Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,364 members, 7,937,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (925) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (912775 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) ... (1165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
mostob:
This is ridiculous

What if they're trans? I have no issue with that but I'm just saying.

Let's assume they cut off their peepee just to beat the rule.

Their organ isn't primarily what they check (that's a little invasive and may be a last resort). What I know they do check is their hormonal levels (which can't lie) it's why Caster Semenya was disqualified. The testosterone level was way higher than should be. They however won't check until a complaint with merit is made.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2023
AkinDS:
I am sorry, but y'all are grossly overrating these two young ladies. They are up and coming, but certainly NOT anywhere close to Caicedo.
No way!

Honestly, Onyi is good also, but is not that good in comparison also. We all need to temp down all these comparisons, as neither of the three ladies in question even play (or have ever played) at the level and caliber of competition as Caicedo.

I agree. I think as Nigerians we tend to overestimate our players, it's the same thing we see with the Super Eagles. Our players are good but not that good. Players like Onyi need to replicate their college form at a more competitive stage to be taken more seriously. College football and club/international football are two different things. We of course know they have potentials but they have to prove it at all levels, that's what Caicedo has done.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2023
AkinDS:
Ah ah...'Calm down', Deltamani - as one of the contributors on this forum always says to me grin.

Look, Caicedo is ranked this high for a reason and yes, she IS deserving of the title.
Salma only blossomed for Spain at the world cup (where she was not even a starter until later on in the competition) and before then, was a bit part player for Barcelona, where she was also a bit part player.

Caicedo, on the other hand, played in ALL the grade level WWCs and excelled. She was highly instrumental in making Colombia reach a quarterfinal spot.

For me, Caicedo was more influential to women's football than Salma was this year. By far and very well deserved!

On influence, I agree Caicedo has garnered more influence than Salma has and this extends beyond football. A girl who got diagnosed with Cancer at 15 and surviving same in the space of 3 years together with her footballing talent is a better story to tell. However, on football only Salma should have won the award and the stats agree with Deltamani.

Salma is probably the only woman player (I stand corrected) that has won the u17, u20 and Women's world cup all in 5 years. She was instrumental in all of the winnings.

Restricting our conversation to the 2022/2023 season and in competitions where they both featured:

Salma won the u20 world cup in 2022 scoring 3 goals. Linda got knocked out of the quarter finals scoring 2 goals

Salma won the Senior Women's world cup in 2023 scoring 2 important goals for Spain and winning the young player's award. Linda scored 2 goals and got knocked out in the quarter finals.

In the La Liga, Salma scored 11 goals and 4 assist winning the league and also the Champion's league. Linda scored 2 goals and 4 assist in same league.

Obviously on football alone, Salma deserves it more, but Linda winning yh award with many of the things she's had to go through is a better story.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
lovewins:

Their organ isn't primarily what they check (that's a little invasive and may be a last resort). What I know they do check is their hormonal levels (which can't lie) it's why Caster Semenya was disqualified. The testosterone level was way higher than should be. They however won't check until a complaint with merit is made.
Oh.. I get it now. However, that can be manipulated too grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2023
AkinDS:
I am sorry, but y'all are grossly overrating these two young ladies. They are up and coming, but certainly NOT anywhere close to Caicedo.
No way!

Honestly, Onyi is good also, but is not that good in comparison also. We all need to temp down all these comparisons, as neither of the three ladies in question even play (or have ever played) at the level and caliber of competition as Caicedo.

Liiikkkkkeeee..:… I understand the hope and lofty expectations for our own girls but then, you can’t mention players who are either playing college football or in an amateur league with players who are playing at the highest level possible and displaying their quality.

Flourish has gotten the move to a top league in Europe, let her dominate first, then we can come back to those discussions. Same for Onyi when she makes the move to NWSL or any top league in Europe. For now, Linda and Salma aren’t their mates.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2023
FT: ASFAR 2-0 Ampem

[M. Nyame 33', G. Chebbak 45'+2]

👏 ASFAR of Morocco make it 3 podium finishes in 3:🥉2021🥇 2022 🥉 2023

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 8:05am On Nov 19, 2023

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Rofiat Imuran with a nice goal. Seem Flourish wasn't on the bench

Stade De Reims Coach don use style Legalize Rofiat Imuran as Left Winger, i The moment they brought in Cameroonian Left Back Nzana I knew that Rofiat isn’t going back to the Defense Line except an injury or something tactical..

Anyway she isn’t the first Playing as a LB/LW for both Club and Country.. Salma Bacha does that regularly for France too.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:02am On Nov 19, 2023
AkinDS:
Clearly another man.
CAF needs to clamp down on all this nonsense!
It’s getting ridiculous!!

I don’t just know what to say about this…
Zambia have about 5 of them in their team, their Physique clearly shows they’re men to be sincere. But still parading them as Women.

She played for Zambia at the 2020 COSAFA Women's Championship. She was left out of the Zambia squad's for both the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and 2022 Women's Africa Cup of Nations squad because of gender eligibility rules, due to her testosterone levels..

Chilufya was recalled to the national team for a 2022 friendly against the Netherlands. She appeared in training prior to the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup, the team's first appearance in the tournament, but she did not make the final squad..

Now she’s back in the Squad for the WAFCON Qualifiers..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:06am On Nov 19, 2023
mostob:
This is ridiculous

What if they're trans? I have no issue with that but I'm just saying.

Let's assume they cut off their peepee just to beat the rule.

Omor this guy na Broda ooo, Nothing Babe for this her Body at all…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOtYJRNjtn0?si=BcPVazfBhLiXzg75

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:09am On Nov 19, 2023
lovewins:

At some point they do go for Organ check, I remember the case of Former Equatorial Guinea🇬🇶 international Genoveva Anonman, she was asked to strip naked back then when she was playing for Turbine Portdam in Germany just to prove that she’s female..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:17am On Nov 19, 2023
#8 Salimata Simpore and #5 Biliguisa Simpore E/Guinea twin sister ahbi na Brothers of Confusion that year…

Even with all that Ohale Still mark her down during the 2010 WAFCON in South Africa, one of the reasons I became her Fan and respect her so much and Ohale was just coming from the U20 then just like Demehin did going to the World Cup but Ohale went to the WAFCON before the 2011 World Cup..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2023
Deltamani:

Zambia have about 5 of them in their team, their Physique clearly shows they’re men to be sincere. But still parading them as Women.

She played for Zambia at the 2020 COSAFA Women's Championship. She was left out of the Zambia squad's for both the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and 2022 Women's Africa Cup of Nations squad because of gender eligibility rules, due to her testosterone levels..

Chilufya was recalled to the national team for a 2022 friendly against the Netherlands. She appeared in training prior to the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup, the team's first appearance in the tournament, but she did not make the final squad..

Mehn that last picture.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 11:18am On Nov 19, 2023
Deltamani:

Haaa!!!! this one? na this people go make me stop watching female football
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 11:32am On Nov 19, 2023
Please what time are we playing Tanzania? I've already buy Data to stream it live
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:42am On Nov 19, 2023
dankorode:
Please what time are we playing Tanzania? I've already buy Data to stream it live
I saw 4pm somewhere.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2023
Deltamani:

Stade De Reims Coach don use style Legalize Rofiat Imuran as Left Winger, i The moment they brought in Cameroonian Left Back Nzana I knew that Rofiat isn’t going back to the Defense Line except an injury or something tactical..

Anyway she isn’t the first Playing as a LB/LW for both Club and Country.. Salma Bacha does that regularly for France too.

It's a good deal. The coach is utilising her attacking quality while basically having 2 left backs on the pitch. Plus if u watch their fullbacks, they barely go forward. It would almost be a waste to play her there.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
Stream it where ? grin
dankorode:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chai so sad for Linda Caicedo. Goalkeeper rolled her ankle badly. Hopefully it's not that serious but she was in tears
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
isan:
Stream it where ? grin

Miracles can happen grin just like the Super Falcons game
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2023
Thunder fire Barca coach angry so I watched all that for no Oshoala grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
Can NFF go sort out Waldrum deal and get it over with
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Thunder fire Barca coach angry so I watched all that for no Oshoala grin

Rumors had it that she suffered a slight knock b4 the game.. So they’re taking Caution ⚠️ ⛔️
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
NFF let go of Rohr and signed José Peseiro who’s already sinking the SuperEagles more and more…

The Portuguese football tactician is wack!

They shouldn’t make such mistakes with Randy Waldrum ooo🫣

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2023
yinkeys:
Can NFF go sort out Waldrum deal and get it over with

Leave them. Let them mess that one up too. Nonsense people. So angry right now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2023
isan:
Stream it where ? grin
On Facebook
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
Danjuma finally Benched Anderline…. Basco you’re working 🙌

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
Deltamani:

U Don come grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tessyy1701: 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2023
Deltamani:

Where can We stream this?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
Tessyy1701:

Where can We stream this?
no live stream
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
link. pls make Person watch forget moments Ago abeg
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by skallion7(m): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2023
Goooal, Janet akekoromowei scores off ajakaye assist

(1) (2) (3) ... (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) ... (1165) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: oweniwe(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.