Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,915 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:09 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (855598 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:44pm On Apr 05, 2018
Petersson has worked with several top Swedish clubs including Moheda IF, Osters IF, Vaxjo, Alvesta Golf, IFK Varmamo, Malmo FF, Kalmar FF and Linkopings FC, was assistant coach of the Swedish U23 women team between 2006-2012 and scouted for the Swedish women national team at last year’s European Championship.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mazimee(m): 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Nigeria Superfalcon training this Morning ahead of France game.

Falcons have been more productive and consistent in the National team football. I hope they beat French ladies
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
somehow:
But this girl small o.. hopefully her pace and footwork will lift her up.
the Japanese female team are small too
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
olapluto:

OK sir. I'll let the coaches decide. But I will be surprised if she plays a minute of the friendly. Except she's in top physical shape, the training might be too much for her self. However, she's a good addition to the team.
My candid advice to her will be to join the Nigerian league so as to improve.
I do like her family though. Hardworking people. I watch Lateef's youtube a lot, and it screams of talent and hardwork.
join the Nigeria league?no no
She may not be physical strong but she bring a different set of skills to the team
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
enomakos:
join the Nigeria league?no no
She may not be physical strong but she bring a different set of skills to the team
exactly
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
i_love_her patriotic habit we all should emulate_her

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
Oshoala “Sad, Pained” To Miss Super Falcons Vs France Friendly

By Johnny Edward:

Super Falcons striker Asisat Oshoala has expressed her disappointment at missing out on the team’s international friendly against France on Friday in Le Mans, reports Completesportnigeria.com.

Oshoala was left out of the squad of 18 players to face France in the Falcons first game in over 15 months.

The Super Falcons last played on December 3, 2016, in the final of the African Women’s Cup of Nations against hosts Cameroon.

“I totally understand and appreciate the concern of our dear supporters. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control, I won’t be part of the team to participate in the friendly against France. Sad and pained but would be giving my full support to the team. #SuperFalcons,” Oshoala tweeted on Thursday.

She however refuted claims she was injured when a fan asked if she was.

“No sir,” she responded.

The Dalian Quanjian star is the reigning African Women’s Player of the Year.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2018
Super_Falcons had a feel of the Stade MMArena ahead of their friendly game against France Women's National Team.
#SoarSuperFalcons #FRANGA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2018
Super Falcons At The M M ARENA Dressing Room.(France).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AIG07: 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Super Falcons don copy Super Eagles. Na picture our national teams de shoot for camp.

I'm loving it.

Well done to you guys for keeping us updated.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
My score prediction> France 4 - 2 Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:19pm On Apr 05, 2018
olapluto:
My score prediction> France 4 - 2 Nigeria.

Hummmm, this is an open game!
I so much believe our Superfalcons will play well,
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
I'm just happy that the Super Falcons are now given some attention like the Super Eagles. Hopefully, Dennerby and Petersson will organize more friendly matches for these teams. I see Nigeria playing a friendly game against Sweden or even England. To me the friendly match scores do not matter, what matters is the cohesion, understanding, blending and harmony.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:40am On Apr 06, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Super Falcons At The M M ARENA Dressing Room.(France).

This confirms that they won't b wearing the new jerseys....

Well, I hope they play well...

#soarsuperfalcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:43am On Apr 06, 2018
Enoma222:
i_love_her patriotic habit we all should emulate_her

A visit to her social media pages shows that she has mad love for Nigeria...

I hope she does well to his to justify her inclusion in the team..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 1:26am On Apr 06, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Well this is a good test for the falcons, but l would have preferred they started by playing against teams like Switzerland, Poland, Finland, or even Denmark especially after being inactive for over a year.
l believe they can possibly beat such teams and then boost their confidence before playing the likes of Frances, but then l could be wrong.
Nevertheless, it's a welcome development by the nff and goodluck to the falcons.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 4:33am On Apr 06, 2018
Danielnino00:

A visit to her social media pages shows that she has mad love for Nigeria...

I hope she does well to his to justify her inclusion in the team..
_i_hope so too....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:06am On Apr 06, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

They will play well, but France is a more active team. The understanding is there, unlike our girls who have only trained together twice. Plenty stray passes and defensive holes expected.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2018
More Pics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:36am On Apr 06, 2018
Nigeria: France Vs Nigeria Friendly - Super Falcons Vow to Put Up a Fight

Super Falcons players are determined to avoid defeat, as they play against their French counterparts this evening in Le Mans.
An interesting game is at hand, with Nigeria parading a mix of veterans and upcoming stars, while France, who finished in fourth place at the FIFA World Cup finals in Germany seven years ago, also boast a number of new prospects.
The Falcons are in Le Mans without top star Asisat Oshoala, but foreign-based professionals like Desire Oparanozie and Francisca Ordega are available for this high-profile encounter. "We are Super Falcons of Nigeria. We will show our own class against France," defender Glory Ogbonna maintained. "We have the quality and want a good result to improve our FIFA Rankings.
"There is no fear. We will go there to give our best.
"We need all the support and we promise to make Nigeria proud."
This will be coach Thomas Dennerby first official game in charge of the Falcons.
While Skipper Rita Chikwelu, Josephine Chukwunonye, Faith Ikidi, Ugo Njoku, Osinachi Ohale, Ngozi Okobi, Francis Ordega and Desire Oparanozie have been everywhere and seen it all, goalkeepers Onyinyechukwu Okeke and Chiamaka Nnadozie, as well as Glory Ogbonna and Anam Imo are starry -eyed and looking to notch senior caps.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2018
Match Day, Lunchtime (Super Falcons).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Match Day, Lunchtime (Super Falcons).
_more_abeg
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2018
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
NIGERIA superfalcons Line up VS the Le Blues of France
Nigeria Starting XI: Nnadozie, Chukwunonye, Ikidi, Ohale, Ebere, Chikwelu, Okobi, Sunday, Oparanozie, Ordega, Imo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
Superfalcons Lineup

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Superfalcons Lineup
where_sofia_Omidiji??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2018
Enoma222:
where_sofia_Omidiji??
On the bench

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 5:43pm On Apr 06, 2018
This is a very good line up, but then Anam lmo benching Courtney Dike and lni Umotong for a start? l never saw that coming, lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 5:43pm On Apr 06, 2018
Enoma222:
where_sofia_Omidiji??
she is on the bench
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
enomakos:
she is on the bench
_oooh_i_really_wanna_see_dis_girl_play football

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2018
Daejoyoung:
This is a very good line up, but then Anam lmo benching Courtney Dike and lni Umotong for a start? l never saw that coming, lol.
dat_why_it_a_friendly match new leg need to be tested
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2018
Super_falcons XI Vs France WNT at the Stade MMArena. Kickoff: 9pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (1106) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: BascoVanVeli(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.