Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,249 members, 7,939,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:46 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (915481 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
My defenders for the AWCON Onome Ebi 35yrs Center Back Faith Ikidi 31yrs Fullback/Center Back Osinachi Ohale 26yrs Center Back/Right Back Ngozi Ebere 27yrs Left Back Josephine Chukwunonye 26yrs Center Back Glory Ogbonna 19yrs Left Back/Center Back Joy Jegede 26yrs. Center Back
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
My defenders for the AWCON Onome Ebi 35yrs Center Back Faith Ikidi 31yrs Fullback/Center Back Osinachi Ohale 26yrs Center Back/Right Back Ngozi Ebere 27yrs Left Back Josephine Chukwunonye 26yrs Center Back Glory Ogbonna 19yrs Left Back/Center Back Joy Jegede 26yrs. Center Back
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Evelyn Nwabuoku is there
Amarachi Okoronkwo also
Osarenoma Igbinovia is available and she is currently playing as a DMF for Bayelsa Queens...
Christy Ucheibe is still very young and needs alot of experience for the big stage...

Experience Rita Chikwelu can also be deployed as a DMF... But she best perform as an Attacking midfielder/Center Midfielder.

But the coach has not used Evelyn since he came and I feel Igbinovia is more of a box to box midfielder. I have not watched Amarachi before so I will reserve my comment. I think Christy should be given a closer look because she really looks the part, someone who can do the dirty work and free our forwards to play their football.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:45am On Oct 15, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

But the coach has not used Evelyn since he came and I feel Igbinovia is more of a box to box midfielder. I have not watched Amarachi before so I will reserve my comment. I think Christy should be given a closer look because she really looks the part, someone who can do the dirty work and free our forwards to play their football.
Evelyn Nwabuoku is still the Best for that position due to her experience and current form.. I hope Thomas Dennerby and his coaching crew get to Use her..
Osarenoma Igbinovia is getting married on the 21st of October, I hope Honeymoon doesn't affect her form oh.. because the Awcon is very close.. even though she won't get a starting role, she is a perfect replacement for any player in the midfield.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:22am On Oct 15, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

The defence is pretty okay.... But the likes of veteran's Onome Ebi 35yrs and Faith Ikidi need to be replaced.
Ugo Njoku is currently out of the pecking order..

I think we need a mix of experience. Central defenders dont need pace that much in the women's game. I'll start with Onome Ebi and Ikidi in central defence. Believe me Faith Ikidi has been doing well as a central defender for her club. She still has some pace she brings from the wing back position.
If we sort out the defence, then the attack is pseudo-ready. The front 5 is picked by default, but it will be nice to see Ihezuo come fight for her place.
Also, Alaba Jonathan still as number 1?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Evelyn Nwabuoku is still the Best for that position due to her experience and current form.. I hope Thomas Dennerby and his coaching crew get to Use her..
Osarenoma Igbinovia is getting married on the 21st of October, I hope Honeymoon doesn't affect her form oh.. because the Awcon is very close.. even though she won't get a starting role, she is a perfect replacement for any player in the midfield.

If she's marrying on 21st, I would say she should be excused from the tournament. If she however wants to go, then she's got a week honeymoon before camp opens.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
olapluto:

I think we need a mix of experience. Central defenders dont need pace that much in the women's game. I'll start with Onome Ebi and Ikidi in central defence. Believe me Faith Ikidi has been doing well as a central defender for her club. She still has some pace she brings from the wing back position.
If we sort out the defence, then the attack is pseudo-ready. The front 5 is picked by default, but it will be nice to see Ihezuo come fight for her place.
Also, Alaba Jonathan still as number 1?
The possible starters on the defence will always be
Ngozi Ebere at LB
Onome Ebi at CB
Osinachi Ohale at CB
Faith Ikidi at RB ......
As for Osarenoma Igbinovia Date of birth 5 June 1996 (age 22)...I think her marriage won't affect her making the team for the AWCON.
Tochukwu Oluehi will possibly be no1 ahead of Alaba Jonathan

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
I believe if we start our preparation early enough, it will help us do better in terms of performance. This is a World Cup qualifying competition and we must face it with all seriousness.
“I have submitted my provisional squad to the Federation and should be made public soon as we hope to start camping in other to pick the best legs for the championship before November 5.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
Rinsola Babajide- I think we should invite her to the falcons. She played U20 for England, and she's improving well with Liverpool. She might be another Courtney Dike.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
NFF COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT

Ghana 2018: Dennerby invites Oshoala, Oparanozie, Nnadozie, 45 others to camp

Head Coach Thomas Dennerby has invited a total of 29 home –based and 19 overseas –based professionals for the first phase of camping of the Senior Women National Team, Super Falcons, ahead of next month’s 11th Women Africa Cup of Nations taking place in Ghana.

On the list of players who are expected to resume camp at the Jubilee Chalets, Epe, Lagos State on Thursday, 18th October are reigning African Woman Player of the Year Asisat Oshoala, ace forward Desire Oparanozie, goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie and defender Glory Ogbonna.

There are also goalkeepers Alaba Jonathan and Tochukwu Oluehi, defenders Joy Jegede and Onome Ebi, midfielders Halimat Ayinde and Osarenoma Igbinovia and forwards Francisca Ordega and Anam Imo.

Cup holders and winners of eight out of the 10 editions of the championship staged so far, the Super Falcons qualified to defend their title in Ghana after spanking their Gambian counterparts home and away in their only qualification fixture.

All the players have been asked to report at the Jubilee Chalets, Chalet Road, off Obafemi Awolowo Road, Epe Town on Thursday.

The Falcons defeated hosts Cameroon 1-0 in the final of the last edition of the Women Africa Cup of Nations in December 2016.

The 11th Women Africa Cup of Nations will be staged in the Ghanaian cities of Accra and Cape Coast cities, 17th November – 1st December 2018. The Draw for the eight –nation championship has been scheduled for Sunday, 21st October.

ALL THE INVITED PLAYERS

Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi (Rivers Angels); Christy Ohiaeriaku (Confluence Queens); Alaba Jonathan (Bayelsa Queens); Chiamaka Nnadozie (Rivers Angels); Onyinyechukwu Okeke (Edo Queens)

Defenders: Glory Ogbonna (Ibom Angels); Joy Jegede (Bayelsa Queens); Ugochi Emenayo (Nasarawa Amazons); Maureen Okpala (Confluence Queens); Mariam Ibrahim (Nasarawa Amazons); Sarah Nnodim (Nasarawa Amazons); Ngozi Ebere (Barcelona FC, Cyprus); Joy Duru (Nasarawa Amazons); Faith Michael (Pitea IF, Sweden); Onome Ebi (Henan Huisanhang, China); Juliet Lorliam (Nasarawa Amazons); Osinachi Ohale (Vaxjo DFF, Sweden); Josephine Chukwunonye (Asarum AIF, Sweden)

Midfielders: Osarenoma Igbinovia (Bayelsa Queens); Christy Ucheibe (Nasarawa Amazons); Amarachi Okoronkwo (Nasarawa Amazons); Ogechi Ukwuoma (Pelican Stars); Peace Efih (Edo Queens); Bashirat Amoo (Confluence Queens); Goodness Onyebuchi (Sunshine Queens); Nneka Julius (Edo Queens); Patience Agbokade (Sunshine Queens); Mary Anjor (Osun Babes); Ngozi Okobi (Eskiltuna UTD, Sweden); Rita Chikwelu (Krstianstand DFF, Sweden); Christy Adule (Biik Kazygurt, Kazakhstan); Halimat Ayinde (Asarum AIF, Sweden); Ogonna Chukwudi (Krstianstand DFF, Sweden)

Forwards: Chidinma Okeke (FC Robo Queens); Anam Imo (Nasarawa Amazons); Alice Ogebe (Rivers Angels); Joy Jerry (Bayelsa Queens); Chioma Wogu (Rivers Angels); Rasheedat Ajibade (FC Robo Queens); Asisat Oshoala (Dalian Quanjian, China); Francisca Ordega (Washington Spirit, USA); Desire Oparanozie (En Avant Guingamp, France); Chinaza Uchendu (SC Braga, Portugal); Ebere Orji (Mallbackens Lysvik, Sweden); Esther Sunday (Konak Belediyespor); Uchechi Sunday( China) ; Courtney Dike (Oklahoma City, USA); Chinwendu Ihezuo (Biik Kazygurt, Kazakhstan)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
*Innocent Question*
please, where is Evelyn Nwabuoku the team captain ?
what is her offence ?
is she no longer a super falcons player with all that she has done this season for Rivers Angels from winning first ever champions shield in February this year to playing every minutes and every match in NWPL and Aiteo Cup matches yet she isn't included in the invited players list to camp ?
why ?
what has she done wrong ?
who has she offended ?

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
*NIGERIA WOMEN PREMIER LEAGUE: BAYELSA QUEENS ADIKWU NAMED MANAGER OF THE MONTH: EVELYN NWABUOKU WINS BEST PLAYER AWARD FOR SEPTEMBER*

Bayelsa Queens Moses Adikwu has been named September's Nigeria Women Premier League manager of the month after guiding the Yenagoa side to two victories in the month of September.

Its Adikwu's first season at the club, after he replaced Mike Ekpeyong during the course of the season and has done well in the league and also taking his team to the semi-final of the Aiteo Cup Competition where they crashed out to rivals Rivers Angels.

He beat Rivers Angels Edwin Okon, FC Robo's Emmauel Osahon, Nasarawa Amazons Christopher Danjuma and Sunshine Queens manager Wemimo Matthew to the award.

Meanwhile in the player's category, Evelyn Nwabuoku became the first Rivers Angels player to win the NWPL player of the month Award.

The Super Falcons midfielder was an important factor in her team's successes in September as she brought in her wealth of experience to play when mostly needed.

Her leadership qualities on and off the pitch also ensured her side got to the final of this year's AITEO Cup, which is going to be a repeat of last year's final where they met Ibom Angels in Jos, but this time around the game will be played in Yenagoa.

The award will be presented to the winners in Yenagoa before the final of this year's AITEO Cup Women's finals.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
45 players, old and new yet the captain is missing... the most productive midfielder we have now is missing...
what wrong has she done??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2018

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
*Innocent Question*
please, where is Evelyn Nwabuoku the team captain ?
what is her offence ?
is she no longer a super falcons player with all that she has done this season for Rivers Angels from winning first ever champions shield in February this year to playing every minutes and every match in NWPL and Aiteo Cup matches yet she isn't included in the invited players list to camp ?
why ?
what has she done wrong ?
who has she offended ?

I think it has something to do with Edwin Okon. She was his captain and if I am not mistaken she has not been regular since his firing
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
BREAKING: Kenya wins protest against Equatorial Guinea

Equatorial Guinea women team has been disqualified from the Total Women's Cup of Nations 2018 following an appeal by Kenya after fielding ineligible players in their qualification tie.

#AWCON2018
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Equatorial Guinea women team has been disqualified from the Total Women's Cup of Nations 2018 following an appeal by Kenya after fielding ineligible players in their qualification tie.

#AWCON2018
These people never learn!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
Just when I was thinking we would have a really tough AWCOn campaign because of the return of Equatorial Guinea, they again bleep themselves up. Sad.

Anyway, congrats to the Kenyatta girls... Akwaaba to Ghana 2018.

Schemerkhiz:

#AWCON2018

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Just when I was thinking we would have a really tough AWCOn campaign because of the return of Equatorial Guinea, they again bleep themselves up. Sad.

Anyway, congrats to the Kenyatta girls... Akwaaba to Ghana 2018.

The Equatorial Guineans even fielded SIX ineligible players shocked
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
If NFF want to be responsible, they should chatter a flight and sponsor ALL girls in camp to the wedding of Osas Igbinovia on saturday. They fly them back after.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by khunz: 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
I pray we select our best team with winning mentality.

We need to inject fresh and talented legs into the team. Our players run out of steam in the 2nd half.

Ghanaians are not smiling, they know hosting to win is their easiest route to winning their first ever women AFCON and they mean to do so.

Cameroon is another worthy opponent they played an international friendly last month.

It is not our birthright ,we must work hard to earn it.

All the best to our darling team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:58am On Oct 18, 2018
Yeah... It was that bad. But it was one particular player's case that totally knocked Eq Guinea out. One Jacky Messomo lady like that... She is said to be of camerounian nationality not Guinean.

CAF fined them 10,000 dollars added to the pain of them being kicked out.

That Equatorial Guinea team really won't relent on trying to beat the beaureacratic circles of players eligibility/nationality.

PDPGuy:

The Equatorial Guineans even fielded SIX ineligible players shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:01am On Oct 18, 2018
Wow... Jamaica's women's NT just qualified for their first ever FIFA WWC. They will be in France 2019. Congrats Reggae Girlz.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 2:28am On Oct 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Wow... Jamaica's women's NT just qualified for their first ever FIFA WWC. They will be in France 2019. Congrats Reggae Girlz.

Wow
Congrats to them �
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 2:28am On Oct 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Yeah... It was that bad. But it was one particular player's case that totally knocked Eq Guinea out. One Jacky Messomo lady like that... She is said to be of camerounian nationality not Guinean.

CAF fined them 10,000 dollars added to the pain of them being kicked out.

That Equatorial Guinea team really won't relent on trying to beat the beaureacratic circles of players eligibility/nationality.

Oh okay
I wonder how Eq Guinea would pay the $10,000 fine though
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nigeria Coach Explains How He Picked Provisional Roster, Why AWCON-Winning Captain Was Dropped
Published: October 18, 2018
Nigeria women's national football team coach, Thomas Dennerby has explained why Rivers Angels star Evelyn Nwabuoku has been left out of the 48-woman provisional roster announced on Wednesday ahead of the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations.
29 home-based players and 19 foreign-based professionals have been called up, as the team seek a record extending eleventh African title.
While the likes of Asisat Oshoala, Desire Oparanozie, Ngozi Okobi and Francisca Ordega made the cut, 2014 AWCON-Winning captain Nwabuoku was omitted and Dennerby admitted that it was a tough decision.
''She (Nwabuoku) was in the camp before we played Gambia in the qualification game, she is a really good player with good touches on the ball. She had a little bit lack of fitness.
''It's a tough situation, finally we had to pick the squad with the best players to follow the roster we kept for the team.''
Responding to a question on how he selected the 48 players, the Super Falcons manager said that he wanted the team to be built around speedy players in attack and defense.
''First of all, you have to be in good form as usual, you have to have players with good performances.
''The assistant coaches and I looked for players who know how to play attacking and defensive football.
''We like to play quick football, we are trying to find quick and good players so we know we have a speedy team,'' Dennerby added.
The 2018 Africa Women Africa Cup of Nations will be staged in the Ghanaian cities of Accra and Cape Coast, 17th November – 1st December 2018.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nigerian Superfalcons Midfielder Osarenoma Igbinovia with her Husband during their traditional wedding.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Nigeria Coach Explains How He Picked Provisional Roster, Why AWCON-Winning Captain Was Dropped
Nigeria women's national football team coach, Thomas Dennerby has explained why Rivers Angels star Evelyn Nwabuoku has been left out of the 48-woman provisional roster announced on Wednesday ahead of the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations.
29 home-based players and 19 foreign-based professionals have been called up, as the team seek a record extending eleventh African title.
While the likes of Asisat Oshoala, Desire Oparanozie, Ngozi Okobi and Francisca Ordega made the cut, 2014 AWCON-Winning captain Nwabuoku was omitted and Dennerby admitted that it was a tough decision.
''She (Nwabuoku) was in the camp before we played Gambia in the qualification game, she is a really good player with good touches on the ball. She had a little bit lack of fitness.
''It's a tough situation, finally we had to pick the squad with the best players to follow the roster we kept for the team.''
Responding to a question on how he selected the 48 players, the Super Falcons manager said that he wanted the team to be built around speedy players in attack and defense.
''First of all, you have to be in good form as usual, you have to have players with good performances.
''The assistant coaches and I looked for players who know how to play attacking and defensive football.
''We like to play quick football, we are trying to find quick and good players so we know we have a speedy team,'' Dennerby added.
The 2018 Africa Women Africa Cup of Nations will be staged in the Ghanaian cities of Accra and Cape Coast, 17th November – 1st December 2018.

You are telling me that out of 48 u can't get her in there to reassess the fitness level you saw months ago? Let us see how it goes but I am not impressed.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
so Courtney dike is finally back grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
Zambia to camp in Nigeria for AWCON
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Zambia to camp in Nigeria for AWCON

My Zambian ex gave me such a good impression of Zambia that I will probably love that country for life.She was brilliant,energetic and very thoughtful. If they have half the grit we have, they will go places. The Southern African complacency is the only thing holding them back.

Welcome to Nigeria my former inlaws.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

I like that this coach wants to have a speedy team. Apart from the central defenders, the team can ooze speed. South Africans are trying this quick football, but they are knuckleheads who have very little football brains. They can dribble in front of an open net.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1168) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.