Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:02 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (980) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (876940 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (1127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:00pm On Jan 25
GeneralDae:

What I like most about her game is that she hardly shoots widely or off target. That's a good quality to have in a footballer and not an easy one.

I think her shooting is one thing that set her ahead of her mates, not so much of them have such precision in front of goal just like her..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 3:03pm On Jan 25
Deltamani:

No much difference to pick between the Isreal, Cyprus side and Saudi.. But again the Saudi have done well for themselves. Not really easy convincing the big guns down there just as China did in the past.
It's all about the mullah. With the mullah, you don't need much convincing especially in the women's game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:07pm On Jan 25
GeneralDae:

It's all about the mullah. With the mullah, you don't need much convincing especially in the women's game.

Lol 😂
Talking about the Mullah… Some of the Players are also putting their National team slot into consideration.., they wouldn’t want to lose it just because they left a tougher League to go play in Saudi..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25
Deltamani:

No much difference to pick between the Isreal, Cyprus side and Saudi.. But again the Saudi have done well for themselves. Not really easy convincing the big guns down there just as China did in the past.

The difference is that China already had quality players on ground. So when u bring in those big guns the league goes to another level. In Saudi's case they were basically starting from ground zero.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 3:47pm On Jan 25
Deltamani:

Lol 😂
Talking about the Mullah… Some of the Players are also putting their National team slot into consideration.., they wouldn’t want to lose it just because they left a tougher League to go play in Saudi..
That depends on the national team in question and how many options they have to replace you. It also depends on your overall quality or at least your pedigree in that particular national team.

For example, we wouldn't just drop Oshoala (at least for the next few years), if she starts playing in Saudi today, due to her pedigree. Also, because we lack competition in the left back at the moment, we would struggle to do away with Imuran even if she is playing in Saudi Arabia.

So the player in question would put all of that into consideration.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:57pm On Jan 25
Christy Ucheibe and Halimatu Ayinde both start in the faceoff between Benfica and Rosengard.

Match stars in 48 minutes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:43pm On Jan 25
lovewins:
Christy Ucheibe and Halimatu Ayinde both start in the faceoff between Benfica and Rosengard.

Match stars in 48 minutes.

Let’s goooooo…. 2 of our top Midfielders

https://www.youtube.com/live/grlqpyGfM3g?si=sUAtooo_GshJXx6M

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:50pm On Jan 25
Deltamani:

Let’s goooooo…. 2 of our top Midfielders

https://www.youtube.com/live/grlqpyGfM3g?si=sUAtooo_GshJXx6M

Too bad Christy will play as a defender

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:44pm On Jan 25
Ajara Nchout Njoya confirms her departure from Inter Milan and appears set to be confirmed by a top club in Saudi 🇸🇦 Women's Premier League

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:45pm On Jan 25
BascoVanVeli:

Too bad Christy will play as a defender

Yeah… On the Right Side in a Back 3 CB formation.. that have been her position for a while now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:05pm On Jan 25
Halimatu subbed off - hopefully, it’s not but it sure looks like a hamstring problem.

Decent performance
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:53pm On Jan 25

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:59pm On Jan 25
BascoVanVeli:
Chiamaka vs Hacken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1PVA0usPFQ
Hopefully a better club comes for her next season

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:48am On Jan 26
AkinDS:
Halimatu subbed off - hopefully, it’s not but it sure looks like a hamstring problem.

Decent performance
Debbie couldn't have 'arrived' at a better time. I don't like how Ayinde has been battling with injuries this days. At least we're covered at her position.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:12am On Jan 26
mostob:
Debbie couldn't have 'arrived' at a better time. I don't like how Ayinde has been battling with injuries this days. At least we're covered at her position.

Omor is not easy ooo and not her fault too, Someone who has gone through ACL injury.. Look at Alexia Putellas she had to undergo another Knee Surgery just to get better again.. PSG Center Back Dudek has been out with Two ACL injuries back to back…! Abeg e no easy.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:13am On Jan 26
AkinDS:

Decent performance

She should be okay within a Week or two, Don’t think that knock is something we should be worried about but again, we have Debbie Abeodun and even Regina Otu to cover up..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:17am On Jan 26
Thank Goodness Laliga Academy Sharply Signed Miracle Usani

Guys wait, is Coach Danjuma aware that there’s a talent like Miracle Usani who can play as a Full Back for the U20’s ahbi She no da her plan??

This girl really need to be nurtured cause I see as our Future Right/Left Back.!

Again Will Danjuma bring in any of those U20 Players born or based abroad to boost the Squad?? The likes of Imuran, Sabastine, Usani, Olamide, Okoye, Erhabor and Co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qniGDQ7nZNU?si=0sP8X3NoXV-j5368

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:01pm On Jan 26
Deltamani:

Omor is not easy ooo and not her fault too, Someone who has gone through ACL injury.. Look at Alexia Putellas she had to undergo another Knee Surgery just to get better again.. PSG Center Back Dudek has been out with Two ACL injuries back to back…! Abeg e no easy.
It is not easy. They need to do something about these frequent ACL injuries
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:13pm On Jan 26
mostob:
It is not easy. They need to do something about these frequent ACL injuries

They really need to, even if it’s FIFA or the various Continental Bodies to come together and work a way out.. Since the men ain’t facing it at higher numbers like the women it might take a while..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:15pm On Jan 26
Deltamani:
JOE be doing her things….

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2hVMtXLTB8/?igsh=dnZndHcwbWlkMDJy

I usually underrate JOE physical aspects of the game, I thought she wasn’t that Strong Physically just like Ucheibe, Ayinde and Abeodun but again she has proven that she’s up to that level..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:33pm On Jan 26
Deltamani:

Women are the real adjebutters 😂😄
I don't know how easy it's gonna be on them because men with generally stronger bones are also having a hard time. Not easy at all.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:24pm On Jan 26
Maureen Umeh and Some of her African Teammates at Nantes FC…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:55pm On Jan 26
Congratulations to SuperFalcons Defender Onyinyechi Zogg as she sign with Servette FC Chênois Féminin back in Switzerland🇨🇭

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:59pm On Jan 26
Onyinyechi Zogg SFCCF's new recruit ✍️🇱🇻🆕,

The New recruit for the Servette FCCF, native of Bern, Onyinyechi strengthens the garnet rear guard until the end of the season.

At the age of 26, the Nigerian international already has a great experience in the professional world with passages to YB, Zürich, Soyaux and Postdam. It is now in the city of Calvin that the central defender will settle until the end of the 2024 season.

Sandy Maendly, Sports Director of the FCCF Servette: "It is a real pleasure to be able to count on the arrival of Onyinyechi. We have been able to get to know her in recent weeks, and her qualities as well as her determination have convinced us. Her experience and leadership will bring an undeniable plus to our defensive sector."

The whole club wishes Onyinyechi a welcome to the club and wishes him every success in this new adventure!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:34pm On Jan 26
Ok Juventus Fans Now Have A New Nickname For Jennifer Onyi Echegini in Turin,🇮🇹

Joe Potter 🧙‍♀️ 🪄

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:20pm On Jan 26
Market Value @ €15k

Hmm🧐

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:40am On Jan 27
The fans are saying she’s the most beautiful Super Falcons of Nigeria, Onyinyechi Salome Zogg…!

All I want from her is to be beautiful on the Pitch… At least she have like 4 good years and more to spend in the team if she’s at the top of her game!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:22am On Jan 27
It may probably be time for Oshoala to start making post Barcelona plans. As it is now, she rarely gets game time. She's like no 3 now in the pecking order. This is even more so concerning when you consider she's probably the only 9 they have in the team. They'll rather play Alexia (when she wasn't injured) and now Salma ahead of her.

She's achieved everything with Barcelona and it may be time to say good bye. If she still wants to compete I believe she could easily get a spot in any of the top leagues in Europe or even Mexico. She can however just go for money in Saudi Arabia.

I really do not think Lyon will allow Ada go, I also do not think Barcelona can afford to pay both Ada and Alexia so it may not happen. The fact however is Barcelona is in the market for a striker and Oshoala should just read the room.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:21am On Jan 27
lovewins:
It may probably be time for Oshoala to start making post Barcelona plans. As it is now, she rarely gets game time. She's like no 3 now in the pecking order. This is even more so concerning when you consider she's probably the only 9 they have in the team. They'll rather play Alexia (when she wasn't injured) and now Salma ahead of her.

She's achieved everything with Barcelona and it may be time to say good bye. If she still wants to compete I believe she could easily get a spot in any of the top leagues in Europe or even Mexico. She can however just go for money in Saudi Arabia.

I really do not think Lyon will allow Ada go, I also do not think Barcelona can afford to pay both Ada and Alexia so it may not happen. The fact however is Barcelona is in the market for a striker and Oshoala should just read the room.

Lol 😂 😂
You’re talking as if the Asisat Oshoala there does not know what is going on right away… She might probably want to see her Contract out at least capping it off with the UEFA Women’s Champions League trophy while Barcelona will be at loss not getting any money from her leaving for free..! Her Agent also manages big names like Maren Mjelde, Jess Carter, Les Sommer, Ajibade and co, there’s already plan B…

Asisat Style of play also fits the NWSL or the Mexico League, I will be glad if she goes there or better still her English Favorite Club ( Manchester United)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:52am On Jan 27
Deltamani:

Lol 😂 😂
You’re talking as if the Asisat Oshoala there does not know what is going on right away… She might probably want to see her Contract out at least capping it off with the UEFA Women’s Champions League trophy while Barcelona will be at loss not getting any money from her leaving for free..! Her Agent also manages big names like Maren Mjelde, Jess Carter, Les Sommer, Ajibade and co, there’s already plan B…

Asisat Style of play also fits the NWSL or the Mexico League, I will be glad if she goes there or better still her English Favorite Club ( Manchester United)

Of course I know

Barcelona typically renews contracts between January and March. I however think renewing may not be a great idea cause she's obviously out of favour. We however don't know the direction the new coach may take, but I doubt it will be any different from status quo.

I intentionally left out NWSL cause I sincerely do not think she'll do well there. Recall I mentioned 2 primary motivations for her transfer — money and competitiveness/Titles. I doubt any top team in the NWSL will go for her, so she'll be left with teams that won't even make playoffs talk less of competing for titles. The only plays that offers both to her is Mexico cause they seem to be doling out a lot of money and it may be a lot easier joining a top team there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:05am On Jan 27
lovewins:

Of course I know

Barcelona typically renews contracts between January and March. I however think renewing may not be a great idea cause she's obviously out of favour. We however don't know the direction the new coach may take, but I doubt it will be any different from status quo.

I intentionally left out NWSL cause I sincerely do not think she'll do well there. Recall I mentioned 2 primary motivations for her transfer — money and competitiveness/Titles. I doubt any top team in the NWSL will go for her, so she'll be left with teams that won't even make playoffs talk less of competing for titles. The only plays that offers both to her is Mexico cause they seem to be doling out a lot of money and it may be a lot easier joining a top team there.

NWSL pays well and a tougher League than the Mexican side, and there’s Washington Spirit, Portland Thorns who are among the top5 teams in the NWSL. What if she follows her Coach that is heading to Washington Spirit..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:47am On Jan 27
Deltamani:

NWSL pays well and a tougher League than the Mexican side, and there’s Washington Spirit, Portland Thorns who are among the top5 teams in the NWSL. What if she follows her Coach that is heading to Washington Spirit..

The same coach that is not playing her now? Neither of those teams her signing her btw. The US teams have limited salary cap they can't go beyond so she's not getting a bag there. She'll likely to get the bag in Mexico.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (1127) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.