Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,928 members, 7,966,438 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:37 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (940577 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (1183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ashleigh has been our best player so far. Ordega and Ajibade haven't really clicked yet.

Midfield to attack has been disjointed no clear pattern.

Defense has held firm and been solid.

Attack needs to be seriously tweaked. The Cameroonians are for the taking but the coach needs to earn smart up and do the needful.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
Okobi has been really poor. Ucheibe is doing her job perfectly and Ayinde too...
Why is Onumonu running like someone coming from labour room.... Maybe Kanu or MacLean should come in.

By the way, this ref has been � so far..... Good officiating.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Am so fuckin tired of okobi's set pieces.

No tantrums and ranting o. Let match finish now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Ennyjay69(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
Pidginwhisper:
When they meet better opponent you go see difference.
okay then
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2022
Danielnino00:

Kanu for Onumonu... Gift for Ordega...
Gift for Okobi rather with Ajibade moving to the centre.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Time for randy to ditch this conservative play and bring in real pressure.

Haba mana, let the coach do his job now!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
They concentrated focus on Ajibade's wing leaving Ordega's wing open. This game might be won by setpiece. The Cameroon ladies are showing their physical side. I see Ajibade, Onumonu and Ayinde panting. Ucheibe is doing well. Okobi should getat from those Setpieces abeg. Chai Alozie!!
The Cam keeper is absolutely flushed and scared. We are too except at the back. Theirs arent. We need to make this count asap

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
Danielnino00:
To be fair, the referee has been favouring us more than Cameroon..

And again, it isn't our fault...The Cameroonians are really physical...
Dont think she’s been favoring us, she’s been making the right calls, nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
isan:
Match is not boring we all know you are a certified hater
oga e boring how many shots on target? Ref dey stop game every two minutes
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
mostob:
Gift for Okobi rather with Ajibade moving to the centre.

I will do Alozie for Okobi, Payne moving to the middle and Uchenna for Ordega

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
Just like I predicted, the Cameroonians put up a good fight defensively and of course had a lot of fouls and 2 yellow cards already.

To be fair, the Cameroonians have been disciplined tactically. It's obvious their strategy is to overload the middle and counter whenever they have the chance and they've done the perfectly. The negative effect of that is we won't be able to freely move the ball through the middle hence we'll get little opportunities close to the arch.

We played better though and I expect we improve on this in the second half. Okobi hasn't impressed me really. Her set pieces have been poor and she looses possession in the middle, then holds on to the ball too long. I'll like to see Kanu come in for Ordega and Okobi replaced then Ucheibe move forward to connect with the attack.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ucheibe and Ayinde are the perfect fit for that midfield. They have been really good as I expected they would be when played together.

7 attempts towards goal in the first half but none on target. The moment we direct our attempts on target, I trust we would see a goal or two.

The Camerounians have been on the defensive all half depending on long balls to launch quick counters.

Ajibade and Ordega needs to play much closer to Onumonu off the ball so as to keep up with our attacking phases and get the goals we need.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2022
Uchenna is pacy than Onumonu. But on two occasions, Onumonu was alone with the ball facing Estelle and no one ran towards her to get a free pass. That's bad. Very bad.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
mostob:
Okobi has been really poor. Ucheibe is doing her job perfectly and Ayinde too...
Why is Onumonu running like someone coming from labour room.... Maybe Kanu or MacLean should come in.

By the way, this ref has been � so far..... Good officiating.

Mcclean ko, close-up ni

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
This match is among the best top 3 matches played so far in this tournament.
Very entertaining. Nigeria playing the way we have been expecting them to play in this tournament.

The game is sooo intense and I will give it to ayinde and ucheibe. Onumonu is very good just that her pace is bit slow. She has adapted quick into the physicality of african football. Not forgetting plumptry.

Substitution should be on okobi. She has tried so far but we need faster mid-fielder, so i will go for Otu while ayinde take the AM role. Kalu can replace Onumonu to add more pressure and make the cameroonian defense commit.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:00pm On Jul 14, 2022
I won't call waht i saw with the Cameroon defence composed. They're not compact or composed. We are just not hitting target well. The scare is there and i bet you, they want to go all the way without conceding. Some 1-2 in their box can bring a pk our way cos they won't wana conceed. So far they've not been able to enter our box so lets press these ladies abeg
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
To think this ref is from SA makes me wonder what she's up to.... she's been so so good in officiating.... so good that I suspect her. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
Rita Chikwelu is warming up... All i can say is hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
Oh worth mentioning.

The referee has been fair really, a little biased in Nigeria's favour but generally fair
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
Whatever Chikwelu dey tell Waldrum at the beginning of this second half better not have anything to do with her coming in abeg. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 7:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
justicechichex:
Rita Chikwelu is warming up... All i can say is hmmmm

Oga's girlfriend is coming on. But how come folks here have raved about Ucheibe and the coach didn't see that she deserves to start all this while until the girl forced his hand with her performance in her first game?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Ennyjay69(m): 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
This ordega should getat jare

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
lovewins:
Just like I predicted, the Cameroonians put up a good fight defensively and of course had a lot of fouls and 2 yellow cards already.

To be fair, the Cameroonians have been disciplined tactically. It's obvious their strategy is to overload the middle and counter whenever they have the chance and they've done the perfectly. The negative effect of that is we won't be able to freely move the ball through the middle hence we'll get little opportunities close to the arch.

We played better though and I expect we improve on this in the second half. Okobi hasn't impressed me really. Her set pieces have been poor and she looses possession in the middle, then holds on to the ball too long. I'll like to see Kanu come in for Ordega and Okobi replaced then Ucheibe move forward to connect with the attack.

stop lying undecided undecided undecided

this is what you predicted below.

lovewins:

I am unperturbed about today's game. We'll beat Cameroon easily and I'm not even worried. As long as Randy starts the right people, we'll won't struggle.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2022
Rasheedat Ajibade has got to be the player in this Super Falcons team on display right now with the arguably the best close control of the ball. It's in her DNA.

Toni Payne also gets a mention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Oga's girlfriend is coming on. But how come folks here have raved about Ucheibe and the coach didn't see that she deserves to start all this while until the girl forced his hand with her performance in her first game?

He shud calm down let there be a goal first b4 bringing her

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by theophilusj31(m): 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
codemaniacs:

stop lying undecided undecided undecided

this is what you predicted below.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Ennyjay69(m): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
Goal jor
Ajibade

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ajibadeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ajibade!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
That was a sweet goal
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
Okobi who has been criticised by most here did most of the brilliant work and held it up nicely for Onumonu who found Ajibade on the left with a pin point cross.

Brilliant goal. Brilliant football.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2022
e be like sabc no show again o for youtube

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (1183) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.