyway, check out these link
Top richest football club owners in the world and their Net-worth
OPERANEWSAPP.COM
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Had to share this
I know it's just a short Clips but i need your reviews please... Nigeria Superfalcons Ronaldo Uchenna Kanu, Goals and Highlight 2020 Season..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1jGQxJQjVY

At 23yrs Uchenna Kanu is one of those that has limitless potential, under the right circumstances she could well grow into a real menace and potentially the best player in the world someday.

The Nigerian striker is a proper forward, a laser-sharp focus on nothing but goals, Kanu’s record speaks for itself, her numbers at the collegiate level are so ridiculously high it’s almost unbelievable. 

I believe with two more years to come Kanu Would become unplayable with her techniques, pace, excellent first touch and finishing abilities..
She's currently Living up to expectations.

Playing for one of the top three Biggest Club in Damallsvenskan is another Plus...

#SuperfalconsRonaldo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:47pm On Mar 05, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

At 23yrs Uchenna Kanu is one of those that has limitless potential, under the right circumstances she could well grow into a real menace and potentially the best player in the world someday.

The Nigerian striker is a proper forward, a laser-sharp focus on nothing but goals, Kanu’s record speaks for itself, her numbers at the collegiate level are so ridiculously high it’s almost unbelievable. 

I believe with two more years to come Kanu Would become unplayable with her techniques, pace, excellent first touch and finishing abilities..
She's currently Living up to expectations.

Playing for one of the top three Biggest Club in Damallsvenskan is another Plus...

#SuperfalconsRonaldo

Personally I see her as the successor to Desire Oparanozie. The goals she scores reminds me of Oparanozie's form in 2014.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
naptu2:

Personally I see her as the successor to Desire Oparanozie. The goals she scores reminds me of Oparanozie's form in 2014.

It's great she can play any position upfront but would like to see her come from the Flank because of her pace and her abilities to take on opponents
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
naptu2:

Oparanozie is still a great player any day anytime... Is just that the Pace is no longer there..
She and Emueje are our LUKAKU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Oparanozie is still a great player any day anytime... Is just that the Pace is no longer there..
She and Emueje are our LUKAKU

She is the best striker on the continent

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
African Sisters

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2021

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2021
naptu2:
Chiamaka Nnadozie vs Lyon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nnadoziechiama1/status/1369277054764613638

Mehn to think she doesn't even start for us. She's about to become another Hope Solo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2021
What do u mean she doesn't start for us ? She has been the no1 since the world cup
BascoVanVeli:

Mehn to think she doesn't even start for us. She's about to become another Hope Solo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:43am On Mar 10, 2021
isan:
What do u mean she doesn't start for us ? She has been the no1 since the world cup

Since the world cup? cheesy how many matches have we had since then?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Nnadozie is good but she isn't up to that standard yet not even at retired Precious Dede range..
Goalkeeper get better with age and time. I believe she would get to that level with more playing time and few years to come
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
She's still very young though just 20yrs, Still have enough time to develop.
Having watched few of the game's she had played this season including highlights, I will rate her 5/10. She really need to work on her Coming out for one-on-one ball with Strikers. Her mistakes has cost her team two penalties this season...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Two of the greatest women football goalkeepers in the World from 2006 down to 2016

USA ----- Hope Solo

Germany ----- Nadine Angerer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Nnadozie is good but she isn't up to that standard yet not even at retired Precious Dede range..
Goalkeeper get better with age and time. I believe she would get to that level with more playing time and few years to come

Precious who? Oga I don't agree with that. She is already better than Precious Dede.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
She's still very young though just 20yrs, Still have enough time to develop.
Having watched few of the game's she had played this season including highlights, I will rate her 5/10. She really need to work on her Coming out for one-on-one ball with Strikers. Her mistakes has cost her team two penalties this season...

Her team is also a struggler and she has definitely saved more than she has collected. Put her on a PSG or Lyon and watch her keep cleans sheets like a 5 star hotel

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Precious who? Oga I don't agree with that. She is already better than Precious Dede.

Stop that unnecessary hype, Nnadozie is developing fast and would be dependable in few years to come.
But She isn't at Precious Dede level yet... She wasn't even as good as Tochukwu Oluehi yet sef when Oluehi was at her Age...

#TheFlyingCat
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Stop that unnecessary hype, Nnadozie is developing fast and would be dependable in few years to come.
But She isn't at Precious Dede level yet... She wasn't even as good as Tochukwu Oluehi yet sef when Oluehi was at her Age...

#TheFlyingCat

We must be talking about 2 different Nnadozie's because Oluehi is hanging on to her starting position by a thread. If the coach starts Chiamaka over Oluehi today nobody would bat an eyelid.

At her age she is keeping in the top league in Europe. Name a Nigerian keeper that has ever done that?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

We must be talking about 2 different Nnadozie's because Oluehi is hanging on to her starting position by a thread. If the coach starts Chiamaka over Oluehi today nobody would bat an eyelid.

At her age she is keeping in the top league in Europe. Name a Nigerian keeper that has ever done that?

I don't need to argue with you,,, Because if you have watched Dede and Oluehi in Goal then you won't be saying all this...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
When Alaba Jonathan was at that age she was also excellent but found it difficult to unsettle Dede and Oluehi for the No.1 spot.. She played the role of 3rd choice from 2010 till she went into International Wilderness (Blame Coaches on this) Even Oluehi was on international wilderness for some time while she was the best Goalkeeper in the Belarus and Nigeria Women Premier League then...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
The only Goalkeeper who have yet to Live up to the billing is Onyinyechukwu Okeke, She came into lightmere before Nnadozie but lost it for some time now..
For the current season she's arguably the best goalkeeper in the NWPL

Standing at 1.82m tall..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

I don't need to argue with you,,, Because if you have watched Dede and Oluehi in Goal then you won't be saying all this...

Fine u are the only one that has watched them but pls answer the question. How many other Nigerian goalkeepers have been signed by a top league at Nnadozie's age?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Fine u are the only one that has watched them but pls answer the question. How many other Nigerian goalkeepers have been signed by a top league at Nnadozie's age?

Being Signed by a top league Club does not necessarily mean she was better than them at that age, Everyone opportunity differs, Like Dede she got signed by a Norwegian top Club while she was at 29yrs before then she was doing exploit in the Nigerian League and National Team.

Oluehi signed for a Belarusian club at 26yrs before moving to Norway 3years later..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

By the way I'm not the only one who have watched them between the stick, Whosoever that have watched them and knows about their exploit between the post can bring in their own views.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Being Signed by a top league Club does not necessarily mean she was better than them at that age, Everyone opportunity differs, Like Dede she got signed by a Norwegian top Club while she was at 29yrs before then she was doing exploit in the Nigerian League and National Team.

Oluehi signed for a Belarusian club at 26yrs before moving to Norway 3years later..

She didn't only get signed. She is currently playing for them and 21 isn't 26.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:19am On Mar 11, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

She didn't only get signed. She is currently playing for them and 21 isn't 26.

Sorry to say Dede and Oluehi played for their Various Clubs, Oluehi also played Champions League Games too
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:11am On Mar 11, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Sorry to say Dede and Oluehi played for their Various Clubs, Oluehi also played Champions League Games too

What were they doing at the age of 21 is the question I have asked undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:40am On Mar 11, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Sir/Ma'am..! Chiamaka Nnadozie wasn't at their Level when they were at that same age... I have said it and I will still say it anywhere..

Chiamaka is arguably one of the best Young goalkeepers in the World. She should make top3 sef but i will continue to tell you that she wasn't as good as Dede and Oluehi is when they were at that same age....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:43am On Mar 11, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

You shouldn't be saying what were they doing at that age, so because Chiamaka Nnadozie made it to a top Club earlier than them mean now that Both Dede and Oluehi were failures or not good then..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

She is the best striker on the continent

See eh, we all love her, but the reality of life is, time comes and goes. Who still remembers the extremely beautiful Stella Mbachu and her wing runs. It took time for us to accept she no fit again. Even Perpetua Nkwocha had to take a bow someday. Ugochi is my babe, but it is time to let the caterpillars fly if the older butterflies leave the field. I actually watched Mercy Akide, so what am saying is, we have to let go sometimes

2005 was their year. Ugochi, Okobi, Ordega and Oshoala but SFN just have to slowly find another et of incredible front hoha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (1098) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: SamueItem337(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.