Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,287 members, 7,934,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:01 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (910119 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (1164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
So what were the lapses? Cos this win isn't going to cloud that.

The foul throws? What else?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deltamani:
Battle for World Cup spot will be tough…

With this Player’s coming back to the team

Patricia George
Onyinyechi Zogg
Chinaza Uchendu
Roosa Ariyo
Desire Oparanozie
Asisat Oshoala
Esther Okoronkwo

Nigeria Superfalcons Squad depth is just top notch

Wish we had a better Coach, anyway Randy don try small at least we don qualify for WC

Anyway Asisat Oshoala remains Superfalcons Ultimate Striker, her Spot for sure is secured. The only thing that would stop her is injury which i pray will not happened…

Desire Oparanozie still very much needed and Randy need to sort out his best 3 upfront…
Ajibade look to have stolen one spot as Okobi still trying to play her way back to top form..!

Ucheibe and Ayinde best pair at DM and CM for now…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deltamani:

Patricia George
Onyinyechi Zogg
Chinaza Uchendu
Roosa Ariyo
Desire Oparanozie
Asisat Oshoala
Esther Okoronkwo

Wish we had a better Coach, anyway Randy don try small at least we don qualify for WC

In order of importance to me

Oparanozie
Zogg
George

The Payne sister will be at the WC. So Toni switched wings against our Archrivals and excelled. Chai

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deltamani:

Anyway Asisat Oshoala remains Superfalcons Ultimate Striker, her Spot for sure is secured. The only thing that would stop her is injury which i pray will not happened…

Desire Oparanozie still very much needed and Randy need to sort out his best 3 upfront…
Ajibade look to have stolen one spot as Okobi still trying to play her way back to top form..!

Ucheibe and Ayinde best pair at DM and CM for now…
esther okoronkwo has a spot too. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:

Oparanozie
Zogg
George

The Payne sister will be at the WC. So Toni switched wings against our Archrivals and excelled. Chai
...about esther....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deltamani:

Patricia George
Onyinyechi Zogg
Chinaza Uchendu
Roosa Ariyo
Desire Oparanozie
Asisat Oshoala
Esther Okoronkwo

How about Chinwendu Ihezuo and Chidimma Okeke

Okobi and Orderga were good today but a bit slow. We need creative attackers like Orderga with her old pace

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
carbonado:
...about esther....
it will be harder now, sincerely.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:
it will be harder now, sincerely.
...really,esther too me is better than macleans, and maybe monday or ikechukwu vivian. except the injury keeps her out, or she is not her old self, to me, she will make the squad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
carbonado:
...really,esther too me is better than macleans, and maybe monday or ikechukwu vivian. except the injury keeps her out, or she is not her old self, to me, she will make the squad.
If na replacement for Macleans, maybe
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
So Onumonu cross was the first cross of the match

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:

Oparanozie
Zogg
George

Esther is more important than the three of them combined. She's another Ajibade. Speed, Control, Ball sense.

Oparanozie will cancel out macleans with immediate effect. As George/Zogg against the two Ogbonnas. Time will tell how it goes. The Ogbonnas have not really made impact though.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:

Main lapse. Our pass accuracy dropped seriously. I'll be waiting to see if that repeats against Morocco.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Esther is more important than the three of them combined. She's another Ajibade. Speed, Control, Ball sense.

Oparanozie will cancel out macleans with immediate effect. As George/Zogg against the two Ogbonnas. Time will tell how it goes. The Ogbonnas have not really made impact though.
.....i thought i am the only who is feeling esther game....She is tricky, and very strong on the ball, technically gifted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 10:39pm On Jul 14, 2022
codemaniacs:

Stop or reduce the boasting to 0.01%..

The way onome ebi was causing the Cameroonian players to fall in the box if we were playing Morocco that would have a penalty and sending off or yellow card for onome ebi..

When SF played France at the last world cup they got penalty..

If the referee gives Morocco at least 2 penalties then it will be difficult for the SF to win especially if the SF don't score.

You're right... Morocco have had the referees on their side in most of the games they have played so far, plus they are quite good with set pieces..So we have to be careful..

Under normal circumstances, they are no match for us...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2022
south africa won enter one chance, God save them, almost a penalty at 90 mins
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by gatecrash123: 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ref that's a penalty na

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
Best two losers Botswana and Senegal to play the intercontinental playoffs. Cameroun and Tunisia dead AF
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:

Oparanozie
Zogg
George

Esther Okoronkwo, my best falcon at the moment because of how skillful she is. I like skillful players.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 11:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

Right!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
codemaniacs:

You're using style to change mouth grin grin

It was not a suggestion... You wanted her to be playing midfield ..
well... whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Best two losers Botswana and Senegal to play the intercontinental playoffs. Cameroun and Tunisia dead AF

Not true...
There will be another playoff between all four teams..

Botswana vs Cameroon

Senegal vs Tunisia..

To be played on Sunday

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
Danielnino00:

You're right... Morocco have had the referees on their side in most of the games they have played so far, plus they are quite good with set pieces..So we have to be careful..

Under normal circumstances, they are no match for us...

This seems to be the case.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:

We start tournament focused on Alozie Brilliance, but e be like na Ucheibe's brilliance we go focus on till the end o. Girl was everywhere. Even when the forwards were already panting, she was doing triple work. Ayinde was weak at a point, Ucheibe stepped up. Covered for Plumptre at a point and was still doing her primary assignment.

Plumptre really revealed her technical side today. What i like was Ajibade was giving a listening ear to her teammate over those Setpieces.
Sure.... like I said, Ucheibe is Kante and Ndidi rolled into one. Girl was everywhere. The only one giving it to the cameroonians on the physical front.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deltamani:

Patricia George
Onyinyechi Zogg
Chinaza Uchendu
Roosa Ariyo
Desire Oparanozie
Asisat Oshoala
Esther Okoronkwo

Patricia George and Esther will be great additions. I don't know much about Uchendu and Zogg be like person wey wan do modelling grin
Oshoala is just there.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:

Onumonu was kinda sluggish...
Alozie losing concentration...
Ebi looking shaky...
No plan be for Ucheibe and Ayinde...
Okobi losing many balls in the middle...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

Oparanozie will cancel out macleans with immediate effect As George/Zogg against the two Ogbonnas. Time will tell how it goes. The Ogbonnas have not really made impact though.
She may able to cancel out MacLean but what of other forwards? Desire will need to do something extraordinary for her to get a WC spot especially when you consider she has not been exceptional for us in a while now

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
carbonado:
south africa won enter one chance, God save them, almost a penalty at 90 mins
that was a penalty but I'm glad the ref didn't give them. Serves them right...
Falcons should just do normal against Morocco.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
Danielnino00:

Not true...
There will be another playoff between all four teams..

Botswana vs Cameroon

Senegal vs Tunisia..

To be played on Sunday
Can you explain that to me pls. The spin I wrote earlier was all from my head.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tinneh: 11:16pm On Jul 14, 2022
daveP:
Caf president pack his 4pikin for there like say they do one better thing this season. As for me, its Nnadozie's omission that's paining me more than Ajibade's. Why? Cos she's recognized globally in club football. Yet, back home, caf overlooks her. Politics of the mud. They can't even try and hide it. They pack 4 SA players. Shameful.
This refiloe Jane girl soo good sha...see her through balls today mehn....overall we should be beating SA but I have to give it to them...so far they have been the most organised team in terms of playing style

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tinneh: 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deltamani:

Patricia George
Onyinyechi Zogg
Chinaza Uchendu
Roosa Ariyo
Desire Oparanozie
Asisat Oshoala
Esther Okoronkwo

Please where is that lady that assisted oshoala at the Wc...and also is ngozi ebere retired??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2022
Rasheedat Ajibade’s header was enough for Nigeria to go through vs. Cameroon! �

How do you see this line up?
Want any Change?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (1164) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.